Video Games

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Video Games

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Superbone is bored. Stirring up trouble in all the off topics.

:)
:D It's been dead around here. Trying to get the ball rolling!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:13 pm
I’ve been addicted to the Switch Zelda Skyward Sword remake. I’m about 40 hours in.
I never played the original, but I would say Zelda is my favorite video game franchise. I think I am going to try this one out.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:45 am
Superbone wrote:
I’ve been addicted to the Switch Zelda Skyward Sword remake. I’m about 40 hours in.
I never played the original, but I would say Zelda is my favorite video game franchise. I think I am going to try this one out.
It's right up there for me as well. I've always said that Ocarina of Time was my all-time favorite game. Breath of the Wild was also fantastic.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Jupiter Hell on PC is amazing. It's like turn based, action packed semi top down Doom. From the developer of DRL.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:50 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
It's right up there for me as well. I've always said that Ocarina of Time was my all-time favorite game. Breath of the Wild was also fantastic.
My fav Zelda game ever is A Link Between Worlds. Before that it was A Link to the Past. Those are both fantastic. My brain is not all that great lately, and I can't remember much from Ocarina of Time. I think I get it mixed up with others. I just looked it up and it came out while I was in college and I probably played it from like 1-3 am each day between school and work and my mind blocked most of it out.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:00 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:50 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
My fav Zelda game ever is A Link Between Worlds. Before that it was A Link to the Past. Those are both fantastic. My brain is not all that great lately, and I can't remember much from Ocarina of Time. I think I get it mixed up with others. I just looked it up and it came out while I was in college and I probably played it from like 1-3 am each day between school and work and my mind blocked most of it out.
:D I played it with my boys when they were young. Followed up by Majora's Mask. Good times!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
My fav Zelda game ever is A Link Between Worlds. Before that it was A Link to the Past. Those are both fantastic.
I'm playing the Switch remake with my youngest when he's visiting. We've gotten pretty far. A couple dungeons to go, I believe. A lot different (top down, 2D) than the modern Zeldas. I prefer the Zeldas since they went 3D.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I have a special nostalgia for the top down ones. The mechanics are straight forward, the music is that simple, but amazing 8-bit to 16-bit stuff. I also prefer the dungeon style in those over BotW, even though those were really fun and different.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ha! Just went to go look in my entertainment center drawer where I have my N64 and I had Ocarina of Time sitting right next to it with the only other 2 games I still have--Rogue Squadron and Madden 99.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:14 pm
I have a special nostalgia for the top down ones. The mechanics are straight forward, the music is that simple, but amazing 8-bit to 16-bit stuff. I also prefer the dungeon style in those over BotW, even though those were really fun and different.
The Nintendo music has always been great. Now we get fully orchestrated versions of their iconic themes.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:38 pm
Indy wrote:
My fav Zelda game ever is A Link Between Worlds. Before that it was A Link to the Past. Those are both fantastic.
I'm playing the Switch remake with my youngest when he's visiting. We've gotten pretty far. A couple dungeons to go, I believe. A lot different (top down, 2D) than the modern Zeldas. I prefer the Zeldas since they went 3D.
So I am about 48 hours into this game now (thanks Sup!). It is filling the gap between BotW 1 & 2...

I still have to get my 3rd flame. Heading to Eldin now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:57 pm
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
So I am about 48 hours into this game now (thanks Sup!). It is filling the gap between BotW 1 & 2...

Cool! I'm 67 hours in and very near completion. Talk about getting your money's worth! Today might even be the day. I've been pretty addicted.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:03 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

Cool! I'm 67 hours in and very near completion. Talk about getting your money's worth! Today might even be the day. I've been pretty addicted.
Tell me about it. I got it two weeks ago and already have 48 hours in.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:27 am
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. And I thought I was playing it a lot. :D I went over 70 hours last night. Still not quite there.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Speaking of your adventures in gaming with Zelda, I'm curious what game any of you have put the most hours into?

Checking Steam right now, it says I've played 351 hours of Dead Cells. I've put about 150-200 hours on the Switch into Dead Cells so that's definitely the most time I can think I've put into any game, ever, at around 550 hours.

Slay the Spire is 2nd on Steam at a measly 175 hours.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Over the course of my life, Zelda is probably what I spent the most time on for a series. For a single game, it is probably COD WWII. Come to think of it, I started that series back with COD II and have played all but a couple in the series, and that goes back annually to 2005 or so. I used to play those a lot with friends. So that is probably what I spent the most time on as a series, too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Whoa, 550 hours / 24 hours/day is almost 23 full days! Or 69 work days at 8 hours per day. Or 8.5 weeks at 40 hours a week. :D And I never had even heard of the game before!

I don't think I've even put anything close to that into any one game. I'd guess about 100 hours is my record. Maybe put that into BotW. Yeah, Zelda would be my most played series by far.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I've never heard of it either.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:42 am
Indy wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:27 am
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty crazy. And I thought I was playing it a lot. :D I went over 70 hours last night. Still not quite there.
Right at 60 hours now... Have no idea how much longer I have. I just learned one verse of the hero song.

When I played BotW I really missed the use of the TriForce and no more dungeons. This is scratching both of those itches for me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just got to the final battle. Hoping to finish today. Might go back and finish some side quests.
"Be Legendary."