Trump suspended from Twitter

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Indy »

BKinSJC wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:18 pm
Ben Sasse would be one guy who fits that profile, the (junior) Senator from Nebraska. Close to 50 but not quite there (would be around 52 if he were to run in 2024), traditional Republican when it comes to his stances on most issues, but has distanced himself from Trump and especially been outspokenly critical of "steal" rhetoric and the attempt to block electoral college votes and the attack on the Capitol. Has also stated that he will probably vote to convict with regards to the second impeachment, although he didn't do so on the first.

Looking at older guys, Romney is the most obviously split from the Trumpers. But he'd be 78 by the next election cycle; can you imagine a guy that old wanting to be President? (yes, slight sarcasm implied here.)
That is a good example. The party is going to be hurting if the notable names are ones that supported sedition and Qanon vs people like Sasse and Romney.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump Has Discussed Starting a New Political Party
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/trump- ... 5fMzg1Bkbs

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Shep Smith breaks his silence about why he left Fox News
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/media/sh ... index.html
"Opine all you like, but if you're going to opine, begin with the truth and opine from there," Smith said. "When people begin with a false premise and lead people astray, that's injurious to society and it's the antithesis of what we should be doing: Those of us who are so honored and grateful to have a platform of public influence have to use it for the public good."

Smith, who joined Fox News at its inception in 1996, said he was proud of the work he did at the network, hosting a daytime news show that was increasingly at odds with what was being aired on Fox's opinion shows. Smith felt that by sticking with Fox News, he could counteract falsehoods spread by Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and other prime-time hosts.
"I thought it was important that I stay there," he said. "If you feel like the Fox viewers were getting mis- or disinformation, I was there to make sure that they got it straight," he said.
Smith thought depriving viewers of news and replacing it with opinions "felt a little selfish," he added.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:52 am
Trump Has Discussed Starting a New Political Party
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/trump- ... 5fMzg1Bkbs
Bless his little heart. (And I do mean little.)
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:54 am
Shep Smith breaks his silence about why he left Fox News
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/media/sh ... index.html
"Opine all you like, but if you're going to opine, begin with the truth and opine from there," Smith said. "When people begin with a false premise and lead people astray, that's injurious to society and it's the antithesis of what we should be doing: Those of us who are so honored and grateful to have a platform of public influence have to use it for the public good."

Smith, who joined Fox News at its inception in 1996, said he was proud of the work he did at the network, hosting a daytime news show that was increasingly at odds with what was being aired on Fox's opinion shows. Smith felt that by sticking with Fox News, he could counteract falsehoods spread by Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham and other prime-time hosts.
"I thought it was important that I stay there," he said. "If you feel like the Fox viewers were getting mis- or disinformation, I was there to make sure that they got it straight," he said.
Smith thought depriving viewers of news and replacing it with opinions "felt a little selfish," he added.
Bless his heart.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Talk about a Freudian slip! We know where his mind was.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I can't blame him. JLo has some pipes.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think he's perfectly happy with the love of his life.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:48 pm
Sounds like you have some inside info.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 pm
In2ition wrote:
Nope, just what I read. https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/30/w ... s-partner/
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 pm
In2ition wrote:
Nope, just what I read. https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/30/w ... s-partner/
Heh. Since I know nothing about him, you know more than me. I did see him on Conan where he talked about his new show on another network. But other than that, I would maybe recognize his name but that's about it.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Jack is such a great dude.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Pretty sure nobody has ever described him that way. Most reports on him are pretty scathing about his lack of concern over what is on his site.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:57 pm
Pretty sure nobody has ever described him that way. Most reports on him are pretty scathing about his lack of concern over what is on his site.
Pretty sure I was being sarcastic. Should I have put it in green font? You're right though. He's a complete POS.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:06 pm
Indy wrote:
Pretty sure I was being sarcastic. Should I have put it in green font? You're right though. He's a complete POS.
Always!

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Always!
Indy, if you ended up using the green font on the regular, what percentage of your overall posts do you think would be affected?😇

Indy

Post by Indy »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:39 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Always!
Indy, if you ended up using the green font on the regular, what percentage of your overall posts do you think would be affected?😇
Depends which section we are in. ;)