GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:02 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:58 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:55 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:36 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Called it.
So what does that make you, 1-14?
I feel like you are on the warpath tonight😅
Some of these comments are fucking absurd. The Suns are tied 2-2 in the NBA Finals where both teams won their home games.
Dude, it *is* the Finals. Every game feels/is a momentum shift, and I feel that some people's emotions shift with the games. Yours don't. And I envy that.

As an aside, I honestly feel like I would have felt kinda gross if we had won the game tonight after the non-call on Booker.

If I weren't a Suns fan, the NBA would be that much harder for me to both follow and watch.
I get worked up too, trust me on that. But it's not hard to take a breath before posting.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:12 pm
Feels like a game where the Bucks will win in the finals seconds. I keep saying it because it’s true but someone needs to step up that isn’t Book.
Called it.
Some of these comments are fucking absurd. The Suns are tied 2-2 in the NBA Finals where both teams won their home games.
I don’t know why my comment would count as absurd when it was it was 100% accurate. Suns win this if Chris Paul just has a mediocre game. I know my comments can be negative during the game, but outside of Book, no had it tonight. Cam Johnson was a bright spot but not enough to move the needle. 100% confident we win game 5. I’ll do avatar bets, I don’t give a shit. We winning game 5.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:54 pm
Also, is Ayton really going to be awesome all playoffs and then go back to regular season Ayton with only 2 wins to go? He has not been good the last 2
I missed most of the first half, so maybe there was something there as evidence of your point.

He defended Giannis about as well as anyone could. 17 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks is a lot better than his regular season form.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:10 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

Called it.
I don’t know why my comment would count as absurd when it was it was 100% accurate. Suns win this if Chris Paul just has a mediocre game. I know my comments can be negative during the game, but outside of Book, no had it tonight. Cam Johnson was a bright spot but not enough to move the needle. 100% confident we win game 5. I’ll do avatar bets, I don’t give a shit. We winning game 5.
Can be negative? You're outright depressing during basically every game.

I honestly don't mind posts about how your feeling during the game, but to be negative every game and then the one time it ends in your "favor" you toss out a "called it"? That's lame.

No hard feelings, Wally.

The other guy I won't mention. He can fuck off.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Also, is Ayton really going to be awesome all playoffs and then go back to regular season Ayton with only 2 wins to go? He has not been good the last 2
I thought Ayton was on his way to a monster game in game 3 but fouls did him in and couple of those were pretty bullshit. Offensively he was bad tonight tho but I thought he was good defensively tonight.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

DA could have been stronger with the ball a couple times but the kid was out there battling man
Can't really be too hard on him imo
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Man I can't believe how close I was to being all smug about Book's bounce back game
Bummer

After the no call for his 6th, I legit cringed because I know the media n everyone would have change the narrative from his All Time Finals performance to the Bucks getting screwed by that missed call. That coverage would have been unbearable too and more How we're lucky chatter

Still at a lost for words for CP3 tho
We all wanted us to push the pace but I never seen him so outta control as a result, seemed like he sped up his own self too much plus having to deal with Holiday. He simply has to bounce back tho, can't see him after all these years of waiting for a Finals appearance to play another game like this

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:24 pm
After the no call for his 6th, I legit cringed because I know the media n everyone would have change the narrative from his All Time Finals performance to the Bucks getting screwed by that missed call. That coverage would have been unbearable too and more How we're lucky chatter
It's pretty bad if you venture into neutral territory. The consensus is the officiating was terrible but with a heavy emphasis on the fouls not called on Booker. Lots of people talking about his "8 fouls".
bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:24 pm
Still at a lost for words for CP3 tho
We all wanted us to push the pace but I never seen him so outta control as a result, seemed like he sped up his own self too much plus having to deal with Holiday. He simply has to bounce back tho, can't see him after all these years of waiting for a Finals appearance to play another game like this
Paul just doesn't play nearly as well when the team needs to play with a higher pace. He loses composure too often when he's not allowed to control the tempo. I kind of get it with his ball handling and passing, but to also miss shots like he did in this game is a bit strange.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

We haven't lost three games in a row since January. Is that streak going to end in the NBA Finals?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

What pisses me off is that , even with a horrendous game from every non Armani player on this team, we still had it till the last Paul turnover.
And we should play more Cam Johnson.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:32 pm
We haven't lost three games in a row since January. Is that streak going to end in the NBA Finals?
Suns win game 5.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Here's the thing to remember when hearing all the media takes about the 6th foul not called on Booker; no one is going to talk about the credibility of the previous 5 fouls.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Just bare with me guys
I'm here at work and my Boss gonna ask me again How come I punched out so late but here still in a daze and dwelling on the game. When I watch it over I will be more bothered about turnovers and offensive rebounds n so on.

When the lead got to 9 late in the 3rd I was really trying not to get too carried away but guess I did. I started imagining everything, the Championship DVD "after his worst playoff game Devin Booker was eager to....." , seeing myself watching it over on ESPN Hardwood Classics lol

Man oh Man lol
Anyways 2 Best of 3 it is

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:13 pm
Split T wrote:
I missed most of the first half, so maybe there was something there as evidence of your point.

He defended Giannis about as well as anyone could. 17 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks is a lot better than his regular season form.
Probably not completely fair. I’ve just gotten used to near perfect play from him. He defended Giannis well, but he just missed a lot of easy buckets on offense. The Bucks pulled down like 15 offensive rebounds too. Not entirely on Ayton, but there were a couple he should have gotten. Also noticed him do his patented grab the slower guy in transition while Giannis streaks up the floor uncovered or defended by a guard.

So not a full regular season Ayton, but glimpses of it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:38 pm
Here's the thing to remember when hearing all the media takes about the 6th foul not called on Booker; no one is going to talk about the credibility of the previous 5 fouls.
And hardly anyone will talk about how good he was on offense for us…though losing the game also kinda does that.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well dude here showing his Lakers colours with this tweet. I don't know much about him but it seems more sarcastic than genuine to me.

Either way that has to be a first for DA
Yikes man

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:42 pm
I'm getting a kick outta watching Dario

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:38 pm
Home from work now and as usual I can't help but read comments on my timeline. The Book stuff is even worst than I anticipated smh

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:30 pm
Feels like Middleton's smoked Bridges all series.
Exactly. Did the Ghost score after 1st quarter? I rarely even see a hand in the face of Middleton. Bridges had 2 fouls and if he would foul out it would not be a loss. At least knock Middleton on his ass once in a while. That happens to Booker a lot.

If we give this guys the $25 Million per year that is being thrown around by some, I will throw up. He just ain't worth it. I have heard about what a winner he is and how he won twice at Villanova. He is in the NBA finals and he needs to earn the pay check he is getting now.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.