Suns News: Week 4 1/11-1/117

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 4 1/11-1/117

Post by Mori Chu »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 am
Gambo says he has spoken to the team and no Suns players have COVID.
That's good to hear, but it might not show up on a test yet. Part of the protocol is to wait a few more days and test them again to see if any positive results show up. I hope there won't be any, but we shouldn't assume anything based on a test done today.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Now they have to sit and think about the Wiz game for a whole week. Punishment somehow still seems too light to me.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:39 pm
Now they have to sit and think about the Wiz game for a whole week. Punishment somehow still seems too light to me.
Yep, sit and stew. Unfortunately, so do we.
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

After listening to Burns & Gambo today, I’m pretty sure they read what we are saying. During the Wizards game many of were calling DA to be benched. Today they had a whole segment about why Ayton should not be benched.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sounds like Friday’s game is being postponed as well

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Gambo is a huge Suns apologist. For an honest Suns take free of Robert Sarver influence I prefer Bickley

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:29 pm
Sounds like Friday’s game is being postponed as well
ARRRGGGGGG!!! I need some Suns basketball in my life right now!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:30 pm
Gambo is a huge Suns apologist. For an honest Suns take free of Robert Sarver influence I prefer Bickley
agreed. someone was feeding him positive ayton stats yesterday to repeat.

carey

Post by carey »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:54 pm
After listening to Burns & Gambo today, I’m pretty sure they read what we are saying. During the Wizards game many of were calling DA to be benched. Today they had a whole segment about why Ayton should not be benched.
The reason he can’t is because we don’t have a decent center to start in his place. But he should be benched whenever his tank starts out on E which is way too often.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:30 pm
He plays footsie with Robert Sarver. How else do you think he gets his "insider" news? That's why any insider news that comes from the Suns that Gambo spouts out I believe.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 am
Gambo says he has spoken to the team and no Suns players have COVID.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

Common question
How long after exposure do you develop symptoms for COVID-19?

Typically, a person develops symptoms 5 days after being infected, but symptoms can appear as early as 2 days after infection or as late as 14 days after infection, and the time range can vary.

The game was Monday. This is Wednesday.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

See you guys next week. :cry:

Who am I kidding. I'm glad to have you folks around to commiserate with.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Listening to the BS Podcast from Tuesday, both Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo picked the Suns as their team to lose to the Lakers in the WCF. Both think it should be the Clippers, but don’t feel good about it. Both went Suns. Of course they spent a minute talking about how they’d be locks for the WCF if they drafted Haliburton 🤦🏻.

I don’t think this will turn out to be as big of a miss as taking Ayton over Luka, but I think it was more of a head scratcher. I thought James Jones might have picked Haliburton 1st overall if he had that pick, that’s how much of James Jones guy and how much of a .5 guy he is for Monty’s offense. I’ll never understand it. I just hope Jalen proves to be a difference maker.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I listened to that podcast as well and wondered why they didn't talk about he Suns issues at all. They said nothing about the lack of front court depth and just assume the starters will figure it out, I guess.

The Suns will be a playoff team, but to put them ahead of other teams in their group like Portland, Denver and Utah, who have playoff experience, feels very hot-takey.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:11 pm
Listening to the BS Podcast from Tuesday, both Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo picked the Suns as their team to lose to the Lakers in the WCF. Both think it should be the Clippers, but don’t feel good about it. Both went Suns. Of course they spent a minute talking about how they’d be locks for the WCF if they drafted Haliburton 🤦🏻.

I don’t think this will turn out to be as big of a miss as taking Ayton over Luka, but I think it was more of a head scratcher. I thought James Jones might have picked Haliburton 1st overall if he had that pick, that’s how much of James Jones guy and how much of a .5 guy he is for Monty’s offense. I’ll never understand it. I just hope Jalen proves to be a difference maker.
He's going to have to be our new starting center!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Well that was a nice undefeated homestand.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:17 pm
I listened to that podcast as well and wondered why they didn't talk about he Suns issues at all. They said nothing about the lack of front court depth and just assume the starters will figure it out, I guess.

The Suns will be a playoff team, but to put them ahead of other teams in their group like Portland, Denver and Utah, who have playoff experience, feels very hot-takey.
Ya, especially since the podcast came after the Washington game...I mean I didn’t expect them to watch that game, but check the box score at least.

They mentioned Paul’s struggles shooting and Ayton’s lack of being able to catch Paul’s passes, but seems like they think those things will be figured out. We do create good looks on offense, though a little 3-point heavy at the moment. We need the CP3 midrange game and CP3/Ayton pick and roll to start producing for the times we go cold from 3.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Ya, especially since the podcast came after the Washington game...I mean I didn’t expect them to watch that game, but check the box score at least.

They mentioned Paul’s struggles shooting and Ayton’s lack of being able to catch Paul’s passes, but seems like they think those things will be figured out. We do create good looks on offense, though a little 3-point heavy at the moment. We need the CP3 midrange game and CP3/Ayton pick and roll to start producing for the times we go cold from 3.
I think Simmons and Russillo tend to put too much weight into the "beautiful" parts of basketball. Passing, teamwork, body language; those things are important, but the 8-pass possession ending in a good shot isn't always as good as the 1 or 2-pass possession that ends in a layup. The Suns lack that balance, and in my opinion, it's because the guy who should be finishing the 2-pass possessions isn't doing his part.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:43 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I think Simmons and Russillo tend to put too much weight into the "beautiful" parts of basketball. Passing, teamwork, body language; those things are important, but the 8-pass possession ending in a good shot isn't always as good as the 1 or 2-pass possession that ends in a layup. The Suns lack that balance, and in my opinion, it's because the guy who should be finishing the 2-pass possessions isn't doing his part.
I think there are 3 of those guys that aren't doing their part. Book isn't himself. Paul passes up open shots. And DA can't catch a pass, or when he does, he dribbles away from the basket.