Game Day: Timberwolves (10-31) @ Suns (26-13), Fri 3/19/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Timberwolves (10-31) @ Suns (26-13), Fri 3/19/21

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:24 pm
My concern is that the team is devolving into Booker scoring a bunch of points, surrounded by a bunch of guys content to score 8-10 points. That isn't going to take us far in the playoffs. Paul has shown the ability to flip a switch and take over, like he did in the second game against the Wolves, but I wonder if that is sustainable.
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:32 pm
As of right now, I don't think this team is ready for the playoffs. They probably wouldn't go very far if the playoffs started today. It's an open question whether or not they will be able to withstand playoff basketball this season, when it's the first time experiencing it for the team and for many of the key players.
I agree with both of these posts. This team has been really fun this season, but I don't feel like we are currently ready for a deep playoff run. It feels like a second-round upset waiting to happen where a team like the Nuggets or Blazers comes in and eats our lunch. I want to see some of our 3rd/4th/5th options show up more consistently, guys like Ayton, Bridges, Crowder, and Cam. It feels like all of them are a bit inconsistent lately. Bridges has had a nice stretch of games recently, but all of them have faded in and out as the season has gone on.

Split T

Re: Game Day: Timberwolves (10-31) @ Suns (26-13), Fri 3/19/21

Post by Split T »

Bridges has had some nice moments lately, but Ayton is really the guy that could solve a lot of our problems as a consistent offensive weapon. I do think we’ll see a complete stagger between CP3 and Book in the playoffs every game, but always being able to have a 2nd on ball offensive threat on the court would be quite helpful.