Phoenix Suns Court Images

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Phoenix Suns Court Images

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:58 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 am
LOL. I hear you. I might have taken out a lego x-wing from my son's room.

My HOA won't allow hoops out front, and my backyard doesn't have a good spot right now. I guess I should get one of the pool ones. Or I am thinking about ripping out my spa and putting a sport court in there.
I highly recommend the pool one. Nothing better than being in the pool in the summer shooting hoops. It’s actually good exercise, fun and gosh darn it, people like it.
Stuart Smalley reference in the house!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You're too good!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:03 pm
You're too good!
:D
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:58 pm
That's an awesome idea Indy. Sounds like you've been working from home for a while huh...
Just every day for the last 51 weeks.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:02 am
pickle wrote:
That's an awesome idea Indy. Sounds like you've been working from home for a while huh...
That's right, we're coming up on the anniversary. I think Monday, March 15th will be the beginning of year 2 for me of working from home.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:38 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:02 am
pickle wrote:
That's right, we're coming up on the anniversary. I think Monday, March 15th will be the beginning of year 2 for me of working from home.
We shut it down on a Wednesday, so March 11th will be my one-year anniversary. I had planned on traveling every single week in March, after traveling a couple weeks in February. It was going to be a brutal 6 week span and I was dreading it. When we shut it down I was thinking in 6 weeks or so I would be back to traveling.

I haven't been on a plane is over a year, and that is the only time in the last +20 years that I have gone more than a couple months without being on a plane. It is weird.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Plane weird.

pickle

Post by pickle »

We are more or less back to normal here, but having less crowds during the holiday season and flights are much less expensive so those things are nice...

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:36 pm
We are more or less back to normal here, but having less crowds during the holiday season and flights are much less expensive so those things are nice...
I just snagged a volunteer spot at the vaccination site. So if everything goes according to plan, I should have a vaccine in 10 days. At least my first dose. My wife gets hers in about 10 hours.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Plenty of people are lining up to get vaccinated here, though I don't have the opportunity to get one at the moment. But it really hasn't affected our lives that much tbh other than not being able to travel abroad so I'm not that bummed.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

pickle wrote:
Hey man
Where you located ?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

pickle

Post by pickle »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:45 am
pickle wrote:
Hey man
Where you located ?
In Beijing... not quite the epicenter but certainly we dealt with the Covid crisis earlier than the US. I tried to post a bit about my experience here in the early days, then things got busy and I couldn't keep up with the covid related threads in the off-topic boards anymore.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Finally got to finish this. Thanks again to SIG/AIG!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nice! What's a "Suns XlU30Hd"?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Awesome! Anytime Indy! Spivey in the hizzouse!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cool!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The springs should make for a forgiving rim when your throwing up all those bricks.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:11 am
The springs should make for a forgiving rim when your throwing up all those bricks.
You are correct. I am using a 3/4 size ball on a 1/2 size hoop. And they help with dunking!

jonh

Post by jonh »

That looks fantastic. I would like to order one.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:30 am
That looks fantastic. I would like to order one.
Ha! I paid too much and cracked the corner when I over-tightened the mounting screw.

Long story, but I bought an over-the-door hoop ($25) with plans to just mount it on the wall. But it had such a crappy backboard and was only about 2mm thick. Certainly wouldn't hold up. So I mounted it on some plywood before hanging it. That was scrap I had so it didn't cost me anything. But I wanted the Suns background, so I had to remove all the paint from the stock one. I bought some fancy paint thinner ($13) that was supposed to be good for acrylic. But the backboard was not acrylic I guess, because the paint thinner just ate right through it. So it was completely ruined. I ended up buying a piece of acrylic close to the same size ($30). Fortunately AIG got those court images for me, and I had Costco print them out on large photo paper ($15). So my impulse purchase of $25 turned into $83 and a few hours of my time.