Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by carey »

Not a bad first week all things considered. 2-1 with a split against the Kings on a back-to-back on their court. Would like to see Dario back soon because our big rotation is less than great. Two nationally televised games this week with one of them on TNT with Chuck & the crew.

Last Week's Games

vs. Mavs WIN! 106-102
@ Kings Loss 106-103
@ Kings WIN! 116-100

This Week's Games

Tuesday, Dec. 29th vs. NOLA 10:00 PM EST TNT
Thursday, Dec. 31st @ Utah 9:00 PM EST NBATv
Friday, Jan. 1st @ Denver 9:00 PM EST
Sunday, Jan. 3rd vs. L.A. Clippers 8:00 PM EST

Suns Stories

Center of the Sun: Suns finish Week 1 with winning record - https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2020 ... record-nba

Locked On Suns Monday: The Suns show how high their floor is during a weekend back-to-back in Sacramento - https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2020 ... ento-kings

Phoenix Suns have a 'pro's pro' in E'Twaun Moore - https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 044552001/

Suns find offensive breakthrough of sorts, roll in 2nd half to beat Kings - https://arizonasports.com/story/2491424 ... eat-kings/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Re: Suns News: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by O_Gardino »

I'd like to see 2 home wins and one road win this week. I think the clips are mentally soft and will fold if we pressure them.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm really excited to see Dario back, but I expect it'll take a game or three for him to find a rhythm. I know I overrate him, but I really value the little things he brings. Boxing out, passing, overall awareness. All of those things will really help the Suns.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Pelicans gonna be a big game tomorrow for sure. Van Gundy has those guys playing hard so probably good we had the wakeup call with the L to bring it every night.
I know Jevon earned his playing time but I think he might be pressing a little bit to show he deserved the contract. Payne and Gallo easily seem to be the two small guards who should be getting minutes in the teens. My only concern at the moment is Monty 3 guard lineups that I think have featured at some point in every game, not too fussy about that trend but will monitor it
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't know what the hell happened to Jevon in Sacramento. He played well in the opener, but his first two shots in the Saturday Kings game were WAY off. Like, Paul George side of the backboard off. He then proceeded to go 0-5 and now Monty's pulled the plug on him.

It's important to remember that Monty and Jevon trust each other. When Monty sees him lose his shooting touch, he's keeping him on the bench. And Jevon knows that he needs to reliably hit those spot up 3's to get into the rotation. I'm confident he'll be back and be a key factor in some wins this season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Moore is a good player. I’d love to find a place for him in the rotation.

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:08 pm
Pelicans gonna be a big game tomorrow for sure. Van Gundy has those guys playing hard so probably good we had the wakeup call with the L to bring it every night.
I know Jevon earned his playing time but I think he might be pressing a little bit to show he deserved the contract. Payne and Gallo easily seem to be the two small guards who should be getting minutes in the teens. My only concern at the moment is Monty 3 guard lineups that I think have featured at some point in every game, not too fussy about that trend but will monitor it
The 3 guard lineups have usually been against the 2nd unit and all the guards can defend, so I’m ok with it. Payne has been fantastic on D, we know what Carter brings on D, and Galloway has that 6’8 wingspan and is deceptively long. He’s only 6’2, but he can defend up a position. When Paul is out there, Paul is smart and defends big guys pretty well who try to post him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nice highlights of Cam off the dribble. Not so surprised that number is down because it seems like he's been making an effort to do more off the dribble since the bubble. Just don't want him passing up good/open shots and forcing things that aren't there. His jumper is his bread and butter.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:34 pm
Strange for Nader to still be in concussion protocol, no?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:35 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
The 3 guard lineups have usually been against the 2nd unit and all the guards can defend, so I’m ok with it. Payne has been fantastic on D, we know what Carter brings on D, and Galloway has that 6’8 wingspan and is deceptively long. He’s only 6’2, but he can defend up a position. When Paul is out there, Paul is smart and defends big guys pretty well who try to post him.
Any lineup with Stephon Jevon Marbury-Carter is a losing lineup

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:02 pm
I'm really excited to see Dario back, but I expect it'll take a game or three for him to find a rhythm. I know I overrate him, but I really value the little things he brings. Boxing out, passing, overall awareness. All of those things will really help the Suns.
I’m expecting him to suck for a few weeks

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:52 pm
Split T wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
He didn't have a single negative plus/minus in the bubble. His average was like +9. I am willing to give him a couple more games to see if he can start hitting his shots, considering he shot so great last year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:05 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:34 pm
Strange for Nader to still be in concussion protocol, no?
Depends, he must have been symptomatic, in that case you don’t pass through the protocol until symptoms resolve

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:07 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
He didn't have a single negative plus/minus in the bubble. His average was like +9. I am willing to give him a couple more games to see if he can start hitting his shots, considering he shot so great last year.
Bubble was a mirage and completely different than how he played before or after

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:14 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:07 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Bubble was a mirage and completely different than how he played before or after
"before" he led us in 3P%, steals/36, and had the 2nd lowest TO/36 on the team. "after" has been 3 games.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He’s back to playing starbury ball on offense, trying to do more than he’s able a la PJ Tucker. Don’t need that on the court. Would rather give that Pt to Galloway h less we are really hurting defensively

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just curious. Would you guys trade Ayton straight up for Trae Young right now?
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yes. And I don't like Trae Young as much as most people.

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:09 pm
Just curious. Would you guys trade Ayton straight up for Trae Young right now?
Ab. So. Lute. Ly.