Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Mori Chu »

That Nashville bombing was scary. It sounds like they took out an AT&T building along with cell phone service and 911 service for the Nashville area all day. Was that the goal? Is it part of any larger effort to disable important communication services and utilities, or just a random act of violence?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Suicide bombing suspected in Nashville explosion as investigators search home south of the city
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/26/us/nashv ... index.html

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It sounds like they have identified a suspect, a "person of interest" in the bombing. Some 63-year-old man from about 10 miles away from the blast site. I hope they apprehend whomever was involved in this and figure out how to stop future attacks.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mother, 29, given TWO free homes worth $409K by 'Nashville bomber', 63, says she had no idea he signed property over to her a month ago - as feds probe if he blew himself up at AT&T building because he feared 5G is spying on Americans

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... omber.html

Indy

Post by Indy »

I haven't read a ton about this, but it does sound like a guy wanted to off himself, but wanted to do it in a way to get the most attention possible.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sad

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Conspiracy theory about 5G ... That's Q-Anon stuff, right?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The truth about 5G conspiracy theories on the internet
https://www.azfamily.com/news/investiga ... 2938f.html

https://www.insideedition.com/what-is-t ... s-believer
Like the other major communications companies, AT&T uses 5G, the latest high-speed wireless technology. But some conspiracy theorists fear the technology can be used to spy on Americans. Others even believe the unfounded claim that coronavirus is being spread by 5G waves.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Can't spell Anthony Quinn Warner without "QAnon" amirite?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think the whole story that he killed himself over 5G makes zero sense, but super convenient and sounds like complete bullsh!t.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

What is convenient about it?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

They solved the case in 24 hrs., that's amazing. All nice and tidy. Found some DNA, found a match, found his motive, figured it all out without a suicide note. Isn't it interesting that the ground where the RV was doesn't have a crater, just black chard ground? From the initial photos of the aftermath, all it took out was windows, blew open a door of the red car on the same side of the street it was on. Why would he go kill himself in front of an AT&T place because he was upset at 5G? They could rebuild that tower in less than a week, and it would all be for naught. That's silly. There are also reports that he posted that he was looking forward to going to the woods with his dog that weekend. Was in the RV waving his hands to tell people to stay away? Why was there reports of a lot of gunfire prior? Do you think he killed himself prior? Feels like a setup stooge, tbh.
This video makes it look like the bomb or whatever it was came from somewhere in front of the white car on the opposite side of the street and it's concussion blew open the door of the red car on the opposite side of the street.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:36 am
I think the whole story that he killed himself over 5G makes zero sense, but super convenient and sounds like complete bullsh!t.
It’s the only explanation given so far making it the best explanation so far. Was he was murdered in an elaborate suicide scheme? He gave away his material wealth before he died. That would make the recipient who was given two houses is the prime suspect if it was a murder. Did this lady manage to build a huge suicide bomb, kill the guy and then drive his body in his motorhome to downtown Nashville, rig a timer and a PA system to warn people, blast off several rounds of a gun to attract attention, somehow slip away in the darkness and then appear in another state right after the explosion? That would be impressive.

I tend to believe the 5G story over that one. Millions of Americans believe every conspiracy theory thrown out there nowadays. Trump base believes in all of them.

Indy

Post by Indy »

there wasn't much explosive. Why would there be a crater? The concrete and asphalt is much stronger than the glass and wood/brick façades of the buildings. Of course that is where the energy would go.

It is really easy to find out who owned the RV, right? You don't need a lot of forensic science to run a plate.

The comment about AT&T being able to rebuild a tower... This guy was not rationale; he thought 5G was a global conspiracy. He probably isn't thinking of the long term ramifications of his actions, besides "everyone will know my name!" like that idiot that shot Lennon.

Where did you read reports of a lot of gunfire? I read there was reports of gunfire. Meaning, a lot of people called the police because they heard gunfire. Not someone called the police because they heard a lot of gunfire. Single shots get lots of calls when it happens in town.

This video doesn't show much besides a huge fireball. The speed of this camera looks to be at best 60 frames a second, probably 30. One frame of that is way slower than an explosion.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:53 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:36 am
It’s the only explanation given so far making it the best explanation so far. Was he was murdered in an elaborate suicide scheme? He gave away his material wealth before he died. That would make the recipient who was given two houses is the prime suspect if it was a murder. Did this lady manage to build a huge suicide bomb, kill the guy and then drive his body in his motorhome to downtown Nashville, rig a timer and a PA system to warn people, blast off several rounds of a gun to attract attention, somehow slip away in the darkness and then appear in another state right after the explosion? That would be impressive.

I tend to believe the 5G story over that one. Millions of Americans believe every conspiracy theory thrown out there nowadays. Trump base believes in all of them.
I'm not making the case that some chick less than half his age in California did this, that's just silly.

Where does one find bomb material(I realize that he had a previous license for making bombs in the past with his job), and the same kind that blow out windows, trees and possibly a section of the wall of the building opposite(from photos released well afterwards, which also had many more cars damaged than were on the street from the video right before), but doesn't create a crater in the ground? That's odd, don't you think?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:54 am
there wasn't much explosive. Why would there be a crater? The concrete and asphalt is much stronger than the glass and wood/brick façades of the buildings. Of course that is where the energy would go.

It is really easy to find out who owned the RV, right? You don't need a lot of forensic science to run a plate.

The comment about AT&T being able to rebuild a tower... This guy was not rationale; he thought 5G was a global conspiracy. He probably isn't thinking of the long term ramifications of his actions, besides "everyone will know my name!" like that idiot that shot Lennon.

Where did you read reports of a lot of gunfire? I read there was reports of gunfire. Meaning, a lot of people called the police because they heard gunfire. Not someone called the police because they heard a lot of gunfire. Single shots get lots of calls when it happens in town.

This video doesn't show much besides a huge fireball. The speed of this camera looks to be at best 60 frames a second, probably 30. One frame of that is way slower than an explosion.
I read that they couldn't find the license plate or vin number on the RV, but they found his house due to the DNA they found. It seems that they would see License plate before the bomb went off though, unless it wasn't on the RV(seems more plausible that it was there prior).

I thought I read that there were reports of more shots than just one. Perhaps he shot himself prior to the bomb, idk. So he did this all because he wanted his name to be known after he was dead? Idk, seems crazy, but he could have been completely crazy.

You're right, it wasn't a fast frame camera, so you aren't going to get the exact location of the epicenter of the explosion, but you do see were it retracts to, which is on the other side of the street from the RV, and like I said prior the concussion of the bomb looked like it came from that location, since it blew open the door of that red car opposite of that location.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In Afghanistan they bury the bombs and that definitely makes a crater. Would a bomb in an RV sitting above ground make a crater? What was the bomb made of? This guy used to have a license to make bombs? So he clearly knows how to make bombs. Not a lot of people know how to make bombs. He gave away all his assets before he died. He owned the RV. Until I see any evidence of anything else I am going with suicide. I think they traced the RV to him from some of the parts.

https://apnews.com/article/nashville-ex ... 781a3c31f4
In addition, investigators from the Tennessee Highway Patrol recovered parts from the RV among the wreckage from the blast, and were able to link the vehicle identification number to an RV that was registered to Warner, officials said.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy

Post by Indy »

why would you not want to know as much about him as possible? He is a suicide bomber. You need to know who he talked to and who he 'hung out' with.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That is a little weird that the FBI would ask for tips about him if he was dead already. Did he stage his own death? Is there a huge life insurance policy? Why give away your houses worth over $400,000 if you were doing it for the money?