Around the League: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: Week 2 12/28-1/3

Post by Mori Chu »

Yes, but, why did we choose toast when filet mignon was also available? And why can't toast catch a damn entry pass or dunk a damn basketball??

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

I'm kind of hoping for toast to add some avocado, bacon, and tomato, so it's at least appetizing and filling, even if it's not all that fancy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

You said:
Superbone wrote:I'm going to try to be more tolerant of Ayton's shortcomings and be happy with what we have.
That is exactly what I was responding to. Maybe by 'tolerant' you didn't mean accepting of it? Maybe by 'happy with what we have' you didn't mean satisfied with it?

And toast, but instead of avocado we used whirled peas.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I think ‘Bone was more around stop beating the dead horse and move onto the PRESENT, wich is not so bad once you look at it. That alternate world were we took Doncic it’s only on our imagination, so we could as well adding that we missed on hanging a banner this summer after an undefeated season as well.

Only in Planet Orange we choose to keep pressing on whats wrong instead of enjoying three wins in a row... lord forgive us, we need to self flagelate ourselves over not taking Doncic, keeping Bledsoe, trading Marion, not extending JJ and on and on... all of this while talking about anonymous undrafted people who rarely become relevant as great misses from the FO.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:49 pm
all of this while talking about anonymous undrafted people who rarely become relevant as great misses from the FO.
Yeah, that doesn't really happen, but it does sell your narrative well.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:08 pm
You said:
Superbone wrote:I'm going to try to be more tolerant of Ayton's shortcomings and be happy with what we have.
That is exactly what I was responding to. Maybe by 'tolerant' you didn't mean accepting of it? Maybe by 'happy with what we have' you didn't mean satisfied with it?

And toast, but instead of avocado we used whirled peas.
Yes to all of that however I’ve never tried whirled peas on my toast. I’m a grape jelly guy.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
I think ‘Bone was more around stop beating the dead horse and move onto the PRESENT, wich is not so bad once you look at it.
Exactly this. We are on the same wavelength, my friend.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:50 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
I think ‘Bone was more around stop beating the dead horse and move onto the PRESENT, wich is not so bad once you look at it.

We seriously lack closure skills around here hehe

But tonight we are on Top of the league, we all should be happy, bury the lamentations for a night and... lets enjoy the process!!!

Tomorrow would bring it’s own sorrow, but it’s been a long time since we had something beyond moral victories...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We expect a lot from the #1, especially when #2 turned into an All Star his first year. Then again he’s just some guy that plays basketball. He didn’t brand himself #1 or force us to pick him #1. Basketball people put him there. A lot of people. He’s a very talented player who is one of the best in the world at his sport. That’s no easy task. I certainly can’t do what he does. We might get disappointed that he isn’t what we want him to be but, he deserves some respect.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marvin Bagley hasn't even be close to an All-Star.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:10 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:50 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

We seriously lack closure skills around here hehe

But tonight we are on Top of the league, we all should be happy, bury the lamentations for a night and... lets enjoy the process!!!

Tomorrow would bring it’s own sorrow, but it’s been a long time since we had something beyond moral victories...
That leads me to wonder when is the last time the Suns had the best record in the NBA six game in. Maybe Nash’s first year back, ‘04-‘05, when we started the season 31-4.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

2009 as our last a 4-1 start is long enough suffering for a fan base without Banners but a consistently winning team on town (we used to be the 5th best acumulative record, right?)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:40 am
2009 as our last a 4-1 start is long enough suffering for a fan base without Banners but a consistently winning team on town (we used to be the 5th best acumulative record, right?)
I think it was fourth before Sarver took over.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SWAG SHHH TILL WAVY BABY XANNY BARS SUICIDE DOORS ALERT: through 5 games, the swaggiest and therefore must be best player in the league is averaging 8.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg, a whopping 0.6 assists and 2.4 TO, on 27%/4%/60% shooting splits. I hear he has dope pregame fits though with swagu push-ups and sick dunks as he loses his man off the ball and the Dubs get smashed every night.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

(Maybe Dillon Brooks really WAS the better target)

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal »

Kerr and all his wisdom still has made zero adjustments. lol, such a great coach.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, don’t know if someone posted it in here or I just saw it on Twitter, but Kerr is still trying to play like he’s got a team of super high IQ guys. Oubre, Wiggins, Wiseman are all talented, but they’re not exactly guys you want making lots of quick decisions and making advanced reads.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:06 pm
Ya, don’t know if someone posted it in here or I just saw it on Twitter, but Kerr is still trying to play like he’s got a team of super high IQ guys. Oubre, Wiggins, Wiseman are all talented, but they’re not exactly guys you want making lots of quick decisions and making advanced reads.
I don't get the rush to blame Kerr for the Warriors' struggles. You aren't going to get a ton of wins if you are relying on Oubre and Wiggins and a rookie for a lot of your offense. I don't think Kerr could adjust his coaching in such a way that they would suddenly be doing much better. They have too many chuckers, guys who can't play team basketball, and bad defensive players to really win games.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Split T wrote:
I don't get the rush to blame Kerr for the Warriors' struggles. You aren't going to get a ton of wins if you are relying on Oubre and Wiggins and a rookie for a lot of your offense. I don't think Kerr could adjust his coaching in such a way that they would suddenly be doing much better. They have too many chuckers, guys who can't play team basketball, and bad defensive players to really win games.
Says the homer. :lol:
"Be Legendary."

Oatmeal

Post by Oatmeal »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Split T wrote:
Our former coaches and Booker have been crushed for years for having to deal with these types of rosters 😂