Rittenhouse trial

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Rittenhouse trial

Post by Mori Chu »

Any of you folks following this trial? It feels to me like they're going to find him Not Guilty. The prosecution is bungling some parts of the case, and the judge is kind of a wacko. And of course the bar is and should be high for convicting someone of such a serious crime.

Superbone

Re: Rittenhouse trial

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, I watched him cry on the stand yesterday. Dude just wanted to shoot his guns. Went to another city to protect rando businesses.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is like out of a coen bros movie.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Was this the part where the prosecution was trying to make a case that Rittenhouse was pointing the gun at the crowd?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Well, he was acquitted on all counts. It is what it is. Now he can be a hero for gun toting right wingers everywhere who fantasize about murdering BLM protestors.

Indy

Post by Indy »

That is exactly what it does. Because most people don't watch closely enough (or care enough) to realize how the judge handled the case, and what he kept the jury from seeing/hearing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:27 pm
That is exactly what it does. Because most people don't watch closely enough (or care enough) to realize how the judge handled the case, and what he kept the jury from seeing/hearing.
What did you see the Judge do that swayed this verdict and was obviously partial towards Rittenhouse instead of impartial?

Were you impartial on this before watching closely and following the trial?

Do you think anyone else involved in the trial could be to blame for the verdict?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The verdict will embolden more armed right wingers to bring assault rifles to confront protesters they don’t approve of and end up shooting a lot more people in “self defense”.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:19 pm
The verdict will embolden more armed right wingers to bring assault rifles to confront protesters they don’t approve of and end up shooting a lot more people in “self defense”.
Another step towards civil war

Indy

Post by Indy »

I wish there were a button to show I completely agree with a post, and simultaneously hating it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It would take American politicians leading America with honor and integrity who believe in “United We Stand” more than “United We Stand “ against the other half of America. I don’t see that ever happening in my lifetime. Politicians today want us to hate the other side and actively promote that hate.

I have been trying to think ahead and have been wondering my options if things turn bad and the shooting starts. One side seems giddy with anticipation for that day.