2021 All-Star selections

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2021 All-Star selections

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:58 am
I'm not gonna bitch about this too much, but those eastern conference all stars are gross. Boston is below .500 and they have 2 all stars? Julius Randal? I honestly think the Suns could beat the east reserves,
Ya Boston is falling apart...think you could have left Tatum off, but he’s still been great individually. Same with Brown. Randle is averaging 23/11/5 and shooting 40% from 3. He’s got the Knicks in the playoffs right now. He’s pretty deserving.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I hate that he didn't make it naturally because now my idiot friends are trying to waste my time and argue that guys like Khris Middleton are better than Booker. It's maddening.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, we all know that Middleton is not better than Book.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Middleton also didn’t make it.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 am
O_Gardino wrote:
I'm not gonna bitch about this too much, but those eastern conference all stars are gross. Boston is below .500 and they have 2 all stars? Julius Randal? I honestly think the Suns could beat the east reserves,
Ya Boston is falling apart...think you could have left Tatum off, but he’s still been great individually. Same with Brown. Randle is averaging 23/11/5 and shooting 40% from 3. He’s got the Knicks in the playoffs right now. He’s pretty deserving.
Over Adebayo and Sabonis?

Maybe I'm behind the times on Randle, but I don't remember him playing any defense.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

This says a lot:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Not often you hear of a clear, first ballot HOF who is still playing at the peak of his game say that he chose to go to a new team to play with a guy that has never played in a single playoff game.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:20 am
Not often you hear of a clear, first ballot HOF who is still playing at the peak of his game say that he chose to go to a new team to play with a guy that has never played in a single playoff game.
Totally, but Booker is highly regarded by other Stars, surely none of them would refuse to join forces with him. But I think that Paul can empatize with him on a deeper level about falling short because your team and organization are just not good enough. If we swap Klay and Booker, you probably end up the same about Phoenix and Golden State but reversed on personal accolades among them.

We were so blessed that back in the day, when people asked Booker about joining forces with other stars, and what would be the team he would like to do it, he answered right away something around the lines of: In Phoenix. Any All Star ins welcome to come here, we can create a super team here.

That mentality is starting to come into real succes, the kid just would not give up on himself and HIS team and Paul probaly saw it, you get older and you want kids like this to succeed, instead of a-holes like Harden.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:18 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:31 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Over Adebayo and Sabonis?

Maybe I'm behind the times on Randle, but I don't remember him playing any defense.
I’ve heard he’s been a lot better this year. The Knicks have the 3rd ranked defense in the league. His offensive stats are pretty identical to Sabonis. Advanced stats like Randle slightly better. Sabonis is not a good defender either.

As for Bam, he would have been on my team over Vucevic.
Then I’d probably take Middleton over Tatum. Though I understand why Tatum made it. You could make a case for Jimmy Butler too.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Randle is playing great ball for a surprise Knicks team. Hard to argue against him in the East.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Fair enough.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Frustrating that they rarely took players on teams with losing records. This year is because it's allllll about marketing. NBA is hurting for money so I'm sure it was encouraged to not hold that against players this year. Marketing > wins and losses.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

If it were all about marketing, Rudy Gobert should never make the All-Star game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

NBA coaches (who vote on reserves) don’t really care about marketing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:54 pm
But apparently they don't mind pissing off Book. Their funeral.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:04 pm
Shabazz wrote:
I don't think anyone was worrying about pissing off anyone. They took 3 guards, 3 forwards and a Center. And it would be hard to argue against Dame and Mitchell being taken above Book. Dame is Dame, and Mitchel's team has the best record in the league.

So it comes down to, who had a bigger impact, Paul or Booker? So far this year, it is Paul.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:04 pm
Shabazz wrote:
I don't think anyone was worrying about pissing off anyone. They took 3 guards, 3 forwards and a Center. And it would be hard to argue against Dame and Mitchell being taken above Book. Dame is Dame, and Mitchel's team has the best record in the league.

So it comes down to, who had a bigger impact, Paul or Booker? So far this year, it is Paul.
Whether they worry about it or not, good luck.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Agreed. I hope he is pissed off. He plays so much better when people are talking shit to him, or hitting him/fouling him hard.

I hate the games where he spends the first 5 minutes bitching to the refs for ticky-tack fouls. I know that usually leads to a mediocre game.

When people try and defend him real close and get up in his grill early on, I love it.

When he gets hit hard early in a game, I LOVE it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

there it is.

Shams just tweeted it

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Did the Commish feel the pity for Bomani or the Hornets? I thought the decision and announcement wasn't going to come until Friday.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass