2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:41 pm
none of this is inciting his supporters to do anything that day, right...

"you will never take back your country with weakness"
"we will never give up, we will never concede. you don't concede when there is theft involved"
"we're gonna have to fight much harder"
"you have to get your people to fight"
"you have to march" "I will be with you, I will be watching"
"this election was stolen from you, from me, from the country"
"we fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell, you're not gonna have a country anymore"
He told them to go peacefully. When people use "fight for your country" type of rhetoric, that doesn't mean violence. Come on. You're smarter than that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

he fucking congratulated them right after and told them they were special and he loved them. you are smarter than that.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:44 pm
Indy wrote:

"we will never give up, we will never concede. you don't concede when there is theft involved"
"we fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell, you're not gonna have a country anymore"
He told them to go peacefully. When people use "fight for your country" type of rhetoric, that doesn't mean violence. Come on. You're smarter than that.
Come on? What are you talking about?

They found bombs, some of them were wearing combat armor, and a guy killed himself with a taser. Sounds like they were ready to partake in some violence to me.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:54 pm
he fucking congratulated them right after and told them they were special and he loved them. you are smarter than that.
Ok, that was weird, because it didn't seem that he even knew that the Capitol breach happened. It looked like it was recorded previously. I just think you're reading into it something that isn't there but you want it to be there.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:23 pm
Indy wrote:
Ok, that was weird, because it didn't seem that he even knew that the Capitol breach happened. It looked like it was recorded previously. I just think you're reading into it something that isn't there but you want it to be there.
go read the reports of how people were begging him to say something AFTER the breach took place. I think you are ignoring the gravity of what he did because you don't want to believe that the guy you support was in favor of armed insurrection.

That fucker still hasn't said a word about his follower that was killed or the police officer that was beat to death.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:16 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:44 pm
Indy wrote:

Come on? What are you talking about?

They found bombs, some of them were wearing combat armor, and a guy killed himself with a taser. Sounds like they were ready to partake in some violence to me.
We definitely need to investigate that. That's nuts. Do you recall this happening ever in any of his many many rallies around the country? Did you see that Trump was behind bullet proof glass when he spoke? That hasn't happened before either. It's odd, the whole thing was sad.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
go read the reports of how people were begging him to say something AFTER the breach took place. I think you are ignoring the gravity of what he did because you don't want to believe that the guy you support was in favor of armed insurrection.

That fucker still hasn't said a word about his follower that was killed or the police officer that was beat to death.
The people there shouldn't have been armed at all. I have seen videos of Trump supporters try to take down the people that were trying to break the windows, some other videos of Trump supporters trying to hand pipes over to the police because they were concerned that someone was going to use them as weapons, and also Trump supporters picking up trash in the Capitol after a trash can was tipped over. It doesn't sound like they were enticed to hurt anyone.

The former Air Force woman, did you see the Capitol policeman that shot her? He was pointing the gun at her, his hands had latex gloves on and he was wearing a hoodie and mask so not to be able to see who he was at all. That was strange too. Also, a BLM leader was in there telling people to push their way in past the police. I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Some of it seemed staged, like when the police officer was by himself and "holding the crowd back" in the stairway, would run up the stairs, turn around and the crowd would stop, the cameraman was just staying ahead of him to keep him in view, then he would run up another flight of stairs, turn around and the crowd would stop again and only go when he started running up another flight of stairs. That was super odd. Or, how about some of the officers trying to get the crowd to "go this way, come this way to the Capitol".

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:36 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

The people there shouldn't have been armed at all. I have seen videos of Trump supporters try to take down the people that were trying to break the windows, some other videos of Trump supporters trying to hand pipes over to the police because they were concerned that someone was going to use them as weapons, and also Trump supporters picking up trash in the Capitol after a trash can was tipped over. It doesn't sound like they were enticed to hurt anyone.

The former Air Force woman, did you see the Capitol policeman that shot her? He was pointing the gun at her, his hands had latex gloves on and he was wearing a hoodie and mask so not to be able to see who he was at all. That was strange too. Also, a BLM leader was in there telling people to push their way in past the police. I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Some of it seemed staged, like when the police officer was by himself and "holding the crowd back" in the stairway, would run up the stairs, turn around and the crowd would stop, the cameraman was just staying ahead of him to keep him in view, then he would run up another flight of stairs, turn around and the crowd would stop again and only go when he started running up another flight of stairs. That was super odd. Or, how about some of the officers trying to get the crowd to "go this way, come this way to the Capitol".
When it comes to this, I think you are unhinged from reality.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

LOL, gee thanks. Stay classy, Indy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:42 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 pm
I see some guy I don’t know saying stuff at a table at a bar to some girl while being secretly video taped. He wasn’t officially proposing any of that on TV or to a group. Equating that to our President intentionally inciting a riot and coup on our nations Capital is a MASSIVE stretch.

Yes I think part of what he said was over the top. A lot of what he said was true. Young kids see Trumps actions as what a President should say and do and that is scary. Nobody knows who this guy is. Trump is a danger to our society. Go ahead and impeach this guy. I’m ok with that.
I was speaking of violence that this guy believed. Throwing Moltov cocktails into the White House, rounding up Republicans, taking their children away and putting them into reeducation camps. Then she asked him if everyone at PBS thinks this way, and he said yeah, they are all progressive.

I listened to the speech, read the transcript and I'm having a hard time figuring out in it where he told them to break into the Capitol and violently attack people in any way. Has he ever called for violence in any speech he's made? Maybe you can provide that. Feels like the media is trying to gaslight the country. I think this impeachment proceeding is a MASSIVE stretch, and honestly, it seems like unnecessary panic. You could even interpret Pelosi's asking the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the nuclear codes as inciting sedition and treason.

I am totally against violence, riots, or any type of terrorism, and immediately condemned any of the people that broke into the Capitol illegally. I even said that they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I don't care what side of any political view you have.
yes, people that support this maniac don't see what the big deal is. But asking people to fight to take back a stolen election, and telling them to march to the capitol, and having other speakers at your rally say things like we need a trial by combat, and that if you don't fight we will show up in your backyard and have fun doing it... but you see nothing that is inciting in those words...
Trump never said that.
Giuliani said we need a trial by combat at that rally warming up for Trump.

Don Jr. said if you don’t fight, we will show up in your backyard and have fun doing it at that rally warming up for Trump.

Trump knew exactly what was going on. He was in front of an array of televisions that were turned to all the news stations covering the events. They were all partying like it was 1999. I’m sure you have seen the video. He saw the events unfold with the rest of us. He said he would be with his supporters at the Capital and sent them off while he partied and threatened law makers on the phone hoping they were being intimidated by the mob.

The NYT is reporting that there are about 20 Republicans in the Senate who are open to a conviction. Just after that Mitch McConnell has said he will gladly vote for impeachment. Trump has finally found out how far going too far is after four years.
Last edited by Nodack on Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

that is the classiest way I could say it. What you are saying is full of lies, and repeating lies about what actually happened is what brought us to this low point in American history. It is unamerican.

The officer wasn't wearing a hoodie. He was wearing a business suit. yeah he had a mask on, because that is what sane humans do when inside near others.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... m-the-gop/
Sen. Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Donald Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking.

They are also talking about the 14th Amendment. They could blow off the 25th Amendment and blow off Impeachment and just ban him from holding public office ever again with the 14th. I would be in favor of that. No trial in both houses, just ban and be done. Well not done, there are going to be a slew of indictments by states as soon as he leaves office.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:41 pm
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... m-the-gop/
Sen. Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Donald Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking.

They are also talking about the 14th Amendment. They could blow off the 25th Amendment and blow off Impeachment and just ban him from holding public office ever again with the 14th. I would be in favor of that. No trial in both houses, just ban and be done. Well not done, there are going to be a slew of indictments by states as soon as he leaves office.
And add the other members of the house and senate to that list.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

that is the classiest way I could say it. What you are saying is full of lies, and repeating lies about what actually happened is what brought us to this low point in American history. It is unamerican.

The officer wasn't wearing a hoodie. He was wearing a business suit. yeah he had a mask on, because that is what sane humans do when inside near others.
You can call me whatever you want, but don't call me a liar. I'll try to find the videos of everything I saw. I did not lie about a single thing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Anybody who won't denounce Trump after he literally incites a violent mob to attack and invade our capitol and threaten the lives of all of Congress can't be reached. Their brains have become mashed potatoes. Use the mute button and move on. Trump will be gone soon enough.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

It is almost over. In2, time to break free of the cult's hold on you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My grandma went to her grave saying that Nixon was a great President who got screwed by the evil lying Democrats. So, too, will it be for Trump among Trumpers. But notably nobody defends Nixon now. No schoolchildren or 20somethings talk about what a great guy/potus he was. We just have to make sure that Trump is properly remembered by history as a monster, the worst leader in our nation's history.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:08 am
My grandma went to her grave saying that Nixon was a great President who got screwed by the evil lying Democrats. So, too, will it be for Trump among Trumpers. But notably nobody defends Nixon now. No schoolchildren or 20somethings talk about what a great guy/potus he was. We just have to make sure that Trump is properly remembered by history as a monster, the worst leader in our nation's history.
The videos of his mob defiling the Capitol will be the remembrance.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:04 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You can call me whatever you want, but don't call me a liar. I'll try to find the videos of everything I saw. I did not lie about a single thing.
there are two lies right there.