Immigration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Cap

Re: Immigration

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:05 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:14 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:46 am
BAMF wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:18 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:14 am

My mom told me about that. Horrible! What is wrong with these people? Trump gets a lot of the blame, that's for sure. But ultimately it's on the idiots that listen to him.
I "kind of" wish I was there so I could get in trouble for assaulting the original perpetrator. lol
I wish any of us that would have stepped in against this asshole would have been there. It's like that guy in NY that assaulted the Asian lady. The security and people inside the building did nothing, other than close the doors to the building. Or the guy on a bike that was assaulted while people just walked by like they didn't even see it. We can't just all sit back and let this happen.
Is that what they teach you at superhero school?
You didn't go to the same one, Cap?
All they taught me was how to sell war bonds. I had to figure out the rest myself.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:20 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:05 pm
Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:14 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:46 am
BAMF wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:18 am

I "kind of" wish I was there so I could get in trouble for assaulting the original perpetrator. lol
I wish any of us that would have stepped in against this asshole would have been there. It's like that guy in NY that assaulted the Asian lady. The security and people inside the building did nothing, other than close the doors to the building. Or the guy on a bike that was assaulted while people just walked by like they didn't even see it. We can't just all sit back and let this happen.
Is that what they teach you at superhero school?
You didn't go to the same one, Cap?
All they taught me was how to sell war bonds. I had to figure out the rest myself.
Yeah, in your defense, it was after HS and you were just a scrawny little runt from Brooklyn before the change. But, you were always willing to stick up for others even against the odds.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

So at risk of spamming this thread...

[really late to the party]

Before the pandemic, I had seen a total of 2 marvel movies. Traditionally I am just not into giant budget action movies with tons of CGI. But we watched them all as a family because my son kept pushing and, you know, there was a global pandemic going on.

I was really impressed with what Feige et. al. have done.
[/really late to the party]

Cap

Post by Cap »

You’ve also gotta appreciate DC for coming along and showing how hard it is to do this right. If you really want to enhance your appreciation for the MCU movies, watch the DC crap.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Phew, glad I didn't spoil anything for you Indy. :D
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:51 pm
You’ve also gotta appreciate DC for coming along and showing how hard it is to do this right. If you really want to enhance your appreciation for the MCU movies, watch the DC crap.
I really enjoyed Zach Synder's 4 hour Justice League. I'm guessing you haven't watched it.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:03 pm
Cap wrote:
I really enjoyed Zach Synder's 4 hour Justice League. I'm guessing you haven't watched it.
I haven’t. But I’ve seen the theatrical cut and was underwhelmed.

The extended cut of BvS was better than the theatrical cut, FWIW. Still can’t hold a candle to Marvel.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Not worth it to me to watch bad movies so I can appreciate good ones. That is like saying I have to eat little ceasars to appreciate.... anything else. No thanks.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:56 pm
lol

To be honest, we did skip 6 of the 23 (yes, there really are 23!). Skipped Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3, both of the first Thor movies, and 2 Ant-man movies. Also haven't watched Far From Home just yet, but will soon.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:06 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:03 pm
Cap wrote:
I haven’t. But I’ve seen the theatrical cut and was underwhelmed.

The extended cut of BvS was better than the theatrical cut, FWIW. Still can’t hold a candle to Marvel.
I'll have to check that out (BvS extended).
"Be Legendary."

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:29 pm
In2ition wrote:
lol

To be honest, we did skip 6 of the 23 (yes, there really are 23!). Skipped Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3, both of the first Thor movies, and 2 Ant-man movies. Also haven't watched Far From Home just yet, but will soon.
Ant Man 2 to is Hilarious worth the watch Ant Man 1 is meh.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
lol

I'm a bit of a fan of the MCU, and I'd say your choices to skip are generally pretty reasonable. IM3 has its moments but the ending is a mess; I think I like it better than IM2, though. Thor 1 to a lesser and Thor 2 to a greater extent are pretty joyless, and only really worth watching if you like Tom Hiddleston's performance as Loki. Incredible Hulk is right on the edge of not even being canon in the MCU anymore. I liked the Ant Man movies as heist-with-superhero-trappings joints, but their appeal is going to be limited by how much you like Paul Rudd. I think he's reasonably good in them, and I like their relatively smaller stakes after a lot of end-of-the-world stuff in the bigger movies. Maybe just watch Ant Man 1, and if you like its silliness, you'll probably like 2 as well.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
lol

Of those, the one I didn't enjoy the most was Iron Man 3. The Ant-man ones were funny and more comical.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

Hey Marty or Superbone How abut we have this Marvel part moved to General and we have a general Marvel movie discussion area.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

BAMF wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:10 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:16 pm
BAMF wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:17 am
Nail salons are predominately Asian owned and were not shot up. You just proved the point... He did not shoot up Massage envy he also did not shoot up an Asian market. He specifically shot up Asian massage parlors.
For the record, the massage ladies were like oooold and the reporting on it was slanted to the point of embarrassment:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... t-1149698/

It wasn't related to sketchy sex stuff as much as it was a race related hate crime. And hate crimes tend to be directed against a specific demographic by definition, BAMF.
Are you arguing against me dude. I'm Taiwanese and think its a hate crime. What is not clear here.
Ok -- thanks for clarifying. Guess I misunderstood your posts.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

BAMF wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:00 pm
Hey Marty or Superbone How abut we have this Marvel part moved to General and we have a general Marvel movie discussion area.
Agree. It's a great discussion but I totally forgot what this conversation was about until I scrolled back to the top.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Classy. I read that these charter flights were paid for by taxpayer money, as much as $12 million.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I thought the GOP was against human trafficking...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They used to be against a lot of things they are now in favor of.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:50 am
I thought the GOP was against human trafficking...
No, no, these aren't humans. They are -illegals-. There's a difference.