Around the League: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:13 pm
This team is in need of athleticism. LMA doesn’t have it. But I’d still take him I guess.
I agree with all of this.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No. LMA is done. We don't need him messing with our chemistry. If the 7th place Spurs don't want him, the Suns certainly don't.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow
Man this has been dragging out, I would have been annoyed for fantasy basketball lol but I'm sure Grizz fans have to be tired of these updates

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:13 am
No. LMA is done. We don't need him messing with our chemistry. If the 7th place Spurs don't want him, the Suns certainly don't.
Would you trade for Nance if all you had to give up was a protected first round pick and Carter?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:33 am
Superbone wrote:
Would you trade for Nance if all you had to give up was a protected first round pick and Carter?
YES! I was willing to the other deal I think it was that Split came up with which was even more rich.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't know if Aldridge would help us. He's still averaging almost 14 ppg and 4.5 rpg, but his shooting percentage is down a bit (46.4%) and he's getting old and slow. Might be he could fill Kaminsky minutes, but if he asked out of San Antonio, as others have said, he probably wants a bigger role. I wonder if he'd go back to Portland to finish his career?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ila01.html

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:35 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:33 am
Superbone wrote:
YES! I was willing to the other deal I think it was that Split came up with which was even more rich.
Nance would plug the only major hole I see on our roster and worth briefly disrupting the chemistry unlike LMA. I think it would mean a serious convo with Crowder about his role and/or a trade if he prefers so I don’t see it happening because James Jones is all about keeping veterans happy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:41 am
Nance would plug the only major hole I see on our roster and worth briefly disrupting the chemistry unlike LMA. I think it would mean a serious convo with Crowder about his role and/or a trade if he prefers so I don’t see it happening because James Jones is all about keeping veterans happy.
It might be a bad look for us if two of the most recent veterans we signed as FAs (Rubio and Crowder) were both used for a year and then unceremoniously dumped to make way for a perceived better equivalent player (Paul and Nance) despite the prior player playing well for us and buying into the team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:50 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:41 am
It might be a bad look for us if two of the most recent veterans we signed as FAs (Rubio and Crowder) were both used for a year and then unceremoniously dumped to make way for a perceived better equivalent player (Paul and Nance) despite the prior player playing well for us and buying into the team.
I want to win a title, so I don’t really care as a fan. But I think Jones agrees with you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Who would you guys take?

Personally I go SGA, Ja, LaMelo, Trae. But those first 3 are real close and there’s a real chance LaMelo runs away from the other 3.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:50 pm

Who would you guys take?

Personally I go SGA, Ja, LaMelo, Trae. But those first 3 are real close and there’s a real chance LaMelo runs away from the other 3.
For me it's Ja by a mile. Then SGA, LaMelo, and Trae.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I know the kid play has improved but this is quite some context here

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:52 pm
Split T wrote:

Who would you guys take?

For me it's Ja by a mile. Then SGA, LaMelo, and Trae.
Do you worry about Ja’s shot and his health? That’s what keeps him down a bit for me. I love his mentality and think he’s a winning player.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

SGA first. Trae last. LaMelo and Ja, flip a coin.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:24 am
Wow
Man this has been dragging out, I would have been annoyed for fantasy basketball lol but I'm sure Grizz fans have to be tired of these updates

Hey, relax. I've been holding Kevin Durant for a season and a half and he's played like 10 games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Split T wrote:

Who would you guys take?

LaMelo (his play is outstanding) Ja (was a homer before rose in the draft thought we could sneak in) ***agre on the coinflip though- Injuries is the only reason Ja is behind LaMelo. Trae (would be awesome if he would play well with others) SGA (Best team guy)

Indy

Post by Indy »

BAMF wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:58 pm
Split T wrote:

Who would you guys take?

LaMelo (his play is outstanding) Ja (was a homer before rose in the draft thought we could sneak in) ***agre on the coinflip though- Injuries is the only reason Ja is behind LaMelo. Trae (would be awesome if he would play well with others) SGA (Best team guy)
When I read "build around" I am assuming you mean this guy has to be the best player on a championship team at some point in his career. I am not sure any of those guys will get there, but if I had to bet on which one is most likely to be a Finals MVP, it is Ball. Least likely is Trae.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Trae needs to learn to play with others. At this point he has to be the whole offense or he’s useless. That’s James Harden/Luka Doncic type stuff and he’s not at that level and never will be. And neither of those guys have won anything playing that way either. Trae needs to take some lessons from Curry.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:04 pm
Trae needs to learn to play with others. At this point he has to be the whole offense or he’s useless. That’s James Harden/Luka Doncic type stuff and he’s not at that level and never will be. And neither of those guys have won anything playing that way either. Trae needs to take some lessons from Curry.
Sure, but Curry having 2 other all-nba players on his team sure didn't hurt.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:24 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:04 pm
Sure, but Curry having 2 other all-nba players on his team sure didn't hurt.
Oh for sure...I think that’s why they tried to add more talent...specifically on ball creators like Bogdonavic...maybe we’ll see more off ball stuff with Bogdonovich healthy now.