Suns News: Week 3 1/4-1/10

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Suns News: Week 3 1/4-1/10

Post by Nodack »

Works for me.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:13 am
BKinSJC wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:11 pm
With tonight's San Antonio victory over the Lakers, the Suns are temporarily back in first place in the West - half a game ahead of the two L.A. teams, and then followed by seven teams at exactly 4-4 right now. It's starting off as a bit of a weird season.
Let's just keep winning. How about that?
Perfect, easy to understand, easy to remember.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:16 am
Superbone wrote:
BKinSJC wrote:
With tonight's San Antonio victory over the Lakers, the Suns are temporarily back in first place in the West - half a game ahead of the two L.A. teams, and then followed by seven teams at exactly 4-4 right now. It's starting off as a bit of a weird season.
Perfect, easy to understand, easy to remember.
:D
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The circumstances around this season make every game seem more urgent. I feel like Houston and Denver are already in a deep hole, even though I know being 6 games bask with 64 to play isn't that big a deal.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Superbone wrote:
BKinSJC wrote:

I'm probably not using this right, but what the hell.

Incidentally, I've always thought these two guys were an absolutely perfect encapsulation of what sportscasters doing an obscure event on ESPN8 "The Ocho" should be. I worked in video production a long time back with a little place in SoCal that did a ton of "extreme" sports events for ESPN, ESPN2 and various Fox Sports affiliates - surfing, skateboarding, jet skiing, snowboarding, all that stuff - and worked extensively with voiceover talent. These guys are an amazing parody.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BKinSJC wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am
Superbone wrote:
BKinSJC wrote:

Incidentally, I've always thought these two guys were an absolutely perfect encapsulation of what sportscasters doing an obscure event on ESPN8 "The Ocho" should be. I worked in video production a long time back with a little place in SoCal that did a ton of "extreme" sports events for ESPN, ESPN2 and various Fox Sports affiliates - surfing, skateboarding, jet skiing, snowboarding, all that stuff - and worked extensively with voiceover talent. These guys are an amazing parody.
Wish I could see what you're talking about!
"Be Legendary."

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:17 pm
BKinSJC wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am
Superbone wrote:
BKinSJC wrote:

Wish I could see what you're talking about!
Slightly NSFW / in questionable taste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLr0v9MyGgM

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks. I saw that movie when it was released but somehow that was blocked from my memory. I didn’t recall that broadcast team. I’ve got to say though that Fred Willard’s color commentary in Best in Show bests (I was going to use a word that starts with ‘t’ and ends with “rump” but I couldn’t bring myself to use it. It is now forever tarnished) this easily. RIP, Fred Willard.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:40 am
Thanks. I saw that movie when it was released but somehow that was blocked from my memory. I didn’t recall that broadcast team. I’ve got to say though that Fred Willard’s color commentary in Best in Show bests (I was going to use a word that starts with ‘t’ and ends with “rump” but I couldn’t bring myself to use it. It is now forever tarnished) this easily. RIP, Fred Willard.
Fred Willard was funny. RIP.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks for that laugh, Marty. I needed it.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

LOL, that's hilarious.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just heard that we’re getting a break on Monday. Bradley Beal is out due to Covid protocol.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 pm
Just heard that we’re getting a break on Monday. Bradley Beal is out due to Covid protocol.
The Suns need to take advantage of these situations because it's only a matter of time until they're they ones who will be without their best player(s) for a few games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Hopefully none of the other Wiz caught it and are spreading it. Don't need our guys catching anything.

Wasn't sure where to post this but it's certainly interesting regarding DA's numbers. He's been looking good defensively, but also playing with the starters whose numbers haven't been great. And our interior/team defense feels better with Saric out there even tho he's overmatched physically.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
I guess it’s because he talked with Tatum after the game...do they not consider playing against each other as close contact? Why is playing against someone who tested positive ok, but not talking to them afterwards?

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Superbone wrote:
Washington still hung tough against the heat despite this.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Westbrook always goes off for 45 points against us, so we still have to be careful.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:35 pm
Westbrook always goes off for 45 points against us, so we still have to be careful.
Obviously we can't have a let down like we did against Detroit.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Beal *is* available tomorrow all of a sudden.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:31 pm
Beal *is* available tomorrow all of a sudden.
Same with Jonas. Seems like the NBA is being ultra cautious with the contract tracing monitors and immediately ruling guys out until they test negative. I don't have an issue with that strategy.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.