Eastern Conference Finals: Hawks vs Bucks

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Eastern Conference Finals: Hawks vs Bucks

Post by pickle »

I mean, Giannis will get his numbers, but he can be schemed... don't need to scheme him out for a full game, but you can shut him down with the proper personnel in crunch time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Assuming we win one more, the team I'd rather face of these two is the Bucks. We struggled against Atlanta but have had the Bucks number.

Plus, I really like the idea of the Revenge of the Coin Flip series. The Suns and Bucks entered the NBA at the same time. We had the infamous coin flip that the Bucks won and as a result, got a young Lew Alcindor, better known as Kareem Abdul Jabbar. The Bucks won a championship with Alcindor. Now it's our turn.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Trae Young scares the shit out of me and Atlanta is definitely more unpredictable from game to game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Another consideration is, nobody can say the Suns took advantage of injuries if we can beat the Bucks... Hawks are missing Hunter and I'm sure twitter will be all over that if it ever happens.

The important thing is for our guys to get right. CP3 to get back in rhythm, and Booker to shake off that broken nose, or as Indy says, get a proper mask.

With respect to that mask, I don't know why they can't make the eye holes bigger, and maybe add some cushion around the edges so the whole thing isn't all up on his face. Doesn't look comfortable at all.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:01 pm
Trae Young scares the shit out of me and Atlanta is definitely more unpredictable from game to game.
Kinda how I feel. Also I think it would be pretty inexcusable to lose to the Hawks. It’d kinda put a big damper on the season. You cruise through the west and then lose to the 5 seed in the east, a team with 0 all-stars, led by a 6’0 22 year old? We’d be considered fake.

Now if we lose to the bucks, it doesn’t necessarily say anything about us. Bucks have been a top tier team for 3 years now. They have a mega-star.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:08 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Kinda how I feel. Also I think it would be pretty inexcusable to lose to the Hawks. It’d kinda put a big damper on the season. You cruise through the west and then lose to the 5 seed in the east, a team with 0 all-stars, led by a 6’0 22 year old? We’d be considered fake.

Now if we lose to the bucks, it doesn’t necessarily say anything about us. Bucks have been a top tier team for 3 years now. They have a mega-star.
Come on T, we should be favored against both of those teams.

Split T

Post by Split T »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:22 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:08 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Come on T, we should be favored against both of those teams.
Yes I think that as well…I’m just not sure what team poses a bigger threat, so I’m taking into consideration who it would be worse to lose to

pickle

Post by pickle »

The way I see it, if we lose to a team that's significantly worse than us, then we don't deserve the championship, at which point none of the internet chatter would bother me more than the loss itself...

Split T

Post by Split T »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:44 pm
The way I see it, if we lose to a team that's significantly worse than us, then we don't deserve the championship, at which point none of the internet chatter would bother me more than the loss itself...
The bucks aren’t significantly worse than us…and I think there’s a decent chance they’d be favored

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:55 pm
pickle wrote:
The bucks aren’t significantly worse than us…and I think there’s a decent chance they’d be favored
Right. I was talking about the Hawks... I think we should still be favored over the Bucks but indeed it is much closer than the gap with the Hawks.

Split T

Post by Split T »

pickle wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:59 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:55 pm
pickle wrote:
Right. I was talking about the Hawks... I think we should still be favored over the Bucks but indeed it is much closer than the gap with the Hawks.
Gotcha.. and yes I agree that losing to the Hawks definitely signals we didn’t deserve to be champions..but I want this season to mean something and I feel like what we’ve already accomplished will be discredited if we lose to Atlanta.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Also, I feel like people would try and cheapen the title if it was just against Atlanta. Hard to do that if we beat Milwaukee.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow
Don't know how long Trae ankle injury would linger after this game but for tonight that freak incident totally changed everything.

One step on the refs foot and Hawks offense had no rhythm with Trae hobbling
Middleton was ridiculous though
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

pickle

Post by pickle »

Random comment... I still like Tucker a lot. I knwo we have had a love/hate relationship with him and he's not a particularly effective player anymore other than being a strong and willing defender, but when he fouls he doesn't complain... and I love seeing that, breath of fresh air in this modern NBA.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t care what people say on Twitter. If we win, we win. People can talk all they want. It means nothing. l.A. will always say what if we had so and so, it might have been different. Well, you didn’t and it wasn’t.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:53 am
I don’t care what people say on Twitter. If we win, we win. People can talk all they want. It means nothing. l.A. will always say what if we had so and so, it might have been different. Well, you didn’t and it wasn’t.
We have more than our fair share of “What if so-and-so hadn’t gotten injured” stories and nobody cares, so we’re not going to care about theirs.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

If we take care of business tonight, there might not be much of a rest period before the Finals.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Cap wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:59 am
Nodack wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:53 am
We have more than our fair share of “What if so-and-so hadn’t gotten injured” stories and nobody cares, so we’re not going to care about theirs.
And the Suns haven’t been 100% these past couple of series either. Paul’s shoulder then Covid. Booker’s broken nose and face mask. I am hoping they both get it together tonight and put the Clippers out of their misery.