Impeachment

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Impeachment

Post by Superbone »

BigLewy wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:37 pm
As one of the few other conservatives on this board, I'll buy a round as well when I fly out west for the Suns NBA title celebration that WILL happen one day.
Oh, yes. One day it WILL happen and I will celebrate like I've never celebrated before! Look forward to it, BL!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The love Fest is over. Back to the topic.

This whole impeachment thing centers mostly around whether Trump incited the mob or not and what he said in his speech Jan 6. I looked at the full text of his speech and it just goes on forever. This is the full transcript of his speech.
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/10/96639684 ... ment-trial

I decided to go through it looking for anything that might have incited the crowd. I didn’t bother with the parts where he talks about all the great things he has done and him praising those who are loyal to him. I left out a lot of the parts of him describing how the evil Democrats, Media, Governors, voting machine companies, Courts, Big Tech, etc. stole the election from him. Even then it’s way long. My conclusion? If Trump is telling the truth, then you just want to march on Washington yourself and take back our country by force. But he’s not telling the truth. That’s the thing. He’s intentionally lying and making up things about a whole lot of people for his own gain. Deliberately leading these gullible people down a dark dangerous path for his own gain and then as usual never ever takes any responsibility for anything he says.

These are all his words. I cherry picked what I found interesting. I did not edit any of the words.

We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore,"

These people are not going to take it any longer. They're not going to take it any longer.

Big tech is now coming into their own. We beat them four years ago. We surprised them. We took them by surprise and this year they rigged an election. They rigged it like they've never rigged an election before.

You know, I say, sometimes jokingly, but there's no joke about it: I've been in two elections. I won them both and the second one, I won much bigger than the first.

And by the way, does anybody believe that Joe had 80 million votes? Does anybody believe that? He had 80 million computer votes. It's a disgrace. There's never been anything like that. You could take third-world countries. Just take a look. Take third-world countries. Their elections are more honest than what we've been going through in this country. It's a disgrace. It's a disgrace.

We will not let them silence your voices. We're not going to let it happen, I'm not going to let it happen.
(Audience chants: "Fight for Trump.")
Thank you.

"What an absolute disgrace that this can be happening to our Constitution."

States want to revote. The states got defrauded. They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president and you are the happiest people.

And I actually, I just spoke to Mike. I said: "Mike, that doesn't take courage. What takes courage is to do nothing. That takes courage." And then we're stuck with a president who lost the election by a lot and we have to live with that for four more years. We're just not going to let that happen.

(Audience chants: "We love Trump.")
By the way, this goes all the way back past the Washington Monument. You believe this? Look at this. That is. Unfortunately gave, they gave the press the prime seats. I can't stand that.

We're gathered together in the heart of our nation's capital for one very, very basic and simple reason: To save our democracy.

You know most candidates on election evening and, of course, this thing goes on so long. They still don't have any idea what the votes are. We still have congressional seats under review. They have no idea. They've totally lost control. They've used the pandemic as a way of defrauding the people in a proper election.

But you know, you know, when you see this and when you see what's happening. Number one, they all say, "Sir, we'll never let it happen again." I said, "That's good. But what about eight weeks ago?" You know they try and get you to go.
They said, "Sir, in four years, you're guaranteed." I said: "I'm not interested right now. Do me a favor, go back eight weeks. I want to go back eight weeks. Let's go back eight weeks."
We want to go back and we want to get this right because we're going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed and we're not going to stand for that.

For years, Democrats have gotten away with election fraud and weak Republicans. And that's what they are. There's so many weak Republicans.

If this happened to the Democrats, there'd be hell all over the country going on. There'd be hell all over the country. But just remember this: You're stronger, you're smarter, you've got more going than anybody. And they try and demean everybody having to do with us. And you're the real people, you're the people that built this nation. You're not the people that tore down our nation.

The weak Republicans, and that's it. I really believe it. I think I'm going to use the term, the weak Republicans. You've got a lot of them. And you got a lot of great ones. But you got a lot of weak ones. They've turned a blind eye, even as Democrats enacted policies that chipped away our jobs, weakened our military, threw open our borders and put America last.

But this year, using the pretext of the China virus and the scam of mail-in ballots, Democrats attempted the most brazen and outrageous election theft and there's never been anything like this. So pure theft in American history. Everybody knows it.

That election, our election was over at 10 o'clock in the evening. We're leading Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, by hundreds of thousands of votes.
And then late in the evening, or early in the morning, boom, these explosions of bull****.
And all of a sudden. All of a sudden it started to happen.
(Audience chants: "Bull****.")

But we look at the facts and our election was so corrupt that in the history of this country we've never seen anything like it. You can go all the way back.

You know, America is blessed with elections. All over the world they talk about our elections. You know what the world says about us now? They said, we don't have free and fair elections.

And you know what else? We don't have a free and fair press. Our media is not free, it's not fair. It suppresses thought, it suppresses speech and it's become the enemy of the people. It's become the enemy of the people. It's the biggest problem we have in this country.
No third-world countries would even attempt to do what we caught them doing.

Republicans are, Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It's like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we're going to have to fight much harder.

And Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn't, that will be a, a sad day for our country because you're sworn to uphold our Constitution.

Now, it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, we're going to walk down, we're going to walk down.

Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol, and we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them.

Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated.

I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.

Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections. But whether or not they stand strong for our country, our country. Our country has been under siege for a long time. Far longer than this four-year period. We've set it on a much greater course. So much, and we, I thought, you know, four more years. I thought it would be easy.

Today we see a very important event though. Because right over there, right there, we see the event going to take place. And I'm going to be watching. Because history is going to be made. We're going to see whether or not we have great and courageous leaders, or whether or not we have leaders that should be ashamed of themselves throughout history, throughout eternity they'll be ashamed.
And you know what? If they do the wrong thing, we should never, ever forget that they did. Never forget. We should never ever forget.

The American people do not believe the corrupt, fake news anymore. They have ruined their reputation. But you know, it used to be that they'd argue with me. I'd fight. So I'd fight, they'd fight, I'd fight, they'd fight. Pop pop. You'd believe me, you'd believe them. Somebody comes out. You know, they had their point of view, I had my point of view, but you'd have an argument.
Now what they do is they go silent. It's called suppression and that's what happens in a communist country. That's what they do, they suppress.

We don't have a fair media anymore. It's suppression. And you have to be very careful with that and they've lost all credibility in this country.
We will not be intimidated into accepting the hoaxes and the lies that we've been forced to believe.

Over the past several weeks, we've amassed overwhelming evidence about a fake election. This is the presidential election. Last night was a little bit better because of the fact that we had a lot of eyes watching one specific state, but they cheated like hell anyway.
You have one of the dumbest governors in the United States. And you know when I endorsed him, and I didn't know this guy, at the request of David Perdue, he said, "Friend of mine's running for governor." "What's his name?" And you know the rest. He was in fourth place, fifth place. I don't know, he was, he was doing poorly. I endorse him, he went like a rocket ship and he won.

You know, look, I'm not happy with the Supreme Court. They love to rule against me.

But it almost seems that they're all going out of their way to hurt all of us and to hurt our country. To hurt our country.
You know, I read a story in one of the newspapers recently how I control the three Supreme Court justices. I control them. They're puppets.

I read it about Bill Barr, that he's my personal attorney. That he'll do anything for me. And I said, "You know, it really is genius." Because what they do is that, and it makes it really impossible for them to ever give you a victory, because all of a sudden Bill Barr changed. If you hadn't noticed. I like Bill Barr, but he changed, because he didn't want to be considered my personal attorney.

And the Supreme Court, they rule against me so much. You know why? Because the story is — I haven't spoken to any of them, any of them, since virtually they got in — but the story is that they're my puppets. Right? That they're puppets.
And now the only way they can get out of that because they hate that it's not good in the social circuit. And the only way they get out is to rule against Trump. So let's rule against Trump. And they do that. So I want to congratulate them.
But it shows you the media's genius. In fact, probably if I was the media, I'd do it the same way. I hate to say it. But we got to get them straightened out.

In every single swing state, local officials, state officials, almost all Democrats, made illegal and unconstitutional changes to election procedures without the mandated approvals by the state legislatures.

You will have a president who lost all of these states. Or you will have a president, to put it another way, who was voted on by a bunch of stupid people who lost all of these states.
You will have an illegitimate president. That's what you'll have. And we can't let that happen.

These are the facts that you won't hear from the fake news media. It's all part of the suppression effort. They don't want to talk about it. They don't want to talk about it. In fact, when I started talking about that, I guarantee you, a lot of the television sets and a lot of those cameras went off. And that's a lot of cameras back there. But a lot of them went off.
But these are the things you don't hear about. You don't hear what you just heard. I'm going to go over a few more states. But you don't hear it by the people who want to deceive you and demoralize you and control you. Big tech, media.

And just like the radical left tries to blacklist you on social media. Every time I put out a tweet, that's, even if it's totally correct, totally correct, I get a flag. I get a flag.

But you know what, if you want to, if you want to get out a message and if you want to go through Big tech, social media, they are really, if you're a conservative, if you're a Republican, if you have a big voice, I guess they call it shadow banned, right? Shadow banned. They shadow ban you, and it should be illegal.

They also want to indoctrinate your children in school by teaching them things that aren't so. They want to indoctrinate your children. It's all part of the comprehensive assault on our democracy, and the American people are finally standing up and saying no. This crowd is, again, a testament to it.

Two months ago, we had a massive crowd come down to Washington. I said, "What are they there for?" "Sir, they're there for you."

If we allow this group of people to illegally take over our country because it's illegal when the votes are illegal when the way they got there is illegal when the states that vote are given false and fraudulent information.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.
Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country.

The Democrats are hopeless — they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we're going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help. We're going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.
So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.
Last edited by Nodack on Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

New details about Trump-McCarthy shouting match show Trump refused to call off the rioters
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics ... index.html
In an expletive-laced phone call with House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, then-President Donald Trump said the rioters cared more about the election results than McCarthy did.

"Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are," Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.

McCarthy insisted that the rioters were Trump's supporters and begged Trump to call them off.

Trump's comment set off what Republican lawmakers familiar with the call described as a shouting match between the two men. A furious McCarthy told the President the rioters were breaking into his office through the windows, and asked Trump, "Who the f--k do you think you are talking to?" according to a Republican lawmaker familiar with the call.

The Republican members of Congress said the exchange showed Trump had no intention of calling off the rioters even as lawmakers were pleading with him to intervene. Several said it amounted to a dereliction of his presidential duty.

"He is not a blameless observer, he was rooting for them," a Republican member of Congress said. "On January 13, Kevin McCarthy said on the floor of the House that the President bears responsibility and he does."

“You have to look at what he did during the insurrection to confirm where his mind was at," Herrera Beutler, one of 10 House Republicans who voted last month to impeach Trump, told CNN. "That line right there demonstrates to me that either he didn't care, which is impeachable, because you cannot allow an attack on your soil, or he wanted it to happen and was OK with it, which makes me so angry."
"We should never stand for that, for any reason, under any party flag," she added, voicing her extreme frustration: "I'm trying really hard not to say the F-word."

"I think it speaks to the former President's mindset," said Rep. Anthony Gonzalez, an Ohio Republican who also voted to impeach Trump last month. "He was not sorry to see his unyieldingly loyal vice president or the Congress under attack by the mob he inspired. In fact, it seems he was happy about it or at the least enjoyed the scenes that were horrifying to most Americans across the country."

It took Trump several hours after the attack began to eventually encourage his supporters to "go home in peace" -- a tweet that came at the urging of his top aides.

Trump himself has not taken any responsibility in public.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We were talking a little while back about the two Capital police officers who committed suicide after the Capital attack and speculated the reasons. Now we know a little more and it’s just sad is all.

Two police officers who helped fight the Capitol mob have died of suicide. Many more are hurting.
https://www.inquirer.com/news/nation-wo ... 10212.html
“He wasn’t the same Jeff that left on the sixth … I just tried to comfort him and let him know that I loved him,” she said. “I told him I’d be there if he needed anything, that no matter what we’ll get through it. I tried to do the best I could.”

Smith returned to the police clinic for a follow-up appointment Jan. 14 and was ordered back to work, a decision his wife now questions. After a sleepless night, he set off the next afternoon for an overnight shift, taking the ham-and-turkey sandwiches, trail mix and cookies Erin had packed.
On his way to the District, Smith shot himself in the head.

The suicides have also renewed attention on another troubling and often hidden issue: Police officers die by their own hands at rates greater than people in other occupations, according to a report compiled by the Police Executive Research Forum in 2019, after at least nine New York City police officers died by suicide that year. That report said officer suicides outpace deaths of law enforcement members killed in shootings and vehicular crashes.

"I think that officers are suffering from this," said Violanti, who studies suicides by police officers. "There's a feeling of a huge lack of support, not only from the public but from administrations."

"Several Capitol police officers have reportedly threatened self-harm in the days following the riot," Cicilline said during the trial. "And in one case, an officer voluntarily turned in her gun because she was afraid of what might happen."
Contee knew the emotional toll would be devastating. One officer, he had recalled, told him the siege was scarier than two tours as a soldier in Iraq.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

For the life of me I can’t understand why anyone would want to be a police officer. Their job is scary. Their job is to serve and protect. That oftentimes comes down to them confronting people for a living and that is always stressful. Right now I think there is no lower time to be a police officer. You had the race riots and because of a white Supremacist element in the police ranks in certain areas all police got a black eye around the country.

To be an officer that day and see sea of Trump supporters coming at you and to be called traitors and be attacked relentlessly by a much larger group of people than you could possibly handle must have been terrifying. That one officer that was pulled into the crowd and beaten while his body camera was rolling was scary as hell.

I take my hat off and almost question anyone who seeks out that job. It is such an important job and just like the Presidency should be filled by people who are doing it for the right reasons and who are qualified. Any cop who went through that ordeal probably needs counseling and some time off.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Oath Keeper wanted to load boat with weapons for Potomac
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... or-potomac
A member of the right-wing paramilitary group the Oath Keepers in the days leading up to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot proposed a plan to transport “heavy weapons” in a boat across the Potomac River, prosecutors said in a Thursday court filing.

Days before the attack, prosecutors in the court filing say Caldwell reached out to a member of the Three Percenters, an extremist gun rights militia, saying with “someone standing by at a dock ramp (one near the Pentagon for sure) we could have our Quick Response Team with the heavy weapons standing by, quickly load them and ferry them across the river to our waiting arms.”

“I am concerned this is an elaborate trap," Watkins allegedly wrote in a text message sent on Nov. 9. "Unless the POTUS himself activates us, it’s not legit. The POTUS has the right to activate units too. If Trump asks me to come, I will. Otherwise, I can’t trust it.”

Prosecutors say the filings offer further evidence that the three members of the Oath Keepers played a key role in organizing fellow militia members to attack the Capitol, with text messages discussing potential plans dating as far back as November.

Caldwell’s attorneys on Tuesday claimed that he has worked for the FBI and holds a top security clearance. His attorneys wrote in a court filing that the Navy veteran worked as a section chief for the FBI from 2009 to 2010, and he also ran a consulting firm that performed work for several U.S. government agencies.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

McConnell says he'll vote to acquit Trump
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/538 ... quit-trump

McConnell is an evil snake. That officially makes the GOP a terrorist organization imo.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

They just agreed to call witnesses. Expect the trial to last for awhile, according to Graham, who changed his vote to Yes.

As far as McConnell, why do you think he's a snake? Is it because he said he would vote to convict before the trial and now after the House managers and the defense presented their "evidence", it changed his mind?

BTW, I think McConnell is a snake too, but calling the GOP a terrorist organization is wild.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP has become a nakedly authoritarian, anti-democratic party coalition of bigots focused only on retention of power at any cost.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:08 am
The GOP has become a nakedly authoritarian, anti-democratic party coalition of bigots focused only on retention of power at any cost.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 pm
For the life of me I can’t understand why anyone would want to be a police officer. Their job is scary. Their job is to serve and protect. That oftentimes comes down to them confronting people for a living and that is always stressful. Right now I think there is no lower time to be a police officer. You had the race riots and because of a white Supremacist element in the police ranks in certain areas all police got a black eye around the country.

To be an officer that day and see sea of Trump supporters coming at you and to be called traitors and be attacked relentlessly by a much larger group of people than you could possibly handle must have been terrifying. That one officer that was pulled into the crowd and beaten while his body camera was rolling was scary as hell.

I take my hat off and almost question anyone who seeks out that job. It is such an important job and just like the Presidency should be filled by people who are doing it for the right reasons and who are qualified. Any cop who went through that ordeal probably needs counseling and some time off.
Three of my best friends are cops. Two are state troopers and one is a sergeant in local town, and they said officers are retiring or leaving at a record pace. Over the summer with all of the protests and riots going on, their chiefs told them to learn how to play poker because it isn't worth stopping anyone and dealing with harassment and to let them see how they like it when they want to defund the police. They basically sat on the side of the road pretending to be doing radar but wouldn't pull anyone over unless it was an actual danger. One of them showed up to a noise complaint at a ridiculous house party of over 100 people and as soon as he stepped out of the car, the phones went on and people were yelling that he was there to kill them. He just got back in his car with another officer and said F this people and left. Although they did like the extra OT to "go babysit these losers" that were blocking highways and such. I'd never want to be a cop, especially now when there is almost no respect shown to them. A few bad apples have spoiled the police ranks, and we'll see how people who want to even abolish the police like it when they have an emergency and need them.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

For the record, nobody has said they want to abolish the police. Defund was a bad choice of words.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

BigLewy wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:06 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 pm

Three of my best friends are cops. Two are state troopers and one is a sergeant in local town, and they said officers are retiring or leaving at a record pace. Over the summer with all of the protests and riots going on, their chiefs told them to learn how to play poker because it isn't worth stopping anyone and dealing with harassment and to let them see how they like it when they want to defund the police. They basically sat on the side of the road pretending to be doing radar but wouldn't pull anyone over unless it was an actual danger. One of them showed up to a noise complaint at a ridiculous house party of over 100 people and as soon as he stepped out of the car, the phones went on and people were yelling that he was there to kill them. He just got back in his car with another officer and said F this people and left. Although they did like the extra OT to "go babysit these losers" that were blocking highways and such. I'd never want to be a cop, especially now when there is almost no respect shown to them. A few bad apples have spoiled the police ranks, and we'll see how people who want to even abolish the police like it when they have an emergency and need them.
I understand their frustration, anger and feeling that they have been abandoned. Like you said, because of a few bad apples the entire police force got a black eye and were called racists. Some people wanted to defund them. I’m sure they felt abandoned by the left.

Now we have the other side who attacked the Capital and the police on Jan 6. They called the police all kinds of names as they attacked them including traitors. Two cops there have committed suicide afterwards. They had to try to hold the line for several hours and no help came. They were abandoned. Biden has said there will be no defunding from him.

If you are a cop you probably have faith in no-one about now. There are lessons to be learned in all of this. I doubt we learn any. I can only speak for myself.

You cannot have a functional society without police imo. Someone has to keep law and order, serve and protect, enforce laws. The BLM cause was a cause I believe in. I know there are white supremacist cops out there who use their badge to get away with abusing/killing blacks. I have seen several videos showing police murdering blacks and claiming self defense when it’s clearly not true. I know blacks get pulled over and abused a lot more often than whites and I don’t believe that should happen. Black people are tired of it and want something done about it and I don’t blame them. They took a knee and were labeled anti American. There were riots. Some police were hurt. Buildings were destroyed. To the right that proves they hate America. After all that Republicans still ignore their pleas to reform the police. Trump sends out the National Guard and secret ghestapo police with no markings, badges in unmarked vans snatching people off the streets. Republicans have signaled they have no intention of even considering taking up the topic of police brutality against blacks, let alone do anything about it. What signal does that send to black people?

I have heard the other side’s argument that BLM is a terrorist group bent on the destruction of white people and property and nothing else. I am sure there are some pissed of black people that probably do want to kill white people just like there are some pissed off white people that want to kill black people. That doesn’t make the cause any less meaningful in my book.

None of those people attacking the Capital had any respect for the police guarding it. They called them pigs and traitors and beat them as they broke into the Capital to hang Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi. We can argue as to which side respects police less or more but, it’s pointless imo.

We are in trouble in America. The lack of respect for each other is at an all time high. IMO Trump has made it infinitely worse by attacking every US institution in America and basically calling Democrats, Republicans, Media, FBI, all US Courts, Governors, Witnesses, Inspector Generals, DOJ the enemy of the people. America First to everyone who isn’t a Trump supporter means Trump people are considered Americans and everyone else is the enemy and not Americans.

I sympathize with the police. There are some really great people working law enforcement that don’t deserve this past year. There are some issues to be resolved before they regain everyones trust in America. There are some issues that need to be resolved before the police regain their faith in the people they are sworn to protect.
Last edited by Nodack on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Authoritarianism is a form of government characterized by the rejection of political plurality, the use of a strong central power to preserve the political status quo, and reductions in the rule of law, separation of powers, and democratic voting. (Wikipedia)
Seems about right.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump was acquitted. McConnell announced he would vote to acquit early today before the end of the trial after seemingly being for impeachment and placing blame squarely on Trump earlier. After the trial McConnell has just talked about Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/538 ... voking-mob

"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it. The people that stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president," McConnell said.

"And having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole, which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on the Earth," McConnell added.

McConnell said the mob breached the Capitol because it was fed "wild falsehoods" by Trump, who was "angry he had lost an election."

"The leader of the free world cannot spend weeks thundering that shadowy forces are stealing our country and then feign surprise," the GOP leader said, adding that Trump "seemed determined to either overturn the voters decision or else torch our institutions on the way out."

"We know that he was watching the same live television as the rest of us. A mob was assaulting the Capitol in his name. ... The president did not act swiftly. He did not do his job. He didn't take steps so federal law he could be faithfully executed and order restored," McConnell said.

"President Trump is still liable for everything he did while he was in office, as an ordinary citizen, unless the statute of limitations has run. ... Didn't get away with anything yet," McConnell said.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

More bullshit from McConnell.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What courage to speak out against Trump AFTER VOTING TO ACQUIT HIM. Fuck off, McConnell.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

They could have presented video of Trump stomping on and killing newborns. The GOP senators would have played with their cellphones and come and gone from the testimony throughout the day to do other things before acquitting him. What a total waste of time.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:24 pm
What courage to speak out against Trump AFTER VOTING TO ACQUIT HIM. Fuck off, McConnell.
What's up with voting no and then saying yes?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

McConnell wouldn’t allow the trial to start before Biden took office and then said it was too late after Biden took office.