Game Day: Suns(9-3) @ T-Wolves(4-8), Monday 11/15/21

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: Game Day: Suns(9-3) @ T-Wolves(4-8), Monday 11/15/21

Post by LazarusLong »

W H E W !
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Every win is beautiful.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Ugly win? Lakers got trounced by like 30 by the Wolves. It's a win!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Right now -

Warriors 11-2
Suns 10-3
Wizards 10-3
Nets 10-4
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Gritty win on the second night of a back to back. I thought Ayton was pretty good for his first game back. Our starters and especially the Book/CP3 duo carried us along with Ayton. Our bench didn't give us much again. Cam Johnson seemed to mix every shot again.

I have to say, as talented as he is, Towns is pretty aggravating to watch. He's always throwing hissy fits and he plays such bad defense. It was telling that they took him out on the last defensive possession. I really prefer a center like Ayton over Towns given our other players on the roster. And Edwards is talented but really inefficient, and he seems Westbrooky in terms of being almost as much of a net negative as positive.

NINE IN A ROW, YSMF!!!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Games like this I'm glad I have League Pass

This one would have made me throw something if I continued watching Live so I had to pause couple times during the 2nd half. I didn't even really mind the cold shooting as I expected we would make a lil run in the 2nd half. That run started with Book n Shamet making some plays and the lead going to 7 then Cam P came down and pull up for 3 with nobody else touching the ball.

That blew my mind, yung fella has some of those plays but that one really was brutal.
Another mini run to be up 6 and JaVale then had one of his moments after making a nice block but trying to lead the break. Sigh smh lol

DA was solid but I thought that the scheme to put Jae on KAT worked perfectly. DA was marking Vanderbilt or McDaniels and we were sending the double teams. Beasley hit a couple 3s but overall that was really working. Jae was Crowding KAT more (no pun intended) and obviously more adept at getting over those screens but DA struggled navigating those when he was on KAT and got caught too far off a bunch

Either way, we survived and another one for the Best Clutch Rating stats
Last edited by bajanguy008 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Yeah. After seeing KAT again tonight, like almost any game I watch him play, I don't think he's a better net gain on the court than Ayton. He requires more touches, has a pretty lackluster demeanor and plays terrible defense.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Just looked up the box score. Wow, Edwards was 2-11. Yikes. Towns ended up with 35 and 13.

I was so mad at Patrick Beverley tonight. It seemed like ten different times he was actively trying to hurt Paul or Booker. That Booker fastbreak where he hit Book's legs. A few CP3 plays where he tried to undercut him so CP3 would land on Bev's feet and hurt his ankle. And he kept hitting and bumping them every other play. Even when CP3 was shooting two FTs Bev was making jarring movements to try to make him miss and then "happening to walk by" him and muttering some kind of trash talk in his ear. Seriously, F-U-C-K that guy. Luckily it didn't work. And luckily we won't see his bitch ass in the playoffs since he's been shipped off to Timbuktu to play this year.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

That play where McGee tried to play point guard at the end of the 3rd, which led to an obvious turnover and a momentum-killing 3 had me audibly cursing at the TV. Monty clearly felt similarly because McGee didn't play again.

Anyway, good to win on what felt like a bit of a trap game when we clearly didn't have our A-game. These are the kind of wins you need for seeding purposes later in the season.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:01 pm
Just looked up the box score. Wow, Edwards was 2-11. Yikes. Towns ended up with 35 and 13.

I was so mad at Patrick Beverley tonight. It seemed like ten different times he was actively trying to hurt Paul or Booker. That Booker fastbreak where he hit Book's legs. A few CP3 plays where he tried to undercut him so CP3 would land on Bev's feet and hurt his ankle. And he kept hitting and bumping them every other play. Even when CP3 was shooting two FTs Bev was making jarring movements to try to make him miss and then "happening to walk by" him and muttering some kind of trash talk in his ear. Seriously, F-U-C-K that guy. Luckily it didn't work. And luckily we won't see his bitch ass in the playoffs since he's been shipped off to Timbuktu to play this year.
I wouldn't relax until the trade deadline. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:11 pm
That play where McGee tried to play point guard at the end of the 3rd, which led to an obvious turnover and a momentum-killing 3 had me audibly cursing at the TV. Monty clearly felt similarly because McGee didn't play again.

Anyway, good to win on what felt like a bit of a trap game when we clearly didn't have our A-game. These are the kind of wins you need for seeding purposes later in the season.
My head was listening to Shaq saying "tragic Bronson alert" during that play

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:03 pm
Death. Taxes. And Patrick Beverly being a piece of shit.
Every time I saw him I would yell “kick him in the nuts” at the TV screen. He did a very dangerous move in the 2nd half where he clipped Book’s legs out from underneath him when he was soaring to the hoop.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LazarusLong wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:10 pm
Agree ... defense is solid.

Suns shooting is colder than a well-digger's ass in Alaska ...
Ha ha. Suns played with their food tonight and almost got burned. Pretty amazing that they could shoot as poorly as they did and still win. Book and Paul were lethal in crunch time except for Book having the yips at the FT line.
"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:09 pm
djy2j wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:03 pm
Death. Taxes. And Patrick Beverly being a piece of shit.
Every time I saw him I would yell “kick him in the nuts” at the TV screen. He did a very dangerous move in the 2nd half where he clipped Book’s legs out from underneath him when he was soaring to the hoop.
I’ll never understand how players tolerate him being in the league. Every game he does some pathetic questionable action that sparks a debate on whether it’s dirty or not. So sick of it.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not pretty at all. Both teams dragging asses. Suns find a way to keep winning even when not playing well. Paul and Book took over enough at the end to save the game like they are paid to do. Time to come home.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Since when did we start calling Mikal the blade, rather than the warden? And why? Coz he's a good cutter?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:18 am
Since when did we start calling Mikal the blade, rather than the warden? And why? Coz he's a good cutter?
I’ve never called him that nor ever heard him called that.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Tom Leander, is that you?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

"Give the ball up, JaVale. Give the ball up, JAVALE. GIVE THE BALL UP, JAVALE! GIVE THE BA-F*CKKKKKK."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

That was a really good look that Russell got, for sure thought he was gonna knock that down but with 5secs left I still felt we would have pulled off the win (although history of a last second shots aren't exactly good)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)