Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:30 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:30 pm
That was fucking nuts. And she quickly pivoted to stop him from talking so when she rules for him it would be somewhat less despicable.
Are you referring to the clip?
Yes, but the full clip. That one cuts off right after he says it is all about counting less votes. The full clip has more. He talks a bit longer, digging a deeper hole, and she jumps in and cuts him off in mid-sentence and says "OK, my time is up" to shut him up and move on.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:30 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:30 pm
That was fucking nuts. And she quickly pivoted to stop him from talking so when she rules for him it would be somewhat less despicable.
Are you referring to the clip?
Yes, but the full clip. That one cuts off right after he says it is all about counting less votes. The full clip has more. He talks a bit longer, digging a deeper hole, and she jumps in and cuts him off in mid-sentence and says "OK, my time is up" to shut him up and move on.
I was wondering if you were speaking of a full clip. Thanks.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republicans don't want people to vote. They don't actually believe in American democracy, and actively fight to remove it from our system of government.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:43 pm
Republicans don't want people to vote. They don't actually believe in American democracy, and actively fight to remove it from our system of government.
Oh my, I wonder how Republicans would respond and describe Democrats in contrast?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori should have said that most elected republicans want to prevent non-white, non-well-off people from voting.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I may be mistaken, but I don't think that Mori says anything that he doesn't mean, and never uses hyperbole.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, I shouldn't speak for him.

But the GOP does not do well with small donors. They get far more of their money from billionaires and millionaires than from you and me. Whereas the Democratic Party gets far more from regular people. Politicians, better than most, know where their bread is buttered.

So if you are getting most of your support and funding from the masses, you do things to support them. Like making voting more accessible. Like making healthcare more accessible. Like using tax money to support the masses.

If you get most of your money from a very select few people, you do what you can to support those people. Getting rid of estate taxes. Getting rid of higher income taxes. Only charging capital gains taxes at far less than you and I pay for our normal income taxes. Using tax money to support the few.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 pm
Mori should have said that most elected republicans want to prevent non-white, non-well-off people from voting.
I think most rank-and-file Republican voters also favor disenfranchisement of non-Republicans, and of groups perceived to be non-Republican, such as non-whites, people in blue states, people in big cities, immigrants, LBGT folks, and so on.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:50 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 pm
I think most rank-and-file Republican voters also favor disenfranchisement of non-Republicans, and of groups perceived to be non-Republican, such as non-whites, people in blue states, people in big cities, immigrants, LBGT folks, and so on.
I think that's total absolute f'n bullsh!t.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:00 am
Mori Chu wrote:
If it's BS, then why is your party rapidly enacting literally hundreds of measures to restrict voting access in almost every state in the country? Why are you closing polling places, shutting down voting on Sundays (when blacks often go vote after church), removing early voting, removing mail-in voting, restricting absentee voting, blocking all kinds of people from voting for frivolous reasons? If it's BS, can you point me to any efforts your party has made to help ensure widespread and fair access to the ballot box?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:05 am
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
If it's BS, then why is your party rapidly enacting literally hundreds of measures to restrict voting access in almost every state in the country? Why are you closing polling places, shutting down voting on Sundays (when blacks often go vote after church), removing early voting, removing mail-in voting, restricting absentee voting, blocking all kinds of people from voting for frivolous reasons? If it's BS, can you point me to any efforts your party has made to help ensure widespread and fair access to the ballot box?
I think there is a distinction between people that identify as Republican and elected GOP officials.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:17 am
I think there is a distinction between people that identify as Republican and elected GOP officials.
I understand the distinction but disagree. Actions speak loudest here. If the GOP electeds were doing this in direct opposition to all the rank-and-file members of the party, wouldn't there be vocal opposition to it? Where are the GOP voters calling their legislators telling them to stop restricting voting access? Why wouldn't GOP voters be voting in representatives who promise to protect ballot access? Instead, candidates who rail against imagined voter fraud and demonize outgroups win GOP elections. Honestly, show me any significant pushback by GOP voters for all these voting access restrictions. Any. I think the elected Republicans truly represent their constituents in this case.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:23 am
Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:17 am
I understand the distinction but disagree. Actions speak loudest here. If the GOP electeds were doing this in direct opposition to all the rank-and-file members of the party, wouldn't there be vocal opposition to it? Where are the GOP voters calling their legislators telling them to stop restricting voting access? Why wouldn't GOP voters be voting in representatives who promise to protect ballot access? Instead, candidates who rail against imagined voter fraud and demonize outgroups win GOP elections. Honestly, show me any significant pushback by GOP voters for all these voting access restrictions. Any. I think the elected Republicans truly represent their constituents in this case.
Do you see the polling on the survival checks bill? Or even HR1? Or background checks? All of these have bi-partisan majority support. Meaning over half of all people that identify as republicans support these 3 bills. But zero elected GOP members are voting for them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:05 am
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
You mentioned "most rank-and-file Republican voters" and I don't think anyone that I know that falls into that category want to restrict anyone other than those that aren't legal eligible to vote. So yeah, it's total f'n BS slander. It shouldn't be that hard to fix voting laws, so that's free, fair, available, transparent, and secure, not ones that are open to fraud. They shouldn't block anyone for frivolous reasons or restrict access to anyone that's registered to vote.

That's like saying that your party pushes the least secure and most open to fraud by eliminating signature verification on mail in ballots, eliminating verification of voters period so that anyone can vote no matter if even eligible or how many times they vote, open it up to ballot harvesting and buying and bribing of voters of votes, open the machines to cyber attacks, to not allow audits of adjudicated ballots, to adjudicate all ballots, and open it to really anything that can be easily manipulated and exploited nefariously.

Indy

Post by Indy »

There is a lot in there In2, but can you tell me something wrong with collecting ballots in drop boxes or even from your neighbors to help them turn it in?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:57 am
There is a lot in there In2, but can you tell me something wrong with collecting ballots in drop boxes or even from your neighbors to help them turn it in?
I can offer this.
Four Months After 2020 Presidential Election in Georgia No Chain of Custody Documents Produced for 404,000 Absentee Ballots Deposited in Drop Boxes; Fulton County One of 35 Scofflaw Counties
March 4, 2021 Tiffany Morgan
https://georgiastarnews.com/2021/03/04/ ... -counties/

Spoiler: show/hide

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

See, this is it in a nutshell. You claim you want free and fair elections, but once voting comes up, all you want talk about is the "voter fraud" boogeyman and ways to restrict voting. What about how there was only 1 ballot box in all of Harris County, TX, with millions of people in it? That seem like a problem? Why are you so eager to chase down "chain of custody" crap when there's no evidence of fraud there, but nary a word about millions of people waiting in long lines, polling places being closed, hours reduced, etc.? You don't want people to have easy and fair access to the ballot box. You want to restrict, prevent, obstruct. That's the Republican way. And it's un-American.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

No word? Come on, I don't want to see anyone having to wait in line or be suppressed. I don't want anyone to be turned away, because there isn't access. You are saying that I do, but that's BS. I don't want that to happen, but I don't agree that mail in ballots with no verification is actually safe. It's f'n ridiculous and clownish to even think it is or think try to paint me as such that wants to restrict people. As far as evidence, there is a mountain of evidence, but you don't want to look at it, and the courts just state...."no standing" or some other BS. If they were actually looking at it, it would be a different story and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Besides, you have to have a chain of custody to those ballots for security. What don't you understand about that? If you don't, you could just assume that they have been compromised.

2 N.J. councilmen indicted on mail-in voting fraud charges
Updated Mar 03, 2021; Posted Mar 03, 2021
https://www.nj.com/passaic-county/2021/ ... arges.html

By Noah Cohen | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Notary Arrested, Charged With Voter Fraud In Connection With Aberdeen Alderman Election
By Allie Martin -March 1, 2021
https://www.wcbi.com/notary-arrested-ch ... -election/

Four people, including justice of the peace, arrested on 150 counts of voter fraud
by GERALD TRACY | WOAI/KABB StaffWednesday, February 24th 2021
https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/fo ... oter-fraud

San Antonio woman accused of election fraud gave voter gift bag, arrest warrants allege
Mark Dunphy
March 2, 2021
Updated: March 2, 2021 4:44 p.m.
https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/ ... 994192.php

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I thought they said it was only the in person rallies that no one showed up because of covid. Where are you guys? Most popular President ever. Highest approval rating. pffft

Anyone noticing that it seems the Dems are setting Joe up for a 25th amendment removal soon, maybe soon after his supposedly Thursday address? He hasn't had a formal press conference yet, the media told us he was going to have a State of the Union address on Feb 25th, but then didn't have it. They are ending his feeds early. They've been setting this up for awhile, imo.

Pelosi Announces Bill To Create 25th Amendment Commission To OK A President’s Capacity To Serve - Oct 9th
https://www.forbes.com/sites/elanagross ... 84efe7208f

Where's Biden? VP Harris takes solo calls with foreign leaders; staff runs meetings - Feb 16th

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... n-leaders/

Capitol Police chief: Security will remain high due to State of the Union threat - Feb 25th
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/2 ... rly-471579

When will Joe give the State of the Union? - Feb 24th

House Democrats ask Biden to give up sole power to launch nuclear bomb - Feb 25th
https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/democrats ... lear-bomb/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rikes.html

WH cuts feed after Joe says he will take questions or whatever Nance wants.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

:roll:

Wow In2ition. You're really on one today. It's no wonder you were so hard for Trump. All you care about, along with your peers, are large droves of viewers and ratings, not actual substance and policy. "Look at the small number of viewers! Look at the itty bitty crowd! LOL!".

It's better to have a clown on stage trying to attract viewers that tolerate him being offensive to all walks of life and being a grade A asshole. As long as people watch it and show up, right? It's all about RATINGS!
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton