2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:16 pm
They have cancelled having any public at Biden’s inauguration because of the threat from Trump supporters.
Yeah, going to have to respectfully, but strongly disagree with this assessment.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:16 pm
They have cancelled having any public at Biden’s inauguration because of the threat from Trump supporters.
And that’s a real shame.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The just read up on it a little. They cancelled rehearsal. Not the real thing as far as I know. There was a bogus report of the inauguration being cancelled. They did cancel the rehearsal because of security concerns. They didn’t specify who they were concerned about in the article.

FBI Warns Of Inauguration Day Unrest In All 50 States

Threatened with more violence from outgoing President Donald Trump’s supporters following last Wednesday’s storming of the U.S. Capitol, the FBI issued warnings for next weekend that run at least until Inauguration Day, the source said.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

ETA to the end of The Orange One's defiling of the US by way of the office of the presidency: 3 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 0 seconds from time of this post.

The sooner he's gone and the sooner he dies as he's lived, full of hamberders, shit, and rage, the better.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:15 am
ETA to the end of The Orange One's defiling of the US by way of the office of the presidency: 3 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 0 seconds from time of this post.

The sooner he's gone and the sooner he dies as he's lived, full of hamberders, shit, and rage, the better.
And he's asking for a military send off. LOL! What a maroon!
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:58 am
AmareIsGod wrote:

I’m sure the military is grateful for the opportunity to tell him to get lost.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:02 pm
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

judging by some of the folks arrested for breaking into the Capitol, maybe not.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:28 pm
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

There are 30K armed troops there now. This is nuts. They have 10x the number of troops in DC than they have in Afghanistan now. DC is now locked down like War is coming. Air fighter wing and 50 striker vehicles in DC? Everything is totally locked down and razor wire is on top of some of the fences? This is a little concerning.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:06 pm
Indy wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:28 pm
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

There are 30K armed troops there now. This is nuts. They have 10x the number of troops in DC than they have in Afghanistan now. DC is now locked down like War is coming. Air fighter wing and 50 striker vehicles in DC? Everything is totally locked down and razor wire is on top of some of the fences? This is a little concerning.
You had the madness that already happened at the Capitol for a much more modest event and a speech by Trump. Can you imagine the thousands upon thousands of crazies that have been planning for sometime all over the internet through various means for the inauguration? I'm sure their intel indicates a massive turnout of insanity for the die hard Trumpers that are willing to give their lives for the cause.

They arrested a guy earlier today near the Capitol with an unauthorized inauguration pass and 500 rounds of ammo.

I can assure you someone is going to blow some stuff up and there will be assault rifles firing rounds at people. It's not going to be pretty and we'll see casualties at not only the Capitol, but other cities around the country.

Thanks Donald Trump for failing to put out the flames and instead fueling them for your diehards about this being a fraud over and over again since the election. I'm terrified for what's going to happen on inauguration day.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They just caught some guy from Virginia trying to sneak into DC with 500+ rounds of ammo, guns, and a fake ID making it look like he was invited to the inauguration.

Man, I am really worried that a Trumper is going to assassinate Biden, Kamala, Pelosi, AOC, Ilhan Omar, or some other prominent Democrat soon. It just feels like it is heading in that direction. I'm worried for their safety.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:08 pm
They just caught some guy from Virginia trying to sneak into DC with 500+ rounds of ammo, guns, and a fake ID making it look like he was invited to the inauguration.

Man, I am really worried that a Trumper is going to assassinate Biden, Kamala, Pelosi, AOC, Ilhan Omar, or some other prominent Democrat soon. It just feels like it is heading in that direction. I'm worried for their safety.
I am extremely worried about what's going to go down. Now that this is the reality, that Biden will be sworn in, Trump folks are going to be out for blood.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

All media on the right is saying don't go to the Capitol, don't go to your state Capitol, as it looks like there is a false flag setup coming for anyone that goes, calling for no violence or anything dumb. I don't think anyone is going to go at all. If there is, they will be very small amount, but why would they go with 30K troops and everything else? That makes zero sense. Maybe you guys don't quite understand how many that is?

This is more than enough to keep them safe. This is overkill to the Nth degree.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think that’s the whole idea. They didn’t try to make it fair. They are meeting force with overwhelming force.

Force concentration is the practice of concentrating a military force so as to bring to bear such overwhelming force against a portion of an enemy force that the disparity between the two forces alone acts as a force multiplier in favour of the concentrated forces.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:22 pm
I think that’s the whole idea. They didn’t try to make it fair. They are meeting force with overwhelming force.

Force concentration is the practice of concentrating a military force so as to bring to bear such overwhelming force against a portion of an enemy force that the disparity between the two forces alone acts as a force multiplier in favour of the concentrated forces.
Why would you need air support? Who the f has an air force that's going to attack DC? I know some militias might have some moderate fire power, but give me a break.

On a separate not, do you often spell favor as favour?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's not an accident, In2. It's all based on the chatter intel.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:59 pm
All media on the right is saying don't go to the Capitol, don't go to your state Capitol, as it looks like there is a false flag setup coming for anyone that goes, calling for no violence or anything dumb. I don't think anyone is going to go at all. If there is, they will be very small amount, but why would they go with 30K troops and everything else? That makes zero sense. Maybe you guys don't quite understand how many that is?

This is more than enough to keep them safe. This is overkill to the Nth degree.
And it's all because Donald FUCKING Trump wouldn't shut the fuck up about his baseless voter fraud every fucking minute on Twitter getting his nutcase base into a violence filled frenzy.

None of this conversation would be happening and none of these fears would exist if he would have just accepted defeat like every President before him. He's an egotistic narcissist that can't stand the prospect of losing anything. He started this frenzy fighting the election and the results well before the ballots were even cast and continued non-stop. Getting every case by his own appointed judges thrown out.

Fuck Donald Trump. Not just, by far, the worst President of the United States. One of the worst people, period.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:30 pm
Nodack wrote:

Why would you need air support? Who the f has an air force that's going to attack DC? I know some militias might have some moderate fire power, but give me a break.

You know that air support does not have to mean you are engaging enemy targets in the air. It means you have air support. So if you have to move troops quickly, you put them on a helicopter and move them around. Or if you need to keep an eye on things, you have drones flying over head to get live feeds.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

Didn’t spell it. I copied it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_concentration

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:

Do you often spell note as not? ;)