All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:47 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:27 pm

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

Quit looking at all the details. He was picked NUMBER ONE! He thinks he should get the max, therefore he deserves it. How dare we make him wait and don't insta-max him.
He's a center and the 4th or 5th option. Not sure the point you or Indy are trying to make. He's not a guard. We clearly have no defined plan that involves "have Ayton create" so this is utter bullshit from you and Indy to try and discredit Ayton and paint his production in a sad light. You're better than this Bone. Indy, business as usual.

Question: do either of you expect him to dribble drive and create a basket on his own? I mean, you've both seen how our offense operates. It's Booker or Paul dribbling around and creating. When the hell has Ayton been expected to create solo offensively? This is a stupid ass statistic and point to try and make. "Our center requires a pass to score". Okay?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

Quit looking at all the details. He was picked NUMBER ONE! He thinks he should get the max, therefore he deserves it. How dare we make him wait and don't insta-max him.
He's a center and the 4th or 5th option. Not sure the point you or Indy are trying to make. He's not a guard. We clearly have no defined plan that involves "have Ayton create" so this is utter bullshit from you and Indy to try and discredit Ayton and paint his production in a sad light. You're better than this Bone. Indy, business as usual.

Question: do either of you expect him to dribble drive and create a basket on his own? I mean, you've both seen how our offense operates. It's Booker or Paul dribbling around and creating. When the hell has Ayton been expected to create solo offensively? This is a stupid ass statistic and point to try and make. "Our center requires a pass to score". Okay?
There's really nothing stopping him. He often has one man between him and the basket and doesn't look to score. It's not all scheme.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

Dude! I was just joking around.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:22 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

There's really nothing stopping him. He often has one man between him and the basket and doesn't look to score. It's not all scheme.
It's not all scheme but I can just imagine, based on this roster and the players, the amount of utter shit Ayton would get from CP3, Booker and Monty if Ayton decided to do more one on one. Do you seriously refute that?
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:36 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

Sorry man..I'm just getting tired of it. It's not you. It's the vast majority of this site coming down on Ayton and disregarding this shit play for our offense on the regular. And I know Indy isn't joking around. That's just Indy being Indy.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

Is this a shit post? How do you and others here feel this would sit with alpha CP3 and Booker? What about Monty? Shit, I can already see Crowder chirping at Ayton to pass out. Do you all legitimately think an aggressive Ayton would sit will with the alphas and Monty or are you really that obtuse?

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:39 pm
Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

It's not all scheme but I can just imagine, based on this roster and the players, the amount of utter shit Ayton would get from CP3, Booker and Monty if Ayton decided to do more one on one. Do you seriously refute that?
I do, Monty has said the option to attack off the dribble in those DHO that we run is always available to Ayton. I want to see that…I don’t even care about the result at first, just give me 2 of those a game from Ayton minimum. Which I will say, I haven’t managed to watch a game yet this season, but I did see a highlight of Ayton doing exactly that against AD in the Laker game. I believe he ended up missing the shot or losing the ball, but he got it back and got it out to Booker for a wide open 3. I applaud that, more of that please.

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:51 pm
Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

Is this a shit post? How do you and others here feel this would sit with alpha CP3 and Booker? What about Monty? Shit, I can already see Crowder chirping at Ayton to pass out. Do you all legitimately think an aggressive Ayton would sit will with the alphas and Monty or are you really that obtuse?
I honestly think they want him to be more aggressive..why do you think they don’t?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

Sorry man..I'm just getting tired of it. It's not you. It's the vast majority of this site coming down on Ayton and disregarding this shit play for our offense on the regular. And I know Indy isn't joking around. That's just Indy being Indy.
Yeah, my bad. It is a man's livelihood. I'm not going to mess around with it any more. I hope it works out. I like Ayton a lot. I just want what's best for the team. I don't think he's necessarily a max player but he will get paid handsomely. If he was aggressive, I'd be the first one on the max him train. He is what he is. I'm just hoping it all works out for both parties.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:59 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:

MAX him!

Yeah, my bad. It is a man's livelihood. I'm not going to mess around with it any more. I hope it works out. I like Ayton a lot. I just want what's best for the team. I don't think he's necessarily a max player but he will get paid handsomely. If he was aggressive, I'd be the first one on the max him train. He is what he is. I'm just hoping it all works out for both parties.
We can all already see the distraction this situation has caused. Because the Suns wanted 4 years. He wanted 5. WTF. SERIOUSLY?

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

Yeah, that is totally me. Sharing stats/facts. Sharing a tweet from one of the (if not THE) best Suns analysts out there. Facts are a pesky thing.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:06 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:

MAX him!

Yeah, that is totally me. Sharing stats/facts. Sharing a tweet from one of the (if not THE) best Suns analysts out there. Facts are a pesky thing.
Did you bother to share his follow up tweet? No. So it bullshit. He replied to that specific Tweet and you didn't bother to share. So the best Suns analyst shared context which you ommited.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

You really get this bent of out shape about people saying we wish Ayton were more aggressive and used his talents? You are the one being obtuse if you are trying to find a way to say Monty and CP3 and Book and Jae would all be upset if Ayton drove the ball more than 5 times a season?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:09 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:

MAX him!

You really get this bent of out shape about people saying we wish Ayton were more aggressive and used his talents? You are the one being obtuse if you are trying to find a way to say Monty and CP3 and Book and Jae would all be upset if Ayton drove the ball more than 5 times a season?
I'm not talking on an "on season" basis. Where the hell are you coming to that conclusion of 5 aggressive drives a season through 4 games? Really?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:39 pm
Shabazz wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

This is shocking to me.
MAX him!

I do refute that. They often get on him when he’s not aggressive enough. I’ve never seen them be anything but encouraging when he goes hard to the basket. Even if the results aren’t there.

They want what we all want: aggressive Ayton. I don’t think they’d mind if it cost them 5 combined shots a game.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'd like to kindly delete my posts from last night. Had some drinks while watching that sad Cardinals game last night and popped in this morning to see I was being a complete asshat last night. Apologies to many but mostly Indy and even Bone.

Indy

Post by Indy »

We are used to your asshattedness AIG. ;)

Apology accepted on my end.

That Cardinals game was so... cardinal-esque. or maybe phoenix sports-esque.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AZ sports teams continually figure out new ways to lose in the most painful ways possible.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It was an exciting close game that could have gone either way.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Ayton is averaging a career-high 12.2 rebounds per game while playing a career-low 30.2 minutes per game.

Per 36 minutes, he has gone from averaging 12.0, 12.7, and 12.4 rebounds each of his first three seasons respectively, to averaging 14.6 rebounds this season.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.