2021 Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: 2021 Trade Deadline

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:58 am
Seems a lot busier than previous years. Maybe that is just me
We went from this on March 16:
"I just think it's going to be a boring deadline," a Western Conference executive told ESPN.

A combination of continuing fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic, the play-in tournament expanding the playoff races in each conference and a sheer lack of superstars available has left the NBA collectively scratching its head.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/310 ... -stand-pat

To this:

Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:02 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:56 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:43 pm
I wonder if Olynyk gets bought out, too. That would be interesting. He's a better Frank.
I would gladly take Olynyk.
I know you would.
I get it. I've liked him since his Gonzaga days. Good shooter/passer. Solid athleticism. However, I'd take Dieng over him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:06 pm
trading Theis to get under the tax was a dick punch to their fans. They need bigs a lot more than they needed another guard.
I disagree. They have a similar need as the Suns for a legit 4, but moving Theis isn't that big of a deal. Robert Williams is really coming along nicely (7 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 5 blocks last night), and they got back Mo Wagner and Luke Kornet in the Theis trade. Theis the best player in that trade, but Wagner is solid and should be able to give them something.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

pickle wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:09 am
That Tristan signing has really backfired...
How so?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Feel like Gambo is decent at telling us who the suns are not interested in. He doesn’t seem to ever have insights into who we are interested in anymore(think JJ keeps things very locked down), but he’s not ruling out Dieng.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:56 am

Feel like Gambo is decent at telling us who the suns are not interested in. He doesn’t seem to ever have insights into who we are interested in anymore(think JJ keeps things very locked down), but he’s not ruling out Dieng.
I stopped following him a while ago and every time y'all share a tweet I always laugh because he never seems to be saying anything concrete :roll: :twisted:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya he doesn’t seem to be looped in much anymore. Very broad statements that are very unlikely to be wrong.

carey

Post by carey »

Aldridge joins Blake on the Nets & Drummond will go to the Lakers. No one wants to pick the Suns, eh? :(
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think the suns are going after anyone. Gambo said no interest from the suns on Dieng as well

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well that’s interesting

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:12 am
Don't like that he's going to Denver. We should've sacrificed Frank and a couple 2nds if that were the case.
AMEN !!

I did the trade machine on ESPN. E'Twan Moore and Jevon Carter could've worked. I would've traded them with a 2nd round pick or two to make that happen. I wanted Javale in a Suns uni. Very upset Denver gets an excellent backup to Jokic.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:47 am
I don’t think the suns are going after anyone. Gambo said no interest from the suns on Dieng as well
What I just said in the other thread.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:25 am
pickle wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:09 am
That Tristan signing has really backfired...
How so?
During the summer there was a lot of noise that the Pacers wanted to get Hayward and were putting up Myles Turner as the main trade piece; the Celtics eventually sent him to the Hornets for the biggest trade exception in history, signing Thompson to the MLE to plug the "hole" in the middle as a reaction to getting destroyed by Bam in the playoffs. At the time I thought this was a pretty solid signing, and felt that Thompson could play a very important role rebounding and switching on defense while rim running.

Obviously a lot of issues including depth and injury has contributed to the C's on court performance, and Thompson is not the only one to blame, but he hasn't really stabilized the 5 spot, and there was a recent report that he's "not loved" by teammates, whatever that means. I heard on one of the podcasts that due to Covid they have had to use two separate locker rooms to maintain social distancing and that has contributed to this also, but taking a step back to look at the grand scheme of things, Myles Turner plus ... say Crowder or another player for the MLE vs. Fournier and Thompson, I'd take the former.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I don't know anything about the lockerroom stuff, but Thompson's play on the court has essentially been what it has been his entire career. He isn't the problem.

Split T

Post by Split T »

There was a comment on the KOC/Vernon podcast last week that insinuated that Thompson isn’t taking Covid protocols seriously. That he’s just doing what he wants and is now out for the 2nd time this season for health and safety protocols. No idea how true that is, but just passing on what they said.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I hear he's out with the ladies a lot. He's a trystin' Thompson.