Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Superbone »

Other than a numb left arm and a loss of taste and smell, the shot went great!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:56 pm
Other than a numb left arm and a loss of taste and smell, the shot went great!
I kid. No side effects so far. Frankly, I'm worried they gave me a placebo.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

My arm starting hurting way more than I expected about 3 hours later. It feels bruised, and tight. That is it so far (about 5 hours in).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So far only the slightest soreness in my arm after 7+ hours.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

My arm still hurts quite a bit this morning. Only if I raise it or touch it, though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:17 am
My arm still hurts quite a bit this morning. Only if I raise it or touch it, though.
Did the Dr tell you to not do that, so then you wouldn't have pain? ;)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:17 am
My arm soreness is very mild. Other than that, nothing so far. I don't know if this helped or not but I made a big point of really relaxing my arm when getting the shot.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I went a day early and am now pfizered up. woo hoo.

Indy

Post by Indy »

By the way, the huge increase in vaccine distribution over the last 2 months or so has been a HUGE help. But certainly not the time to declare victory...

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:40 am
Nice. Let us know if you have any side effects. From what I've heard, it's worse on the 2nd and it seems like the younger you are, the worse the side effects like tiredness, headaches, and chills.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 am
Indy wrote:
Nice. Let us know if you have any side effects. From what I've heard, it's worse on the 2nd and it seems like the younger you are, the worse the side effects like tiredness, headaches, and chills.
I had very quick onset of shoulder pain, just like the first one. But the dude was in a hurry and didn't even give me a chance to relax my arm.

I knew some folks that were told to take tylenol arthritis (which is just extended release acetaminophen) to help. I took that a couple hours after getting the shot and so far I haven't had any side effects except being tired. I think if I can get through the first 24 hours without anything worse than that, I will be good. Just about 4 more hours to go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:58 am
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I had very quick onset of shoulder pain, just like the first one. But the dude was in a hurry and didn't even give me a chance to relax my arm.

I knew some folks that were told to take tylenol arthritis (which is just extended release acetaminophen) to help. I took that a couple hours after getting the shot and so far I haven't had any side effects except being tired. I think if I can get through the first 24 hours without anything worse than that, I will be good. Just about 4 more hours to go.
Got my Moderna 2nd shot on Friday at 3:30 pm. I was fine until I woke up in the middle of the night with chills and probably a slight fever although I didn’t take my temperature. They told me you could take Motrin or Tylenol so I took a couple Motrin and went back to bed. Half woke up later in the morning having sweat it out. Finished sleeping. Today I was a little achy and preventatively took some more Motrin at two different times of the day. Saturday night I was fully back to normal. Although watching the Suns game didn’t help any. ;)
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Got the first Pfizer shot on Thursday morning, sore arm later that afternoon into about Friday morning but nothing else. Going back in 3 weeks for the 2nd shot.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 am
Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:58 am
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

Got my Moderna 2nd shot on Friday at 3:30 pm. I was fine until I woke up in the middle of the night with chills and probably a slight fever although I didn’t take my temperature. They told me you could take Motrin or Tylenol so I took a couple Motrin and went back to bed. Half woke up later in the morning having sweat it out. Finished sleeping. Today I was a little achy and preventatively took some more Motrin at two different times of the day. Saturday night I was fully back to normal. Although watching the Suns game didn’t help any. ;)
glad you are over it

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:22 pm
Got the first Pfizer shot on Thursday morning, sore arm later that afternoon into about Friday morning but nothing else. Going back in 3 weeks for the 2nd shot.
nice! first one seems to be a lot easier to deal with than second.

Indy

Post by Indy »

So I am going to go eat inside a restaurant this weekend for the first time in 14 months. I am excited.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:26 am
So I am going to go eat inside a restaurant this weekend for the first time in 14 months. I am excited.
I'm excited for you. What stopped you prior?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:04 am
https://youtu.be/I7wREOySaxU?t=55
Haha, that's a great scene. Enjoy your time out, and let's hope it's not the only time in the next 14 months.

Nodack

Coronavirus: When should we be concerned?

Post by Nodack »