Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Nodack »

The day you, Trump and his supporters stop being anti US Government I’ll give it up.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:53 am
One example is the Steele Dossier, it was claimed to be entirely truthful, but as we find out, it was completely made up and Sussman and Igor Danchanko have been indicted over it, and that's just the beginning. Of course, if I posted a story 3 yrs ago that said it was made up, you and others would have said it was a lying source. So, respectfully to you, what should I say to you?
Entirely made up? Republicans hired Steele to look into Trumps ties with Russia and once he got the nomination they gave up on it. Hillary then paid to keep up the investigation going even though Steele didn’t know who was funding it at that time. Clinton stopped paying for it and Steele didn’t stop because he believed in what he was doing and even shared his finding with authorities. Some of his sources were lying and the FBI who were doing their job busted them for it.
Yes, it was ENTIRELY made up. It was fabricated from conjecture, rumors and fantasy. You got to give it up.

I'm not fully sure where Durham is going, but so far it's starting to point to Clinton. Like I said before, Sussman and Danchanko won't be the last ones and it seems that the next ones will be Joe Biden’s current National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan is a likely target. Then, three former FBI officials as targets of the Durham probe: 1) former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe 2) former FBI Special Agent in the Counterintelligence Division, Peter Strzok and 3) former DOJ legal counsel to Andrew McCabe, Lisa Page.

After that, we'll see.
Did you read anything Nodack posted for sources?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:56 pm
The day you, Trump and his supporters stop being anti US Government I’ll give it up.
I'm not sure what you are referencing.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:20 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:53 am
One example is the Steele Dossier, it was claimed to be entirely truthful, but as we find out, it was completely made up and Sussman and Igor Danchanko have been indicted over it, and that's just the beginning. Of course, if I posted a story 3 yrs ago that said it was made up, you and others would have said it was a lying source. So, respectfully to you, what should I say to you?
Entirely made up? Republicans hired Steele to look into Trumps ties with Russia and once he got the nomination they gave up on it. Hillary then paid to keep up the investigation going even though Steele didn’t know who was funding it at that time. Clinton stopped paying for it and Steele didn’t stop because he believed in what he was doing and even shared his finding with authorities. Some of his sources were lying and the FBI who were doing their job busted them for it.
Yes, it was ENTIRELY made up. It was fabricated from conjecture, rumors and fantasy. You got to give it up.

I'm not fully sure where Durham is going, but so far it's starting to point to Clinton. Like I said before, Sussman and Danchanko won't be the last ones and it seems that the next ones will be Joe Biden’s current National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan is a likely target. Then, three former FBI officials as targets of the Durham probe: 1) former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe 2) former FBI Special Agent in the Counterintelligence Division, Peter Strzok and 3) former DOJ legal counsel to Andrew McCabe, Lisa Page.

After that, we'll see.
Did you read anything Nodack posted for sources?
I didn't have to read them all. I started to, couldn't read the NYT one, because it was behind a paywall, read the next 3, but realized that after looking at each one, that none of them had anything to do with the Steele Dossier. We already know that the whole thing was started and made up by Hillary, when her own campaign did voter research on what would be the most damaging subject to her own campaign. They found out that it was her ties to Uranium One and Russia were the biggest sticking point with voters. So they planned on trying to turn it around and accuse Trump of Russian Collusion. We even have pics of exactly when Brennan came to Obama in the WH and presented him with Hillary's plan to pin it on Trump. I know that Nodack is going to hold onto those news links until he dies, and his last words are going to be, "He's a Russian agent, loyal to Putin....." (this was a reference of made up scenario for comedy, and I do not think badly about Nodack in any way, nor mean to disparage him).

Did any of those people in the impeachment trial, when directly asked if they had direct evidence of Trump with Russian collusion, actually say that they did? No, they all said that they didn't. They all made shit up and when it was directly asked, they said they didn't.

Would you be surprised if the Pulitzer committee ended up retracting their awards to the journalists that won on this?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

You seem to keep (intentionally?) missing the key facts. You also keep saying Clinton started it, when that has been proven false by basically everyone.

And Trump did bow down to Putin numerous times. Look how submissive he was to him when they were on camera together. Putin didn't fight to get him elected because it would be good for America.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:30 pm
You seem to keep (intentionally?) missing the key facts. You also keep saying Clinton started it, when that has been proven false by basically everyone.

And Trump did bow down to Putin numerous times. Look how submissive he was to him when they were on camera together. Putin didn't fight to get him elected because it would be good for America.
This is complete BS. And, no it hasn't been proven false. That's ridiculous and in time you will find out that it's completely true that she started it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

You only believe what you want to believe. Check Nodack's sources. Everyone acknowledges that Steele was hired by the GOP for Oppo Research on Trump. They tried to kill it when he won the nomination (actually, before, but when it was clear he would get the nom).

Here is another one: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu ... mp-dossier

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:54 pm
You only believe what you want to believe. Check Nodack's sources. Everyone acknowledges that Steele was hired by the GOP for Oppo Research on Trump. They tried to kill it when he won the nomination (actually, before, but when it was clear he would get the nom).

Here is another one: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu ... mp-dossier
Paywall on this one too. Not "everyone acknowledges" that Steele was hired by the GOP. Fusion GPS was hired by the conservative news site Washington Free Beacon to do oppo research, but then Fusion GPS paid by Marc Elias(Clinton Lawyer) commissioned Steele, which then used Danchanko to fabricate and create the dossier. So the Washington Free Beacon started the oppo research, but then it was passed off and the dossier wasn't created by the time they weren't involved any longer.

https://founderscode.com/mook-clintons- ... and-elias/
https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics ... index.html
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dnc-clinto ... er-report/
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... mp-dossier
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... p-dossier/
https://mate.substack.com/p/indicted-cl ... rowdstrike

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Scientists mystified, wary, as Africa avoids COVID disaster
By MARIA CHENG and FARAI MUTSAKA
November 19, 2021
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 172eb01a2f

HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — At a busy market in a poor township outside Harare this week, Nyasha Ndou kept his mask in his pocket, as hundreds of other people, mostly unmasked, jostled to buy and sell fruit and vegetables displayed on wooden tables and plastic sheets. As in much of Zimbabwe, here the coronavirus is quickly being relegated to the past, as political rallies, concerts and home gatherings have returned.

“COVID-19 is gone, when did you last hear of anyone who has died of COVID-19?” Ndou said. “The mask is to protect my pocket,” he said. “The police demand bribes so I lose money if I don’t move around with a mask.” Earlier this week, Zimbabwe recorded just 33 new COVID-19 cases and zero deaths, in line with a recent fall in the disease across the continent, where World Health Organization data show that infections have been dropping since July.

When the coronavirus first emerged last year, health officials feared the pandemic would sweep across Africa, killing millions. Although it’s still unclear what COVID-19’s ultimate toll will be, that catastrophic scenario has yet to materialize in Zimbabwe or much of the continent.

Scientists emphasize that obtaining accurate COVID-19 data, particularly in African countries with patchy surveillance, is extremely difficult, and warn that declining coronavirus trends could easily be reversed.

But there is something “mysterious” going on in Africa that is puzzling scientists, said Wafaa El-Sadr, chair of global health at Columbia University. “Africa doesn’t have the vaccines and the resources to fight COVID-19 that they have in Europe and the U.S., but somehow they seem to be doing better,” she said.

Fewer than 6% of people in Africa are vaccinated. For months, the WHO has described Africa as “one of the least affected regions in the world” in its weekly pandemic reports.

Spoiler: show/hide

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The low number of COVID cases in Africa may also just be a lack of testing. You can't report cases if you don't test and confirm their existence.

https://www.afro.who.int/news/six-seven ... ted-africa

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You could probably argue that the low number of covid deaths is also due to lack of testing. I would think you would look at "excess deaths" to get a better look though.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's another new COVID variant on the horizon, and they say it's a deadly one. It comes out of South Africa. They say it is even more virulent than Delta, and it has several mutations to its "spike" protein, which is what the vaccine antibodies bond to, which may mean that it could bypass our vaccine immunity (though that remains to be seen). Yipes!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I saw that. It has totally spooked the planet overnight. Stocks down 900 points. Travel from Africa banned. The Covid nightmare doesn’t want to go away. A good friend of ours is on a ventilator with Covid and it isn’t looking good. He was an anti vaccine guy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sorry to hear that Nodack. It's not a good sign that he went on a ventilator.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He didn’t make it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:59 pm
He didn’t make it.
:( Very sorry to hear it, Nodack. Condolences. This virus is a nasty one and has affected so many of us in a personal way.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
He didn’t make it.
I'm sorry, that's horrible.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
He didn’t make it.
Very sorry to hear...

3rdside

Coronavirus

Post by 3rdside »

Sorry to hear that bro …

Nodack