Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 15 3/29-4/4

Post by In2ition »

I could see Ball putting up some nice stats. He's a very good rebounder and a great passer. Not sure how many points he will put up, but wouldn't be surprised if it was up there.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Simmons is the best defender in that top 10 list. He definitely deserves to be in there.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:19 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:12 pm
Should note that the list is based on future potential...which helps explain Ball at 3...still way too early in my opinion to put him that high. He’s flashed, but small sample size still applies.

Also, Mikal came in 17th, 1 spot behind Trae. Ayton was 20th.
So they’re assuming Ball will average better than 26/5/5 on 50% shooting in the future? FOH. Continue to disrespect Book. It’s ridiculous. Most of these players will never touch the efficiency Book has shown.

Not only does Book belong at or near the top of this list, he should be in the top 5 of MVP voting as well. The big market/east coast bias is ridiculous.

The fact that we’re STILL talking about Ben Simmons “potential” is also ridiculous. Dude can’t shoot, won’t shoot, will never shoot. How many years in the league until we finally come to that realization? He doesn’t belong in the top 10 really.
You are under-rating Simmons. Jason Kidd was known as Ason Kidd and he's in the Hall. Through his first 4 years, Simmons is shooting much better than Kidd, scoring more on same FGAs, out rebounding, sames stocks, and getting just 1 less assist per game. He can also guard almost anyone.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still don't get why Houston didn't want to trade Harden to Philly and get Ben Simmons back. Was it out of spite against Daryl Morey? Now, instead of Ben Simmons, Houston has half a year of Oladipo along with Kelly Olynyk and a middling pick. Way to go.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:27 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
Should note that the list is based on future potential...which helps explain Ball at 3...still way too early in my opinion to put him that high. He’s flashed, but small sample size still applies.

So they’re assuming Ball will average better than 26/5/5 on 50% shooting in the future? FOH. Continue to disrespect Book. It’s ridiculous. Most of these players will never touch the efficiency Book has shown.

Not only does Book belong at or near the top of this list, he should be in the top 5 of MVP voting as well. The big market/east coast bias is ridiculous.

The fact that we’re STILL talking about Ben Simmons “potential” is also ridiculous. Dude can’t shoot, won’t shoot, will never shoot. How many years in the league until we finally come to that realization? He doesn’t belong in the top 10 really.
You are under-rating Simmons. Jason Kidd was known as Ason Kidd and he's in the Hall. Through his first 4 years, Simmons is shooting much better than Kidd, scoring more on same FGAs, out rebounding, sames stocks, and getting just 1 less assist per game. He can also guard almost anyone.
Yawn. Coming from the guy that has been blasting the Suns trading a bunch of average people for Jason Kidd as a horrible trade.

Ben Simmons is the only player on that list that can’t be a first or second option on a team. He will hamstring your salary cap and if he is a max player on a team then I GuaranRasheed Wallace you that you’re bound to get bounced out of the playoffs every single year.

If you can’t score, you can’t be top player. Just can’t. Different era.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:23 pm
Simmons is the best defender in that top 10 list. He definitely deserves to be in there.
Nope.

Only plays one side of the court, and in this era it is by far the less important side. Team defense much more important than individual defense. Can win with a bunch of average individual defenders, CANT win with players that are a liability offensively.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm
I could see Ball putting up some nice stats. He's a very good rebounder and a great passer. Not sure how many points he will put up, but wouldn't be surprised if it was up there.
Sure. Wake me up when he approaches 50% from the field as a first option on a team that is second best in the league. Then we can say his potential has REACHED a DBook reality, who is also only 24 years old and still hasn’t reached his own potential. Then he needs to exceed that. Then we can talk about Lamelo Ball as one of the all time greats essentially.

Book is an All-Star. He’s a top 5 MVP candidate this year, not in the future, NOW. This is a joke. Complete joke.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

I guess so...the allure of potential is always very easy to fall for. Is there a greater than 1% chance that Ball ends up better than Booker? Of course, but I wouldn’t put those chances at greater than 50%. Still a ways for him to go and lots of variables. Players don’t always develop on the same timeline. They’re rating Ball under an expectation that he’ll make another leap next year...if he doesn’t, you’ll see him plummet in the rankings. Look at a guy like Ja, he’s 15th this year...I don’t know what he was last year, but I imagine higher than 15. Trae is 16th...he was a lot higher last year, but neither of those guys made leaps this year.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:34 pm
I still don't get why Houston didn't want to trade Harden to Philly and get Ben Simmons back. Was it out of spite against Daryl Morey? Now, instead of Ben Simmons, Houston has half a year of Oladipo along with Kelly Olynyk and a middling pick. Way to go.
Crazy.

I think Rockets ownership is sold on space and pace and they don't want anyone who can't shoot. But what do I know?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:09 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Crazy.

I think Rockets ownership is sold on space and pace and they don't want anyone who can't shoot. But what do I know?
I don't think it was spite as much as "if Morey thinks this is a good deal for him, then we must be getting screwed." Just scared to make the call and look stupid down the line. Instead they get to look stupid immediate and down the line.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:40 pm
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

Yawn. Coming from the guy that has been blasting the Suns trading a bunch of average people for Jason Kidd as a horrible trade.

Ben Simmons is the only player on that list that can’t be a first or second option on a team. He will hamstring your salary cap and if he is a max player on a team then I GuaranRasheed Wallace you that you’re bound to get bounced out of the playoffs every single year.

1) Never said the trade was horrible, just that it didn't raise our team's performance (1st round exists) and got us the 'malaise' speech from Jerry.
2) You don't have to be a #1/#2 option on offense to be a top 10 player under 25.
3) Bam and Ball aren't #1/#2 options either.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:13 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Crazy.

I don't think it was spite as much as "if Morey thinks this is a good deal for him, then we must be getting screwed." Just scared to make the call and look stupid down the line. Instead they get to look stupid immediate and down the line.
It was criminal to come away from trading a top-5 guy without a single good young asset to show for it. Colossally stupid trade.

Why not just keep Allen and LeVert? Place a preliminary call to Oladipo’s agent and see if he’s interested in re-signing. They completely misjudge the market if they wanted to flip him.

Awful.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:25 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:40 pm
Indy wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

1) Never said the trade was horrible, just that it didn't raise our team's performance (1st round exists) and got us the 'malaise' speech from Jerry.
2) You don't have to be a #1/#2 option on offense to be a top 10 player under 25.
3) Bam and Ball aren't #1/#2 options either.
1) You just hate Ason Kidd, and it blinds your view here. It’s not Ason’s fault that they didn’t surround him with enough talent. Those teams were so average. He made the finals with NJ.

2. Wrong.

3. Wrong.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:06 pm
Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Crazy.

It was criminal to come away from trading a top-5 guy without a single good young asset to show for it. Colossally stupid trade.

Why not just keep Allen and LeVert? Place a preliminary call to Oladipo’s agent and see if he’s interested in re-signing. They completely misjudge the market if they wanted to flip him.

Awful.
Might be the worst trade in history.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:07 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Crazy.

Awful.
Lance Blanks wouldn’t fuck that trade with Ryan McDonough’s dick.

(To put it nicely)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

Crazy.

Awful.

(To put it nicely)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:39 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

Crazy.

Awful.

(To put it nicely)
:shock:

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

It's a famous roast joke:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I thought the joke was great, lol. I thought it was decent opportunity to use that Sarver pic tho :lol:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm
Sure. Wake me up when he approaches 50% from the field as a first option on a team that is second best in the league. Then we can say his potential has REACHED a DBook reality, who is also only 24 years old and still hasn’t reached his own potential. Then he needs to exceed that. Then we can talk about Lamelo Ball as one of the all time greats essentially.

Book is an All-Star. He’s a top 5 MVP candidate this year, not in the future, NOW. This is a joke. Complete joke.
I agree with all of that. The list wasn't about now though, it was about future potential.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass