GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 5 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS SATURDAY, 7/17/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 5 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS SATURDAY, 7/17/2021

Post by Nodack »

That was one stressful game. Go up big early. Book having a great game. Book goes out and the Bucks go on what seemed like a 20-0 run. Holiday had a great game. Middleton had a great game and Giannis had a great game, not scoring as much but making plays. The Suns had a chance late but Holiday stripped Booker and that sealed the deal.

I don’t want to start a blame game. The Bucks played better than the Suns and that’s why they won. If the Suns want to win they are going to have to play better. Simple as that.

JeremyG

Re: GAME DAY, NBA FINALS EDITION — GAME 5 — MILWAUKEE BUCKS @ PHOENIX SUNS SATURDAY, 7/17/2021

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:57 pm
Ha ha! Thanks for the shout out guys! Can somebody please get word to the Suns that one of their diehard fans had a heart attack in the 4th quarter of Game 4 and that I'm going to need a nice easy win in Game 5 like LVSF said?!
It was looking that way through the first quarter for sure, but then got crazy. Hope you're doing okay!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Guys, I forgot to mention something funny. When I went in the arena and was walking around the hallway in the lower level, I saw Alvin Gentry himself walking the other way right by me. I got all excited and yelled out, "Gentry! YES SIR MOTHER FUCKERS!" He just looked away. May not have heard me. Really left me hanging.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shout out to all you good fellas who stuck it out for the whole game. I couldn't handle it. It was just too painfully obvious the way this game would go after that second quarter.

I got out of my home at the end of the third quarter, but I couldn't quite stay away as I checked the score every few minutes. I happened to see it was a one possession game and pulled up a stream on my phone just in time to see Booker grab a huge rebound and drive into the middle of three Bucks defenders. I wish I hadn't seen that. It completely ruined the point of avoiding being bummed out.

Anyway, I hope they go out with some dignity in Game 6 because I think they have a snowball's chance in hell of winning that game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

pagielak

Post by pagielak »

This loss is so devastating.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Rough....
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

LVSunsFAN

Post by LVSunsFAN »

Chin up, guys. It's not over yet.
If Paul was here he'd say:
"So, we’re down 2-3 and I know the next question is, ‘Are you guys dead?’
No.
We’re going to win the series. We’re going to win one Tuesday, and the next game is Thursday.
We’ll win there and win the series.
And everybody will say what a great series it was."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:28 pm
So, they just rolled everything back and called the foul on TUCKER???
That was the beginning of the end.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:35 pm
Good start, hopefully we don't blow our load early and let them back in. Getting the two fouls on Holiday early on was huge. His pressure defense really hurts our offensive flow and Teague is a big step down. We came to play tonight for sure and have a lot of bounce on defense.
Sigh...
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:13 pm
I don't know if it's scheme or what but Bridges can't guard Middleton. Johnson just does a better job at this point.

DA is back to coasting which is great timing for us. CP still seems to hesitant to look for his middy when it's there. He needs to be looking for his shot damn near every time down.
I'm for playing Cam Johnson a lot more minutes. The kid has ice in his veins. He doesn't seem to miss.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

3rdside wrote:
It’s better they shot the lights out in the 2nd and not the 4th .. but the bucks are still looking like favourites.

Paul has to fire and get ayton to fire otherwise it’s all over.
Their consistent high level of shooting throughout the game was demoralizing. Gotta give it to them. Now, we just have to go into Milwaukee and win a game. Put everything on the line. We've shown that we can do it.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:43 pm
It's really disappointing we get to this point in the season and then just go away from our offense.
Yep, that was a big problem. That's why Book got the ball stolen at the end. No spacing. No ball movement. No bueno.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

3rdside wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:47 pm
Yeah this ones over, I’m calling game and series .. they’re eye of tiger
BOO!!!!!!! I'm disappointed in you, 3rdside. Shame on you. It's not over until it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:53 pm
It was a fun season and I'm happy with their accomplishments.

They just got beat by the better team with the best player.
You too? Wow. A bunch of sad sacks around here. You know the Bucks haven't won 4 games yet, right?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:49 pm
Please, make it to 7
please
I'm glad somebody has a little hope in them and doesn't just fold when the going gets rough.
"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:10 pm
We have not lost 4 games in a row since March 3, 2020. How horrible if the only time we lose 4 in a row this season is in the Finals. Ugh.
Sorry it just feels like a very suns fan thing to happen. Sorry guys I lost hope today. This is going To hurt for a while.
Maybe it’s time to call someone out since calling them up isn’t working. The ultimate lesson in not playing with house money.

Sadly the media will go hard after Monty and booker after this. They still say booker is a just a stats guy who had and easy path to finals

Fuck

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:49 pm
*sigh*

In 1996, I was 10 years old and had just gotten into baseball for the time in my life (stay away, FF). Living in Utah of all places left me with basically one choice of a team to root for: the Atlanta Braves, whose games were on TBS 99% of the time.

That season, they were trying to repeat as champions, while the Yankees had made it back to the World Series for the first time since 1981.

Anyway, the Braves won the first two games on the road, in New York--blowing the Yankees out both times. Only to never win another game, as they proceeded to lose four straight.

I really, truly (and I suppose, I still might not) never thought that that particular ghost's chains would be rattling in my direction once again.

Yes, this team, however Tuesday (and I hope a Thursday) plays out will always be my favorite Suns team of all-time. Yes, I will always be proud of them from. going from the wilderness to the bubble and then to the Finals. And yes, Nodack, it is entertainment (for better or worse sometimes, in terms of the NBA as a whole).

But, damn, I really don't want a complete rehash and rerun of 25 years ago,

Can we beat the Bucks twice in a row? Yeah, we've done it already.

Will we? Not sure I want to answer this with how I'm feeling at the moment.

At any rate, we can't think about Thursday. One game at a time, one quarter at a time, and one possession at a time. I do believe that's where it's at.

Here's hoping.
Thank you. It's not over until it's over.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:35 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:57 pm
Ha ha! Thanks for the shout out guys! Can somebody please get word to the Suns that one of their diehard fans had a heart attack in the 4th quarter of Game 4 and that I'm going to need a nice easy win in Game 5 like LVSF said?!
It was looking that way through the first quarter for sure, but then got crazy. Hope you're doing okay!
Thanks. I survived this one fine. It's only basketball. I still have my life. But I'm not even close to giving up. Like I said, it ain't over until it's over. The Suns can do this. I know this and the board knows it even if they don't want to admit it. Will they? Maybe, maybe not. But they're not going to lie down and just take it. They're going to go out fighting. Win or lose.
"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 am
ShelC wrote:
I don't know if it's scheme or what but Bridges can't guard Middleton. Johnson just does a better job at this point.

DA is back to coasting which is great timing for us. CP still seems to hesitant to look for his middy when it's there. He needs to be looking for his shot damn near every time down.
I'm for playing Cam Johnson a lot more minutes. The kid has ice in his veins. He doesn't seem to miss.

And he's doing a much better job on Middleton than Bridges.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LVSunsFAN wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:42 pm
Chin up, guys. It's not over yet.
If Paul was here he'd say:
"So, we’re down 2-3 and I know the next question is, ‘Are you guys dead?’
No.
We’re going to win the series. We’re going to win one Tuesday, and the next game is Thursday.
We’ll win there and win the series.
And everybody will say what a great series it was."
Nice. Let's hope Paul Westphal is looking down from above and sprinkling a little bit of his magic on this team.
"Be Legendary."