Tesla

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Tesla

Post by AmareIsGod »

Anyone here have a Tesla? I traded in our Tacoma that I loved dearly but the gas prices were eating away at me, especially since my wife and I were driving it regularly to my parents to visit with our 18 month old daughter as well my wife has been taking her to the zoo and other places frequently.

Ended up getting a used 2019 Model 3 AWD Performance directly through Tesla. It is amazing. I honestly don't know why I waited so long. It's crazy the technology. I feel like I'm in a futuristic spacecraft with wheels. And the 0 to 60 is incredible.

Anyone else have a Tesla? What model and what are your thoughts, whether you've barely had it long or had it for awhile? It's so weird just plugging in when I park in the garage and getting into a fully charged vehicle anytime we leave.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Re: Tesla

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I drive a Vespa, gas powered. Lets race.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I drive an anti-Tesla, 8 cylinder, 455 HP beast. Yes, FF, let's race. :D

I do respect the Tesla technology and I have no doubt I'll own an electric car at some point. One of my buddies has had a Tesla for a few years. The self-driving capabilities just aren't up to snuff yet from what I've seen. I look forward to the day that it is. I'm also sure the battery distances will become further and further. I envision a future where we don't own cars anymore and that they just come pick you up and are on a constant schedule being used as needed.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:36 am
pretty sure the tesla will win. I think it is a 3.1 second 0-60 time and a top speed of 155. But I haven't read the specs on your model camaro recently.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:18 am
Superbone wrote:
pretty sure the tesla will win. I think it is a 3.1 second 0-60 time and a top speed of 155. But I haven't read the specs on your model camaro recently.
I'm totally with Indy on this. The anti-Tesla would have no chance in a quarter mile. You're not beating 0-60 in 3.1 seconds in a 455 HP gas guzzling beast.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Sorry Bone. I'd probably beat you off the line 0-60. The performance model is no joke. I've already had a few idiots with muscle cars and a few high end imports look at me and get all revvy at the light. My silent car can't rev but it's hilarious when I just gun it and watch them in my rear view. I tend to not oblige unless I really feel like it. A Charger SRT Hellcat did keep up with me though. I was barely ahead a smidge. The guys girlfriend was laughing and gave me a thumbs up when I eventually just let them proceed with speed after about 60 mph. No need for a ticket at that point or to endanger anyone.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Guys, go back and read it again. I was talking to FF about racing his Vespa.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Totally missed the FF you slipped in!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And I know first hand about the super duper Tesla or whatever it's called (ludicrous mode?). I had a guy want to race me here in San Diego as he showed off the off the line launching speed.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:48 am
Guys, go back and read it again. I was talking to FF about racing his Vespa.
lol

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:

I do respect the Tesla technology and I have no doubt I'll own an electric car at some point. One of my buddies has had a Tesla for a few years. The self-driving capabilities just aren't up to snuff yet from what I've seen. I look forward to the day that it is. I'm also sure the battery distances will become further and further. I envision a future where we don't own cars anymore and that they just come pick you up and are on a constant schedule being used as needed.
This is something we talk about in the automotive industry everyday... except obviously it'll take time for people to give up what they are used to. I don't blame them... I also prefer the sound of an engine.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Sound smound. Getting shoved into your seat from the G forces of an electric car accelerating without it making a sound is pretty cool. I come from a mechanic family who liked fast cars. They like loud cars too and are annoyed by the electric car movement. Times change. Luckily for you guys it’s not Red Barchetta time yet.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:23 am
Sound smound. Getting shoved into your seat from the G forces of an electric car accelerating without it making a sound is pretty cool. I come from a mechanic family who liked fast cars. They like loud cars too and are annoyed by the electric car movement. Times change. Luckily for you guys it’s not Red Barchetta time yet.
Hey, I’ll even take sampled engine sounds with my electric sports car.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Actually some people are worried about electric cars not making any noise while going down the road. Animals etc. getting run over in the road because they don’t hear the car coming.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:13 am
Actually some people are worried about electric cars not making any noise while going down the road. Animals etc. getting run over in the road because they don’t hear the car coming.
At highway speeds I think the wind and friction with the ground pushing you forward makes more sound than the gas engine does.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
At highway speeds I think the wind and friction with the ground pushing you forward makes more sound than the gas engine does.
But I think that only applies inside the car. Outside the engine noise still travels farther in terms of alerting animals or pedestrians.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:45 am
Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
But I think that only applies inside the car. Outside the engine noise still travels farther in terms of alerting animals or pedestrians.
that is interesting. I used to back up to a highway and it seemed like the wind/tires were louder than engines (at least when they were cruising and not gunning it). But it could just be a perception issue.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

How’s the Tesla treating you, AIG?
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:08 pm
How’s the Tesla treating you, AIG?
So far, so great. It's been an amazing vehicle!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My Volt is at the dealership dead. Had to wait a week for an appointment to find out I have a bad electric hybrid battery module, whatever that is. They are on back order and who knows when a replacement will come. Till then I’m driving my parents car and my car sits in their dealership graveyard.

It had a recall several months ago right before my heart surgery. Something to do with the battery that could cause it to lose power. I made an appointment a week out. Took it to the dealer on time in the morning where it sat all day. At the end of the day I called and they said they haven’t touched it yet and maybe I could leave the car. Not possible since I had appointments. I picked up the car late that day. They never called to apologize or try to schedule another day, which made me a little angry.

My wife’s Bolt has a recall. The battery apparently has a flaw that could lead to a fire. Their fix is to program the battery to where it doesn’t charge to 100% and they don’t want her running the battery down to 0% either. She refuses to get the temp fix because she doesn’t want to lose any battery life. I told her would you prefer to burn down the house when it catches fire in the garage?

My wife and I both love our cars but, they aren’t without glitches. The dealer told me my fix was 100% covered by warranty so that’s something I guess. With Covid happening there are a lot of supply problems in every sector.