Around the League: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Around the League: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Post by Split T »

Really our pg history is strong all around. Who would you say is 5th best in team history? You’ve got Dragic, Marbury, Bledsoe, IT, Rubio. And that’s assuming you count Westphal as a sg.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Billions will probably make the HOF, but no way was he in KJ’s league as a player.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:08 pm
Really our pg history is strong all around. Who would you say is 5th best in team history? You’ve got Dragic, Marbury, Bledsoe, IT, Rubio. And that’s assuming you count Westphal as a sg.
If you don't count Westphal or Charlie Scott, you can count Gail Goodrich (2 years, 21.9 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 6.9 APG)

Just look at the Hall of Fame Guards the Suns have had - Goodrich, Scott, Westphal, D. Johnson, Kidd and Nash, with Paul a future first-ballot inductee, plus KJ, who is a borderline candidate only because he retired so young. This doesn't even take into account Davis, Booker, Majerle, Hornacek, Marbury or D. Van Arsdale, who were all All-Stars as Suns and Dragic, who was All-NBA.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The longevity of Tony Parker's career and winning the Finals MVP in 2007 standout as achievements that others in the 10-15 range didn't really have.

If we're comparing careers, I'd probably take him over KJ. For a single game or series and assuming good health, I'd probably go with KJ.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

To me Parker is just a worse version of KJ who had the good fortune of playing on better teams with better coaching.

They actually scored in similar ways, but KJ was a much better facilitator.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

How quickly people forget how good KJ really was...

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Yeah, if we didn’t punish poor health KJ would be very high up on the list.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It isn't a punishment. It is just when you miss a third of your games during your peak, you aren't going to get credit for what you might have done if you could play.

And much like Karl Malone, he isn't going to be on a lot of all-time great lists because of the child molestation issues.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So this just happened:

Then he logged off saying his wife needed him

Interested to see where this goes and how it's handled, if at all.

Indy

Post by Indy »

color me shocked

How does that come out of your mouth unless you have said it many times before? And his mate laughing along with him tells you it isn't new.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:06 pm
It isn't a punishment. It is just when you miss a third of your games during your peak, you aren't going to get credit for what you might have done if you could play.

And much like Karl Malone, he isn't going to be on a lot of all-time great lists because of the child molestation issues.
Wait... Malone too?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:21 pm
color me shocked

How does that come out of your mouth unless you have said it many times before? And his mate laughing along with him tells you it isn't new.
It doesn't.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:11 pm
So this just happened:

He'll issue some rote apology and either be fined or fined and suspended. Idiot.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I've always had my reservations about that guy. Just the way he interacted in some of those racial conversations he's been involved with around the NBA. Something was off. This doesn't help.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:52 pm
Indy wrote:

Wait... Malone too?
In college he fathered a child with a 13 year old. I think he refused to pay child support, too.

from wiki
In 1998, the tabloid newspaper The Globe reported that Malone had been a defendant in paternity lawsuits, filed shortly after Malone began his professional basketball career in the late 1980s. The newspaper alleged that he was the father of three children: two by Bonita Ford, a woman approximately his age from his hometown of Summerfield, Louisiana, and one with Gloria Bell, who was 13 when she gave birth. Malone and Ford were both 17 when twins Daryl and Cheryl Ford were born;[52] Malone was a 20-year-old college sophomore when Bell, at age 13, gave birth to Demetress Bell.[53] In the aftermath of the Globe story, Malone met the Ford twins for the first time since visiting them in the hospital after they were born.[54] Malone did not meet with Bell at that time, and his attorney insisted that Malone had settled the lawsuits before any conclusive establishment of paternity and thus still did not know whether he was truly the father of any of the children.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Indy wrote:

If they diagnose his sports hernia right, he's in the HoF right now.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:36 pm
Indy wrote:

He had the skill, for sure. His off-court issues might keep him out, though.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:36 pm
Indy wrote:

BTW, I wonder if our investment in physicians/training staff went up after that all came to light. Seems like something Jerry would have been pissed about, and take steps to fix. Did that line up with getting Nelson and his staff? Or was he already here? (Isn't he related by marriage to Jeff Hornacek?)

pickle

Post by pickle »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:04 pm
ShelC wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:11 pm
So this just happened:

He'll issue some rote apology and either be fined or fined and suspended. Idiot.
Sorry can't see tweets from where I am and this one really piqued my curiosity. Can someone let me know what happened? Can't make it out from all the replies either...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Meyers Leonard was pissed at some kid on a video game and called him a racist slur for Jewish people.