Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:07 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:17 am
I can't remember ever seeing a political effort that so clearly caused its own members to die. Isn't this going to come back to bite Republicans, the fact that they've embraced denial of modern medicine to the point that hundreds of thousands of their own tribe are falling ill and dying off?
I don't think it's exactly broken down by political sides only. Do you know the breakdowns of other types of demographics on vaccine hesitancy like education, race, and income?
Trump voting areas are the areas that are worst about not getting vaccinated.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the-re ... ion-rates/

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:10 am
According to Google, the "Montana Daily Gazette" is not a real newspaper; it's a fake site set up by state Republicans in 2020 to masquerade as if it were a newspaper. It has one contributor.

https://www.votereilly.com/post/fake-ne ... rn-montana
Interesting, I will not be using the Montana Daily Gazette again. I'm canceling my subscription. ;) The lawsuit is real though, and the documents in the lawsuit are real.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:02 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:00 am
Speaking of which, I was happy to see that YouTube is now banning Covid misinformation.
Now if they could only ban Suns misinformation.
Right?! :D
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh Keith Olbermann, you need help.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I watched that whole video. The fact that you think it's a good video that is worth posting is pretty sad. People who won't get the vaccine are stupid, and/or afraid. The speaker mocks Olberman by saying that he has flabby grandma arms and that he's insulting black people since some of them aren't vaccinated. I just don't see why anybody is propping up this deeply ignorant and harmful anti-vax BS. I thought you were better than that, In2.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not sorry Marty, but let's talk about this. What exactly did you find of what Jimmy Dore said to be BS?

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:30 pm
3rdside wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:43 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Cap wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:42 pm
It is so depressing that vaccine mandates are even necessary. What is wrong with us?
Republicans are what's wrong.
I’d say be careful with comments like this .. the current version of the ‘pubs may have lost the plot but it seems to me the MSM is partly responsible for it, with their fostering of a good guy vs bad guy mentality giving rise to Fox News and harder right, contrarian politics.

For each action there is an equal and opposite reaction and somewhere in and amongst the crazy gop’ers are legitimate, decent, conservatives who are justifiably upset by the excessive liberalism of the Dem’s, left unchecked by the MSM that has now also given rise to the nearly-as-dangerous woke, identity politics perpetuated by the left.
I respect your opinion, but I don't think the "woke identity politics" of the left are even remotely as dangerous to the future of the country as the authoritarian tendencies of the modern GOP. And I don't blame the media or the Democrats for the fact that the GOP has become this dangerous. CNN and MSNBC and AOC and Bernie didn't make those loons storm the Capital; they didn't make Trump try to become a dictator. That's on Trump and the GOP. They want to discard American democracy, and somebody being a bit too "woke" doesn't even come close to the danger of that.
Two points to make:

1. Fox News isn't an equal and opposite reaction - it's an unequal / extreme, but still opposite, reaction .. I need to check my self as making self corrections isn't a good habit to be in.

2. This is interesting from Jon Stewart on cancel culture, which stems from woke identity politics:

"Jon Stewart says cancel culture isn’t real"

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 1634010255

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I mean, the downfall of American democracy is kind of bad, but the real problem is obviously that a small number of liberals get offended about stuff.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:58 pm
I watched that whole video. The fact that you think it's a good video that is worth posting is pretty sad. People who won't get the vaccine are stupid, and/or afraid. The speaker mocks Olberman by saying that he has flabby grandma arms and that he's insulting black people since some of them aren't vaccinated. I just don't see why anybody is propping up this deeply ignorant and harmful anti-vax BS. I thought you were better than that, In2.
I think you may have missed the fact that Jimmy Dore (the main speaker in the video) is a far-left liberal/progressive who supports Medicare For All and Bernie Sanders.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:39 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:58 pm
I think you may have missed the fact that Jimmy Dore (the main speaker in the video) is a far-left liberal/progressive who supports Medicare For All and Bernie Sanders.
All of a sudden Jimmy Dore, Glenn Greenwald, and Russell Brand have been branded right-wing extremists with authoritarian tendencies.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don't think anyone of substance has said that about any of them. Dore and Brand are huge into conspiracy theories, and you can say Dore is a big Sanders supported, but he publicly said a Trump presidency would be good for the country. Greenwald is just a hack--I mean he was fired from his own paper after the editor-in-chief caught him printing lies directly from the Trump campaign as facts.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think anything you said was actually true. What "Conspiracy theories" have Dore & Brand pushed?
Dore could have said something to that effect about Trump in contrast to Hillary, as Hillary was a complete psychopath, and he is very much against neofascist shit-libs. I don't think he's a fan of Trump at all, but he calls out liars. It seems you or whoever you get you info from is just making things up and report it as your facts.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:39 pm
I don't think he's a fan of Trump at all, but he calls out liars.
The irony of this sentence is amazing.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

In2ition wrote:
I don't think anything you said was actually true. What "Conspiracy theories" have Dore & Brand pushed?
Dore could have said something to that effect about Trump in contrast to Hillary, as Hillary was a complete psychopath, and he is very much against neofascist shit-libs. I don't think he's a fan of Trump at all, but he calls out liars. It seems you or whoever you get you info from is just making things up and report it as your facts.
Aren't you the guy that cites @MagamanPatriot1776 from Twitter as primary evidence?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:25 pm
In2ition wrote:
I don't think he's a fan of Trump at all, but he calls out liars.
The irony of this sentence is amazing.
Idk if there is any irony. He calls out Trumps lies too.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

3rdside wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:04 pm
In2ition wrote:
Aren't you the guy that cites @MagamanPatriot1776 from Twitter as primary evidence?
I can't recall that. Seems irrelevant. If it's true and I'm quoting you or anyone else, does it make it less true? Those things that Indy said were all false, no matter who he got it from.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

It's not irrelevant, it makes you a raging hypocrite..

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Also who even cares what Keith Olberman says anyway?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

3rdside wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:12 pm
It's not irrelevant, it makes you a raging hypocrite..
How does it make me a raging hypocrite?

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 pm
3rdside wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:04 pm
In2ition wrote:
I can't recall that. Seems irrelevant. If it's true and I'm quoting you or anyone else, does it make it less true? Those things that Indy said were all false, no matter who he got it from.
If you are calling me a liar, come with facts.