2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

If you haven't already, go watch the Instagram Live video of AOC describing her day on Wed 1/6. It's chilling. She had direct threats against her, and it caused her to worry that Capitol Police weren't even going to protect her and in fact might intentionally put her in harm's way. She was minutes away from being captured and then possibly hurt or killed. She specifically was a target for many of these people; if they had gotten their hands on her, she would likely be dead. It sounds like a highly traumatizing event.

And we're now learning that some GOP staffers and/or congressmen were speaking directly to the rioters, broadcasting information about the location of Nancy Pelosi and/or others, that the rioters had direct phone numbers of GOP senators to call, that some capitol police opened doors or barriers to let rioters in, and more. And those same GOP congressmen are now angrily refusing to go through metal detectors as they enter the capitol building. The scariest thing about all of this is that there may be an "inside job" element to it of congressmen and/or their staff and/or police who are encouraging and assisting these domestic terrorists.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:04 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:02 pm

When it comes to this, I think you are unhinged from reality.
LOL, gee thanks. Stay classy, Indy.
that is the classiest way I could say it. What you are saying is full of lies, and repeating lies about what actually happened is what brought us to this low point in American history. It is unamerican.

The officer wasn't wearing a hoodie. He was wearing a business suit. yeah he had a mask on, because that is what sane humans do when inside near others.
You can call me whatever you want, but don't call me a liar. I'll try to find the videos of everything I saw. I did not lie about a single thing.
there are two lies right there.
What are you talking about Indy?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:12 pm
If you haven't already, go watch the Instagram Live video of AOC describing her day on Wed 1/6. It's chilling. She had direct threats against her, and it caused her to worry that Capitol Police weren't even going to protect her and in fact might intentionally put her in harm's way. She was minutes away from being captured and then possibly hurt or killed. She specifically was a target for many of these people; if they had gotten their hands on her, she would likely be dead. It sounds like a highly traumatizing event.

And we're now learning that some GOP staffers and/or congressmen were speaking directly to the rioters, broadcasting information about the location of Nancy Pelosi and/or others, that the rioters had direct phone numbers of GOP senators to call, that some capitol police opened doors or barriers to let rioters in, and more. And those same GOP congressmen are now angrily refusing to go through metal detectors as they enter the capitol building. The scariest thing about all of this is that there may be an "inside job" element to it of congressmen and/or their staff and/or police who are encouraging and assisting these domestic terrorists.
But Mori, none of this was Trumps fault. He doesn't incite violence. He didn't say "go to the Capitol and take it over!". He's a peaceful and great guy. This was mostly the work of Antifa and BLM folks trying to paint Trump and the GOP in a negative light.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Three credible terrorist events planned for inauguration!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:36 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:26 pm

go read the reports of how people were begging him to say something AFTER the breach took place. I think you are ignoring the gravity of what he did because you don't want to believe that the guy you support was in favor of armed insurrection.

That fucker still hasn't said a word about his follower that was killed or the police officer that was beat to death.
The people there shouldn't have been armed at all. I have seen videos of Trump supporters try to take down the people that were trying to break the windows, some other videos of Trump supporters trying to hand pipes over to the police because they were concerned that someone was going to use them as weapons, and also Trump supporters picking up trash in the Capitol after a trash can was tipped over. It doesn't sound like they were enticed to hurt anyone.

The former Air Force woman, did you see the Capitol policeman that shot her? He was pointing the gun at her, his hands had latex gloves on and he was wearing a hoodie and mask so not to be able to see who he was at all. That was strange too. Also, a BLM leader was in there telling people to push their way in past the police. I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Some of it seemed staged, like when the police officer was by himself and "holding the crowd back" in the stairway, would run up the stairs, turn around and the crowd would stop, the cameraman was just staying ahead of him to keep him in view, then he would run up another flight of stairs, turn around and the crowd would stop again and only go when he started running up another flight of stairs. That was super odd. Or, how about some of the officers trying to get the crowd to "go this way, come this way to the Capitol".
When it comes to this, I think you are unhinged from reality.
LOL, gee thanks. Stay classy, Indy.
that is the classiest way I could say it. What you are saying is full of lies, and repeating lies about what actually happened is what brought us to this low point in American history. It is unamerican.

The officer wasn't wearing a hoodie. He was wearing a business suit. yeah he had a mask on, because that is what sane humans do when inside near others.
Trump supporter pulls antifa down

Police direct Trump supporters

Policman with cameraman lead protestors up stairs, seems staged

Trump supporters handing pipes to police to prevent nut jobs from getting them.

I was wrong about the hoodie on the Secret Service agent that shot and killed the Trump supporters. When I saw it at first, it looked like he was wearing a hooding over his head, but he was not. I didn't intentionally lie or try to deceive anyone. He does look like he was wearing latex gloves though.

https://thedcpatriot.com/secret-chat-re ... t-capitol/
https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-01-13- ... -flag.html
John Sullivan made a video and talked about how this was planned, while he was under the dome of the Capitol. He was bragging to his gf(idk) about how he told her. I've seen the videos, but I don't think they are available at the moment.

I can't seem to find the video of the Trump supporters picking up trash, but it's not because it didn't/doesn't exist or that I'm lying about it. They seem to have been taken down.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Trump Thought He Could Convince Pence To Overthrow The Election By Calling Him A Pussy
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01 ... ump-attack

TRUMP THOUGHT HE COULD CONVINCE PENCE TO OVERTHROW THE ELECTION BY CALLING HIM A PUSSY
As a reminder, Pence is the guy who calls his wife “mother” and refuses to eat alone in a room with a woman he’s not married to.

Something that‘s been pretty well established over the last four years is that Donald Trump is not a smart man. Oh sure, he likes to claim otherwise—“my two greatest assets [are] mental stability and being, like, really smart,” is a thing he once said, in addition to challenging one of his own Cabinet members to an IQ test—but of course he is not. There are obviously many examples of the president’s tiny brain, including the time he gave a speech claiming the sound windmills emit causes cancer, his suggestion to stop a hurricane by dropping a nuclear bomb on it, and his attempt to buy another country. Now, we have a new data point re: him not being very bright.

According to a report from The New York Times, in the days leading up to last Wednesday, Trump spent a series of meetings “relentlessly” pressuring Mike Pence to overturn the results of the election, “alternately cajoling and browbeating him.” Just before Pence headed to the Capitol to certify Joe Biden’s victory, the president called the V.P.’s residence in a last-ditch effort to get him to stop the Electoral College count. In that conversation, according to two people briefed on it, Trump told Pence: “You can either go down in history as a patriot, or you can go down in history as a pussy.”

Now, when Trump was just another crooked real estate developer dealing with other wannabe gangsters, this kind of tactic might have worked. But as New York points out, “This is Mike Pence,” i.e. the evangelical, born-again Christian who won’t eat alone with a woman who is not his spouse—who he calls “mother”— and, per Politico, responded to the Access Hollywood tape by “cutting himself off from the outside world, praying with his wife about what to do next and telling his advisers that he wasn’t sure he could continue with the campaign.” The pussy line, as New York writes, was never going to work. And, of course, it didn’t work, with Pence choosing to stick with the Constitution instead of his boss, for whom the Constitution is “like a foreign language.” (Not everyone wanted to throw a parade in Pence’s honor for refusing Trump’s demands; “I’m glad he didn’t break the law, but it’s kind of hard to call somebody courageous for choosing not to help overthrow our democratic system of government,” Representative Tom Malinowski told the Times.)

But if invoking the “p” word upset Pence, it probably was less offensive to the V.P. than the president’s decision to unleash an angry mob on the Capitol that wanted to kill him. Per Politico:

After four-and-a-half years of unbending loyalty, Vice President Mike Pence is ready to move on from Donald Trump. All it took was the president inciting a riot that, quite literally, put Pence’s life in danger.

“Pence is done with Trump’s bulls--t,” said a former Pence adviser. “He’s not going to give a prime time speech saying, ‘F you Donald Trump,’ but in his own way he is going to just get to the finish line and keep his head down.”

While Trump traveled to the Southwestern border on Tuesday as part of an effort to shift the conversation away from last week’s deadly rampage, Pence’s team scaled back a similar farewell tour that would have dispatched the vice president to several events this week to tout the administration’s accomplishments…. In a sign of Pence’s eagerness to go his separate way, he plans to attend Biden’s inauguration on January 20 apart from Trump, who has vowed to skip his successor’s swearing-in and is expected to depart for his West Palm Beach estate prior to then.

Of course, like a politician who supported the president, and his worst instincts, up until the very last second, Pence hasn’t completely turned on Trump, whose base he would presumably like to tap for a potential 2024 run. On Tuesday, Pence sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refusing to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove Trump from office, writing: “I do not believe that such a course of action is in the best interest of our nation or consistent with our Constitution,” adding “I urge you and every member of Congress to avoid actions that would further divide and inflame the passions of the moment.”

Also on Tuesday, Trump refused to take responsibility for inciting the mob that attacked the Capitol chanting “hang Mike Pence,” instead claiming his speech prior to the siege was “totally appropriate.”
That's your POTUS, In2ition. Hell of a guy.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Trump Thought He Could Convince Pence To Overthrow The Election By Calling Him A Pussy

I can't confirm nor debunk this article. If true, that's very disappointing, but you know in a week it will be all over, so we will move on AIG. It will be ok, we'll all turn the page.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:13 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:50 pm

I can't confirm nor debunk this article. If true, that's very disappointing, but you know in a week it will be all over, so we will move on AIG. It will be ok, we'll all turn the page.
Thank god. Unfortunately, not everybody will though. The ignorant among us are here to stay I'm afraid.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

you don't turn the page on traitors and insurrectionists. that is what leads to the overthrow of governments. you need to have swift consequences by using the current statutes to punish to the fullest extent of the law.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

If we are lucky, we will end up back where we were in the 1990s -- with these violent and armed kooks under siege by the FBI.

In2ition, you can't simply move beyond insurrection or in this case, actual treason. We did that last year and look at what has happened. You have to cut out the cancer before it metastasizes further.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

BTW not sure if it was covered here already but Paul Gosar and Andy Biggs were allegedly being the insurrectionists' forward observers and recon scouts. Go Arizona!

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

This article from The NY Times is now a couple of days old, but I think it's the best thing overall that I've read regarding the events at the Capitol, and the attitudes and actions of the incumbents that led us to where we are. Good historical perspective, as well, as it was written by a scholar who has focused on political history in particular. It's long-ish, but I think it's very well worth the 15-20 minutes that it takes to read through.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/maga ... -coup.html

(Note - I think the Times usually has a paywall, but this article doesn't seem to require a subscription.)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Guys, I know there was a violent armed coup attempt directly instigated by the President. But to hold anyone to any consequences whatsoever would just cause divisiveness. Let's just move on!! Also, what about (unrelated bad Dems thing)??

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I heard that defense all day in the impeachment hearings. Lying to your people and claiming half the planet conspired to steal the election from you when you know it to be false is evil. It was Trump and Republicans trying to steal the election. They said the Dems, Media, FBI, DOJ, Postal Service, Governors, Secretary of State’s, voting machines the entire court system from the local courts all the way to the Supreme Court, Venezuela, poll workers, vote counters and god knows who else conspired to steal the election from Trump and that he got many millions more votes than Biden over and over.

They didn’t think THAT was divisive?

Calling Governors and Secretary of State’s trying to intimidate them into “finding” more votes isn’t divisive?

Extorting the Ukraine into announcing an investigation into the Biden’s to neutralize your Democratic opponent isn’t divisive?

Pretty much anything Trump did for the past four years was meant to be divisive and not one Republican said a word. Now we hear them all saying we can’t impeach Trump because it might be looked at as divisive and cause Magabillies to go on a violent rampage and we don’t want that do we?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's why there's no talking to or reasoning with them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Seems like many of you made up your mind before getting all the evidence. That seems like a mistake.

https://www.oann.com/michael-yon-antifa ... e-capitol/

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

This is why we're going to have a substantial terrorist campaign in the US if we're lucky -- and a full-blown civil war if we're unlucky. All of this Trumpist nonsense is coming from a good place. But if the public's ability to distinguish fact from fiction from big lie is this eroded -- all we're going to end up with is to have wannabe do-gooders murdering US Congressmen in cold blood.

This is how civil wars start.

I think we'll be lucky, though. If we're really lucky we will see these folks being treated like Timothy McVeigh or the Branch Davidians back in the 1990s.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:14 am
Seems like many of you made up your mind before getting all the evidence. That seems like a mistake.

https://www.oann.com/michael-yon-antifa ... e-capitol/

So 20 Tweets about John Sullivan, one guy. And another Tweet about a registered Democrat that attended. I mean, he's a registered Democrat which means there's NO WAY he could be pro Trump (for the record, both of my parents are lifelong registered Democrats that voted Trump both times).

Both dudes should face full prosecution and charges like anyone else that was a part of what went down. I think it's beyond a far reach though to imply that most of or even a fair number of people that were a part of this were "leftists" or BLM. You should stop trying to pawn off what happened as being non Trump supporter related or the fault of Trump at all. I don't get it. Does having a registered Democrat here and a BLM guy there somehow wash away any blame pointed at Trump and pro Trump folks that were there in huge numbers? I don't understand where you're going with any of this. Why is it so fucking hard to realize bad shit happened and a ton of folks that are pro Trump were involved and Trump played a part as well? Is it impossible for you to comprehend that?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 am
So 20 Tweets about John Sullivan, one guy. And another Tweet about a registered Democrat that attended. I mean, he's a registered Democrat which means there's NO WAY he could be pro Trump (for the record, both of my parents are lifelong registered Democrats that voted Trump both times).
It wasn't all about John Sullivan. I'm only posting things that show there are many more layers to this than what many are trying to push down our throats. The interviews with Michael Yon and the Japanese reporter, who have both been to multiple riots and instigated protests, attest to tactics that were used that are indicative of agent provocateur's and infiltrators.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/video-ant ... 51398.html

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 am

Both dudes should face full prosecution and charges like anyone else that was a part of what went down. I think it's beyond a far reach though to imply that most of or even a fair number of people that were a part of this were "leftists" or BLM. You should stop trying to pawn off what happened as being non Trump supporter related or the fault of Trump at all. I don't get it. Does having a registered Democrat here and a BLM guy there somehow wash away any blame pointed at Trump and pro Trump folks that were there in huge numbers? I don't understand where you're going with any of this. Why is it so fucking hard to realize bad shit happened and a ton of folks that are pro Trump were involved and Trump played a part as well? Is it impossible for you to comprehend that?
Here's the thing, the timeline doesn't even match up. They were already attacking the Capitol way before Trump was even finished with his speech. How does that work? How did that incite anyone? Evidence even by CBS and CNN is showing that this was a preplanned attack, so it wasn't incited by Trump's speech. That's why it doesn't make sense and feels like a false flag event. I'm not saying that there were no dumb @$$ Trump supporters who weren't egged on and wrapped up in going in, there is no denying that Trump supporters were in there. That's a silly argument, of course there were. And I agree that the ones who committed a crime need to come to justice. I'm just saying, chill...relax...look at all the evidence and all the tiny details involved...then come to a conclusion.

How many people wanted to string up that Covington kid before all the evidence came out? Looked like the media immediately was trying to purposely frame him as some evil MFer.