GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
rhylek

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Post by rhylek »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:17 am
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:57 pm
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.
Guys, I had a heart attack. I’m not kidding. I’m posting from my hospital room.

When I wrote that, I had a tightness in my chest that I had never experienced before. Talk about a diehard fan!

After the game, it just kept hitting me and freaking me out and getting more and more painful. Called my mom and she said to call 991. Never done that before. They took me to the hospital and then eventually did arthroscopic surgery through my wrist, up my arm, and through my shoulder to insert a stint in the affected artery.

Should be getting sent home late this morning or early afternoon.
Get well soon !

djy2j

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 4 — PHOENIX SUNS @ MILWAUKEE BUCKS WEDNESDAY, 7/14/2021

Post by djy2j »

Wow, Superbone. Sorry to hear. Glad you made it back though to see us hoist that trophy this year. Makes me nervous though because I always envisioned the same thing happening to me during a Suns game. I've dialed it down though this year with that in mind. Get well soon!
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Gd bone, hope you’re okay

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Hope you're doing well, bone. That's not how I was expecting to be bummed out this morning.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

When I wrote that, I had a tightness in my chest that I had never experienced before. Talk about a diehard fan!

After the game, it just kept hitting me and freaking me out and getting more and more painful. Called my mom and she said to call 991. Never done that before. They took me to the hospital and then eventually did arthroscopic surgery through my wrist, up my arm, and through my shoulder to insert a stint in the affected artery.

That’s crazy. Glad to here you are on the mend.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

Add mine to the pile of well wishes. Get well soon and completely.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Supe, get well my friend!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Wow. Just wow. Get well soon...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

After the game, it just kept hitting me and freaking me out and getting more and more painful. Called my mom and she said to call 911. Never done that before. They took me to the hospital and then eventually did arthroscopic surgery through my wrist, up my arm, and through my shoulder to insert a stint in the affected artery.

Glad you are alright Bone! Freaking old people… I take it they shot some die in you and found the clogged artery. How did your other arteries look like in the area? Was it a one spot and everything else was clear?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

After the game, it just kept hitting me and freaking me out and getting more and more painful. Called my mom and she said to call 911. Never done that before. They took me to the hospital and then eventually did arthroscopic surgery through my wrist, up my arm, and through my shoulder to insert a stint in the affected artery.

Holy shit!!! Are you ok?

I stayed away from the board because I was too miserable so just reading this now.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, Bone, just saw your news. So sorry you're going through that. I'm glad you got medical care and will be on the mend. These Suns aren't good for the blood pressure, eh? I hope you can find a healthy way to watch Game 5...! Wishing you well and hope you feel much better soon.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Bone, get well soon. Best wishes.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 pm
Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

Glad you are alright Bone! Freaking old people… I take it they shot some die in you and found the clogged artery. How did your other arteries look like in the area? Was it a one spot and everything else was clear?
I actually feel totally normal today which is a freaking miracle. I had no idea how close to dying I was. The heart attack I survived is known as the "widow maker"! The stent was inserted into my left anterior descending artery. I was back home Thursday afternoon. Modern medicine is quite a miracle.

Yeah, the doctor told me the good news is that all the other arteries looked clean. I'm on 5 medicines for at least the next year. A couple for high blood pressure and one for high cholesterol. Also a blood thinner and children's aspirin. I will be starting a cardiac rehab program in the near future.

My son is flying out from NY on Saturday for the next week so that he can "supervise" me during the remaining NBA Finals games. :D
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

So glad to hear it bone!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:32 pm
Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

I actually feel totally normal today which is a freaking miracle. I had no idea how close to dying I was. The heart attack I survived is known as the "widow maker"! The stent was inserted into my left anterior descending artery. I was back home Thursday afternoon. Modern medicine is quite a miracle.

Yeah, the doctor told me the good news is that all the other arteries looked clean. I'm on 5 medicines for at least the next year. A couple for high blood pressure and one for high cholesterol. Also a blood thinner and children's aspirin. I will be starting a cardiac rehab program in the near future.

My son is flying out from NY on Saturday for the next week so that he can "supervise" me during the remaining NBA Finals games. :D
I start cardiac rehab next week, take baby aspirin and am on blood thinners for awhile. Brothers from another mother.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Fuuuuuck my nerves.
Right? My chest is warm.

Oh my God, glad you are ok ‘Bone. I took a few days off the board after game 4, wich dragged me until today with that game 5 loss as well, because I was barely standing on my own (it’s not relaxing anymore Indy, remember?) and to comeback and read you, oh lord, we’ve never met other than here, but it felt really close to me to know I wouldn’t have the pleasure of your posting (company) anymore, if not for a timely visit to the hospital. My former mother in law past away a few years back, because she dismissed it as something to sleep over and be ok the next morning. She never woke up.

Good thing you make it dude, we need you alive for those two (hopefully) roller coaster rounds left. LFG, both you and OUR Suns!!!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:17 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Right? My chest is warm.

Oh my God, glad you are ok ‘Bone. I took a few days off the board after game 4, wich dragged me until today with that game 5 loss as well, because I was barely standing on my own (it’s not relaxing anymore Indy, remember?) and to comeback and read you, oh lord, we’ve never met other than here, but it felt really close to me to know I wouldn’t have the pleasure of your posting (company) anymore, if not for a timely visit to the hospital. My former mother in law past away a few years back, because she dismissed it as something to sleep over and be ok the next morning. She never woke up.

Good thing you make it dude, we need you alive for those two (hopefully) roller coaster rounds left. LFG, both you and OUR Suns!!!
Thanks man! I have a new lease on life and I didn't even know the first lease was ending!
"Be Legendary."