Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Video Games

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:57 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:40 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:26 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:42 pm
OK, my Quest 2 is scheduled to be delivered late next week (you SOB).
Wait, what?! Where did you order it from? Mine isn't scheduled until early Feb and I ordered before you.

ETA: Just went and looked and they upgraded it to Jan. 25. Still... Maybe because I went with the 256 GB.
Any news Bone?
I get it tomorrow! Can't wait!

Also, I was finally able to order the elite strap with battery. Not scheduled to get it until mid march!
Your shipping delays are crazy. My girlfriend decided to order a headset of her own last week and the estimated delivery was the same for both storage versions when she ordered. Her headset will arrive in less than a week from the order date, just as mine did. The only thing I can think of is that her and I are much closer to the manufacturing centers, but it shouldn't take an extra 2-3 weeks just to ship it across the Pacific.

OTOH, I ordered a facemask insert from VRcover, which I believe is based out of Europe, and it'll likely take close to 4 weeks for me to receive.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:20 pm
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:42 pm
OK, my Quest 2 is scheduled to be delivered late next week (you SOB).
Wait, what?! Where did you order it from? Mine isn't scheduled until early Feb and I ordered before you.

ETA: Just went and looked and they upgraded it to Jan. 25. Still... Maybe because I went with the 256 GB.
Any news Bone?

Also, I was finally able to order the elite strap with battery. Not scheduled to get it until mid march!
Your shipping delays are crazy. My girlfriend decided to order a headset of her own last week and the estimated delivery was the same for both storage versions when she ordered. Her headset will arrive in less than a week from the order date, just as mine did. The only thing I can think of is that her and I are much closer to the manufacturing centers, but it shouldn't take an extra 2-3 weeks just to ship it across the Pacific.

OTOH, I ordered a facemask insert from VRcover, which I believe is based out of Europe, and it'll likely take close to 4 weeks for me to receive.
I've heard nightmare shipping stories about VRcover on Reddit (https://reddit.com/r/oculusquest). Hopefully you get everything you were promised in your shipment and they don't try to haggle you for additional shipping after you wait a long time. Not to say everyone has had issues. Just a large number of folks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:53 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Any news Bone?

I've heard nightmare shipping stories about VRcover on Reddit (https://reddit.com/r/oculusquest). Hopefully you get everything you were promised in your shipment and they don't try to haggle you for additional shipping after you wait a long time. Not to say everyone has had issues. Just a large number of folks.
Yeah, their shipping is a total joke. The product seems to be one of the best, so I'll just wait it out.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:04 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:53 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Any news Bone?

Yeah, their shipping is a total joke. The product seems to be one of the best, so I'll just wait it out.
I'm sure you'll be fine. Let me know how you like it. I love the GOMRVR Comfort Strap (Halo Strap) I got by the way. Spent a few hours with the Anker battery pack and the strap last night playing more Half Life Alyx and it was so comfortable. 4 hours went by and I don't think I ever had to adjust the headset.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I've also been eyeballing this for awhile. Would look great on my desk when not in use and keep everything charged nicely.

https://www.oculus.com/accessories/anker-charging-dock/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, I got my Oculus midday today. Finished a long workday and then watched the Suns disaster. Watched a little news and TV. I was so tired. I was thinking to myself, do I really have the energy to start using my new Oculus tonight? I then decided to at least pull it out of the box and start it. That was over 2 hours ago. Wow, first impressions are super positive! Fantastic technology. The way you create your play area is so cool. I did the demos that were already installed. Then the first game I purchased was Beat Saber. Such a cool game and controls. It really feels like you have those lightsabers. The controller feedback is so great. You can feel the sabers crossing. Anyway, I had a blast playing through about 4 songs.

I then purchased Thrill of the Fight and In Death Unchained. The original battery life was gone by that point. I have it charging now. The ability to get your money back if you don't like a game is unheard of and such a great feature. Anyway, this is awesome technology and I'm so glad to have wireless VR for the first time ever.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Good for you for finding something fun to do after that game. I went to bed depressed about the state of our team, yet again. 2010 feels like a lifetime ago.

If I don't spend more than 2-3 hours all week playing games, would it be worth getting the Oculus? And if I don't have a windows PC?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:46 am
Good for you for finding something fun to do after that game. I went to bed depressed about the state of our team, yet again. 2010 feels like a lifetime ago.

If I don't spend more than 2-3 hours all week playing games, would it be worth getting the Oculus? And if I don't have a windows PC?
It keeps you physically engaged when gaming, which can be a huge plus if you find the right game or experience to possibly give you a bit of a workout. That's a plus. Also, there's no need for a PC as it is a standalone headset where all of the hardware and software is housed within the headset. A PC just gives you the capability of playing some of the PC VR exclusive content, which requires a rather good graphics card anyway.

There's also the social aspect. You can jump in and play VR with a friend or friends on the headset. You could hop on and play ping pong or golf with Superbone, for example. You can see and hear each other in real time. There's even Big Screen, which I know Flagrant Foul uses and I've been meaning to try with him, where you can hangout in a theater, drive-in, or other settings and watch a sporting event (Suns game) or movie together, with up to 8 or so people I believe.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:

Get it! It's such an amazing experience. I don't have any plans to use a PC with mine.

I bought Music Trip and I'm really enjoying it. It's basically a variation of Beat Sabre with more movement from what I've experienced so far. Also, friend told me to check out Super Hot. Played the demo last night and loved it. It is super cool! :P Bought the whole game and looking forward to spending time in that world tonight. This is a whole new experience and wireless is what I've been waiting for and it doesn't disappoint.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:01 pm
Indy wrote:

Get it! It's such an amazing experience. I don't have any plans to use a PC with mine.

I bought Music Trip and I'm really enjoying it. It's basically a variation of Beat Sabre with more movement from what I've experienced so far. Also, friend told me to check out Super Hot. Played the demo last night and loved it. It is super cool! :P Bought the whole game and looking forward to spending time in that world tonight. This is a whole new experience and wireless is what I've been waiting for and it doesn't disappoint.
Get Synth Riders as well of you're looking for something better than Beat Saber! It also has a custom music library with tons of music you'd likely love.

I'm about to get on my VR shortly and can't wait!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:01 pm
Indy wrote:

Get Synth Riders as well of you're looking for something better than Beat Saber! It also has a custom music library with tons of music you'd likely love.

I'm about to get on my VR shortly and can't wait!
Thanks for the tip! Happy VRing. :D
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I can also recommend Synth Riders, but I haven't played Beat Saber.

Synth Riders has custom music but songs require beat mapping, which is a lengthy process that I don't have the patience for. You can browse the custom song library uploaded by the community at synthriderz.com. There are some pretty good ones on there, but also some pretty bad ones as well. Even if there's a song you like, the beatmap might be garbage and that can kind of ruin the experience. Configuring SideQuest is the easiest way to get the songs on your headset.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think you guys have convinced me. I have some work to do in my office to get it cleaned up and cleared out, but once I do I plan on getting one.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:23 pm
I think you guys have convinced me. I have some work to do in my office to get it cleaned up and cleared out, but once I do I plan on getting one.
Cool. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I got Vader Immortal: Episode I and played through a bunch of it last night. Just so cool being in the Star Wars universe and standing toe to toe with Darth Vader!
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

https://www.gamepur.com/guides/will-mlb ... 0platforms.

Great news! I don't console game though Xbox Game Pass for PC typically has the new releases that come to Xbox as cross platform. Does this mean, Superbone, that PC gamers like myself may be able to finally experience and play MLB The Show with The Show 21?!?!?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Finally something that'll get me to care about baseball again.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:39 pm

Great news! I don't console game though Xbox Game Pass for PC typically has the new releases that come to Xbox as cross platform. Does this mean, Superbone, that PC gamers like myself may be able to finally experience and play MLB The Show with The Show 21?!?!?
Did you read the end of the article? :)
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:30 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:

On the other hand, however, it does not appear that PC users will be getting the title this year. Sony stated that MLB The Show 21 will be available for the Xbox and PlayStation family of consoles. So unless you have any of those consoles, it doesn’t look like you’ll be hitting the diamond this year.
But that's not coming from you or anyone else. Seems to be assumption from the author of the article. Please, don't break my heart man. PC gamers are important!

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

On the other hand, however, it does not appear that PC users will be getting the title this year. Sony stated that MLB The Show 21 will be available for the Xbox and PlayStation family of consoles. So unless you have any of those consoles, it doesn’t look like you’ll be hitting the diamond this year.
But that's not coming from you or anyone else. Seems to be assumption from the author of the article. Please, don't break my heart man. PC gamers are important!
I would be curious to see what the breakdown is in revenue between console gamers, mobile gamers, and PC gamers.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:33 pm
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Those decisions are above my pay grade, man. All I can tell you is that today the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S launch dates with cross-platform play were announced.
"Be Legendary."