Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 12 (1/3-1/9)

Post by In2ition »

Unless he's shooting like Terrance Mann when he's wide open, it's going to be tough to play him at the 4, because his best move is as a roll man. It's not the easiest change to make. As a 4, you have to be able to shoot, and then when you are considered a threat, be able to put the ball on the floor and attack closeouts, while keeping your eyes open to make the pass if necessary.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He's not a 4 in the Suns (Monty's) system. I don't know why Monty is doing this to himself.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think Monty’s saying that’s the only place he has for him in the rotation.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I would have wholeheartedly agreed on the Plz don't try back kid at the 4 but now I wondering if it was indeed more a reps and confidence issue than skillset. There are concerns with him at the 4 but I don't think we get back to the he looks like a liability out there type games.

Bottom line as I said in the Game Day thread tho is that I not even sure what to do with the centers. I have loved JaVale this year and here saying I don't think Biyombo should only get minutes in blowouts going forward that maybe Monty rotates the two ??

Does Monty try the Jevon/Gallo/Moore thing from last year ?
That had mixed results too I guess but at least each guy got a stretch of games in the rotation but that's y I'm chilling at my house and Monty will figure it out :)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I do have a clear opinion on my boy though 😊 8-)

I think Jae should go right back into the starting lineup.

The team's message to Cam has been the same for some time now. Play with confidence, just let it fly - "We need you to shoot more". Before this stretch of play with Book out then Jae, he would show the flashes and there would always be the post game sound bytes of Monty referencing his shot attempts

Cam recently said how they've been quarrelling with him about not shooting enough. So yes his production has gone up in starter minutes but I believe his mindset has totally changed now and that's more important than if he starts or not.

Most of us are concerned with Cam P and lots of that has to do with him being the spark plugs/ scorer for the 2nd unit. He hasn't been efficient at it this year so Cam J should look to continue doing his thing and ease that burden. Isn't that what most of us have wanted or hoped for ??

That there's another consistent scorer off the bench ?
In that sense Jae is better with the starters and let Cam play with the bench alongside either CP3 n Book and continue to be aggressive looking to score
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 pm
I just think offensively his value comes from rolling to the rim…he’ll be standing in the corner if Ayton is on the court setting the pick. He can still provide some value on the boards though.
Not if he is standing in the corner or guarding a 4 on the perimeter at the other end.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well perhaps not, I guess we’ll see

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:00 pm
IT wants in?
IT didn't play very well for the Lakers in his short stint there this year. He shot .308, then he went to Dallas for 1 game, then they cut him, too. I feel like both of those teams need guard depth in the worst way; if he had "it," one of them would have kept him.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ais02.html

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I wasn’t suggesting we bring him in. I believe he got Covid as soon as he showed up in Dallas so that’s why he didn’t stay

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

She finally did it. Today is "votes count as double" day. So far has collected 1250 retweets/votes x 2, in the first 20 mins. Devin should be up near the top where he belongs in no time hopefully.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

He'd need 500,000 retweets to pass Luka assuming Luka gets no more votes.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Valley jerseys are on sale again

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

She also should have said something about retweeting her tweet to help him out, so they might be confused on what they are supposed to do.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:07 am
She also should have said something about retweeting her tweet to help him out, so they might be confused on what they are supposed to do.
Yeah, I thought about that since most of her followers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:05 am
He'd need 500,000 retweets to pass Luka assuming Luka gets no more votes.
Certainly has ground to make up but she's up to 3,371x2 votes in one hours time. He could potentially add 161,000 votes today just from 1 person's tweet. That's on top of whatever else comes in. I'm not sure if there are other celebrities pushing for votes for other guards in the West but this could become a closer race for the spot next to Curry if the Kardashian clan enters the fray.

Edit: She has now done an Instagram push. This horse is picking up speed.
Last edited by djy2j on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How do we know the Kardashian clan didn't curse Devin last night to play terrible against the Clippers?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:25 am
How do we know the Kardashian clan didn't curse Devin last night to play terrible against the Clippers?
Listen, they surely did. That family has the lead touch when it comes to other human beings. BUT he could shoot 5-22 and still win every game and it wouldn't matter then.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

djy2j wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:27 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:25 am
Listen, they surely did. That family has the lead touch when it comes to other human beings. BUT he could shoot 5-22 and still win every game and it wouldn't matter then.
The shots he was missing, you could see him wonder if the Monstars stole his talent.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Whenever Book has a bad game he follows it up with a monster game.

I am excited about Stix’s play of late. We watched him get very spotty limited minutes in blowouts for 2 minutes at a time for two years and he didn’t show much. I never for ed a real opinion of him because he never played enough to form an opinion. They didn’t pick up his option. It looked like he was a bust. Then he was forced into real minutes because of Covid and has blossomed and showed me at least he has game. He seems to be great at getting offensive rebounds.

I agree we are short on guards and heavy on centers. I am ok with trading Saric for help. Packaging him with Stix? I don’t know if Stix’s value right now is as high as his potential is. I would rather keep him around and give him some real minutes and see if he becomes the player I suspect he could be. His value could explode and we could get more for him or even keep him. It just seems like unloading him now after he has showed promise would be a waste. I see 4 centers on our roster not 6. Frank is a center but he isn’t helping on the bench injured and may not make it back this year. Trade him? He’s on a minimum deal. Not much trade value there. Saric isn’t a center imo. He’s a slow PF who can’t jump over a nickel but, can distribute well. He’s been injured a lot and I don’t know what his trade value is right now. I like having 4 real centers. I don’t know if the Suns have ever been this loaded at center in my lifetime. Foul trouble? No problem.

Justin Jackson looked better in the last game. He shook off some of those first game jitters. I wonder if he could work out as another BU shooting guard for the season?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 am

Valley jerseys are on sale again
Thanks. I'm now on the list.
"Be Legendary."