Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Game Day: Raptors (1-5) @ Suns (5-2), Wed 1/6/21

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:15 am
I watched all of this game, but it was hard to focus with everything going on in the news today.
yeah, sedition will do that to you.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Sedation did it to me.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Was it just me or did Siakam seem to have more trouble against our small guards? He did whatever he wanted against Bridges, Crowder, and Ayton, but I seem to remember CP3 and Payne forcing him to pass it out or miss.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:57 pm
In regards to the Kardashians, I think the hate for them mostly stems from the fact that they’re horrible humans.
I hear they do a lot of charity.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Doing charity is not synonymous with being a good person, specially if you turned it into a show.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:31 am
just some observations:
Our starters seem to be constantly getting off to slow starts.
Paul doesnt seem to look for his own shot enough and booker seems to force it a little at times.
Ayton did a good job on the boards
What happened to Baynes? Didnt have an impact
Loved the bench for the most part and have since the bubble started. Dario does lots of good things. Payne and CJ were good.
Somewhat concerned we couldnt stop siakim. He was basically just doing straight line driver or a driver with a spin at the end. Wasnt crowder lauded for his defense? i thought they may have put ayton on him at some point but we didnt seem to do much different to slow him down. Let me know if I missed something there.

Our closing of games hasnt been great. that sounds weird to say in a win but it seems to follow a similar pattern like the Utah game and a few others.
We have a double digit lead late. Booker holds the ball too much and gets a few turnovers ( got a 8 second violation because he wouldnt pass it to an open paul). We start losing our nerve - had to call 2 timeouts because we coudnt get the ball inbounds.
Booker eventually hits the dagger shot, but 1.5 mins earlier it wouldnt have seemed necessary. Hope they can continue to work on this. Does anyone else see this?

Happy to have the win.
Hope we pound the piston and then rose seeks a buyout to come join us :)
In James Jones we trust. He got rid of all the right people this off-season. Though I would take Baynes over Frank, but definitely not at the salary he got.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
In regards to the Kardashians, I think the hate for them mostly stems from the fact that they’re horrible humans.
Are they?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:09 am
Danimal wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:31 am
just some observations:
Our starters seem to be constantly getting off to slow starts.
Paul doesnt seem to look for his own shot enough and booker seems to force it a little at times.
Ayton did a good job on the boards
What happened to Baynes? Didnt have an impact
Loved the bench for the most part and have since the bubble started. Dario does lots of good things. Payne and CJ were good.
Somewhat concerned we couldnt stop siakim. He was basically just doing straight line driver or a driver with a spin at the end. Wasnt crowder lauded for his defense? i thought they may have put ayton on him at some point but we didnt seem to do much different to slow him down. Let me know if I missed something there.

Our closing of games hasnt been great. that sounds weird to say in a win but it seems to follow a similar pattern like the Utah game and a few others.
We have a double digit lead late. Booker holds the ball too much and gets a few turnovers ( got a 8 second violation because he wouldnt pass it to an open paul). We start losing our nerve - had to call 2 timeouts because we coudnt get the ball inbounds.
Booker eventually hits the dagger shot, but 1.5 mins earlier it wouldnt have seemed necessary. Hope they can continue to work on this. Does anyone else see this?

Happy to have the win.
Hope we pound the piston and then rose seeks a buyout to come join us :)
In James Jones we trust. He got rid of all the right people this off-season. Though I would take Baynes over Frank, but definitely not at the salary he got.
It does speak well overall on the org that guys who left or were traded aren't playing as well on their new teams. Makes Monty, the system and players look good. Jae is working out well too. Players around the league notice that kind of stuff.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:16 am
Mori Chu wrote:
I watched all of this game, but it was hard to focus with everything going on in the news today.
Just one of the lowest points in American history, that's all. Anyway, glad we had basketball to take my mind off of it for a couple hours.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:45 am
Was it just me or did Siakam seem to have more trouble against our small guards? He did whatever he wanted against Bridges, Crowder, and Ayton, but I seem to remember CP3 and Payne forcing him to pass it out or miss.
Well, Payne is well known for his defense on bigs.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:29 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:16 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Just one of the lowest points in American history, that's all. Anyway, glad we had basketball to take my mind off of it for a couple hours.
exactly

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Nice to see we have a bench mob. I actually have a more relaxed feeling when our bench is in. Not saying they are better than the starters but overall they generally have a more calming presence. Like, you know what you're getting from them.

I don't know what we're getting from CP, Book, and Ayton each night yet because of adjustments im sure but I find myself getting nervous when Booker only has a few shot attempts and it's halftime.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:33 pm
Nice to see we have a bench mob. I actually have a more relaxed feeling when our bench is in. Not saying they are better than the starters but overall they generally have a more calming presence. Like, you know what you're getting from them.

I don't know what we're getting from CP, Book, and Ayton each night yet because of adjustments im sure but I find myself getting nervous when Booker only has a few shot attempts and it's halftime.
There’s just still way too many wasted dribbles with Book and CP3 in the game together. They feed off each other too. They need to knock that off. Our offensive rhythm is so much better with Payne in with Book

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:09 pm
There’s just still way too many wasted dribbles with Book and CP3 in the game together. They feed off each other too. They need to knock that off. Our offensive rhythm is so much better with Payne in with Book
I'd still rather have Paul & Book together at the end of the game than Cam & Book.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:19 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:09 pm
I'd still rather have Paul & Book together at the end of the game than Cam & Book.
last 2-3 minutes I agree. But I prefer to have Cam for those mid-Q4 minutes.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:45 am
I saw the same thing.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

6 and 2 and we still have tons of room to grow from our starting backcourt. Amazing!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

gosuns wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:43 am
Wally_West wrote:
I hear they do a lot of charity.
I’m glad. Still terrible.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am
Wally_West wrote:
Are they?
Yes. From promoting junk science products, black face and blatant cultural appropriation, that family is terrible.
Also Caitlyn Jenner killed a person.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:53 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am
Wally_West wrote:
Are they?
Yes. From promoting junk science products, black face and blatant cultural appropriation, that family is terrible.
Also Caitlyn Jenner killed a person.
What?! 😳
"Be Legendary."