2021 Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: 2021 Trade Deadline

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:31 am
Denver is tough...Murray/Barton/MPJ/Gordon/Jokic
They killed it today. McGee, Gordon, and they shed Harris's bad contract.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:48 am
From Portland's POV: they gave Hood a bad contract. And Powell is definitely an upgrade; he is having a phenomenal season. But I don't think this moves the needle for their team.

If I were a Raptors fan, I am mad about Powell being dealt. Trent is younger and will likely be cheaper to retain, but Powell is better.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:43 pm
I wonder if Olynyk gets bought out, too. That would be interesting. He's a better Frank.
I would gladly take Olynyk.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:41 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 am
Any interest in Jabari Parker?
Parker would make sense if he could stay on the floor and hit the long ball, neither of which he has been able to do.
He looked really bad when I saw him play a few weeks ago. Barely an NBA player anymore.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:56 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:43 pm
I wonder if Olynyk gets bought out, too. That would be interesting. He's a better Frank.
I would gladly take Olynyk.
I know you would.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:11 pm
What a disaster for Houston.

Local media is not happy.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

BAMF wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:45 am
""

Rondo went to the Clippers
Yeah, I don't understand that for either team.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Wish we had gone after McGee or Bjelica. Didn't think Olynyk and Theis would get moved and if we had the matching salaries I wish we got in on those guys too. I've wanted the Suns to get Olynyk for a couple of years now, in fact. He just shoots with so much confidence from 3 and while he doesn't play like a 7 footer on defense, he can help a little with the rebounding. Theis would've been perfect, backup both 4 and 5 spots and spot up a bit from the three.

I think Hood's deal is not guaranteed next season though, so it's a bit of a salary move? Surprised that they didn't end up moving Lowry.

Vucevic returns were a little underwhelming compared to Harden and Jrue, but I guess the teams inquiring about him aren't desperate like the Bucks and Nets were. If the Bulls miss the playoffs, they will get a decent lottery pick this year and the 2023 one is hard to project but it's just top 4 protected, and it's probably going to be much higher than any of those Nets or Bucks picks.

For the Fournier trade, it's not a high price to pay, but in hindsight, wondering if Boston regrets not taking that Indiana offer for Hayward during the offseason. If I were a fan I'd find this underwhelming.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Buy out is next... Drummond and LMA are the top names, but I imagine there will be more. But at this point I don't see us waiving someone to pick up a big. Oh well. Torey Craig is not the worst consolation prize.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

McGee would have been nice. I'm not crazy about Bjelica. I would have taken Mo Wagner though.

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:17 pm
BAMF wrote:
""

Actually makes sense on a few different levels. But I am surprised at the price that the Clippers had to pay.

I was super impressed last off season when the Clippers got both Kawhi and PG13, and I thought it was a solid all in move to get Marcus Morris (sensor). But after that epic collapse, I've been less than impressed with everything they did this past off season and this trade also feels like someone had them by the balls.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Clippers have been without a point guard all season. Rondo at least fills that position and he has a knack for suddenly being pretty good when the games actually matter.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:28 pm
McGee would have been nice. I'm not crazy about Bjelica. I would have taken Mo Wagner though.
Yeah I also have some interest in Wagner. Bjelica is able and willing to bomb away from 28 feet, and gets the occasional deflection and block, but of course he's not the savior. Still better than Kaminsky though I think. A fair bit more confident and ever-so-slightly better at just about everything.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Celtics getting Fournier for scraps was obviously a win, but trading Theis to get under the tax was a dick punch to their fans. They need bigs a lot more than they needed another guard.

pickle

Post by pickle »

They need better players and better depth period... That Tristan signing has really backfired...

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

If he wants to play and set himself up for a decent contract, Drummond should go to Charlotte, Boston, or NY(NY can even give him a decent contract this season as they are 16 million under the cap). The LA teams give him the best chance to win, but he might turn himself into a minimum desk player next year.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:11 am
If he wants to play and set himself up for a decent contract, Drummond should go to Charlotte, Boston, or NY(NY can even give him a decent contract this season as they are 16 million under the cap). The LA teams give him the best chance to win, but he might turn himself into a minimum desk player next year.
He said he wants money so I'm sure he's going somewhere where he can prove himself for the best contract. So both LA teams are not likely to get him, but who knows.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

pickle wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:29 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:17 pm
BAMF wrote:
""

Actually makes sense on a few different levels. But I am surprised at the price that the Clippers had to pay.

I was super impressed last off season when the Clippers got both Kawhi and PG13, and I thought it was a solid all in move to get Marcus Morris (sensor). But after that epic collapse, I've been less than impressed with everything they did this past off season and this trade also feels like someone had them by the balls.
I love Rondo. But man, he’s gonna light Kawhi’s hair on fire when they continue losing. It’s a desperate move to add leadership. Rondo is an assassin who needs stability around him to thrive.