The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
virtual9mm

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by virtual9mm »

Should provide a taste

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Thanks
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Welcome and enjoy

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
3rdside wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:37 am
if Biden agreed to drop J6 investigations he maybe could have got some R’s to vote for his BBB bill.
1) Yeah, right. 2) Why should these things be linked? "If you promise to vote for some bill I want to pass, I will corruptly tell my DOJ to stop trying to enact justice as they see fit." Honestly that'd be inappropriate for the President to try to offer such a thing, and immoral to link two such things together.
That’s politics, no?

Though I overlooked the fact the DOJ are acting independently..

It’s a slightly strange article from the SMH as they’re pretty liberal and generally anti-trump.

Republicans seem to think Biden should handle Republicans with kid gloves and not say anything critical of them or Trump or it might be perceived as dividing the country. Republicans and Trump didn’t operate under those restrictions. Trump and Republicans called Dems the enemy of the people daily while Trump was President. They went way out of their way to insult and divide. Dems need to stop being nice. Nice isn’t going to win over a single Republican.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh my gosh, the Dems are now going to be mean? That's just uncalled for, as they have been so dang nice and now I don't know what the Reps will do with that type of rhetoric coming their way. I'm sure the Reps might be crying in the corner telling them to stop soon.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They won’t be mean. They are always too nice. Republicans don’t have those restrictions. Republicans won’t be crying, they are too busy plotting the demise of Democracy to worry about feelings.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Lol, you're joking with me now. Stop, Nodack...stop. Haha, this is just too much. You're so funny.

These posts of "My party are saint like, and the other party are evil doing demons :twisted: that want to tear down the fabric of the US." are just too much.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Republicans DID try to overturn the last election by pressuring local state officials to ignore the votes and just certify Trump as the winner. They refused. Republicans ARE replacing those people with Trump supporters to ensure they can overturn election results next time. Do you disagree? If Republican election officials did ignore the vote tallies and just certify Trump as the winner wouldn’t that be evil and tear at the fabric of the US? They aren’t being sneaky about it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So you think that the people who are pushing to get rid of RINO establishment Reps and support more of the will of the people who they are supposed to be representing is somehow illegal or never been done before? You believe that constitutional measure to challenge the electoral votes is somehow not constitutional? You know that challenging the results happened by many Dems during the certification of the 2016 election, including Jamie Raskin, right? You're all up in arms about something that is actual citizens doing their lawful right. I feel like I'm in bizarro world with some of these posts. You should get off you own butt and go demand that they all get arrested for hurting your feelings or what you think is somehow illegal. Go make a claim and try to file charges with Katie Hobbs.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

RINO = Moderate Republican

You completely ignored what I posted and post a bunch of crap. Republicans are replacing election officials with Trump supporters who WILL overturn the next election results if Trump loses in those states. That’s not a RINO thing or a patriotic thing. It’s just evil and wrong and WILL destroy our Democracy.

Indy

Post by Indy »

holy shit you actually believe that what they were doing is right and justified. I think that answered your question, v9.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:18 pm
holy shit you actually believe that what they were doing is right and justified. I think that answered your question, v9.
Is it not their right to challenge electorates? Do you somehow think that was unprecedented? There has been ample annomolies of things that have looked like fraud had happened.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:17 pm

You completely ignored what I posted and post a bunch of crap. Republicans are replacing election officials with Trump supporters who WILL overturn the next election results if Trump loses in those states. That’s not a RINO thing or a patriotic thing. It’s just evil and wrong and WILL destroy our Democracy.
RINO does not equal Moderate Republican. It equals Establishment Democrat masquerading as Republican.

I ignored some of it because it was just silly, as you think everything they do is somehow "...evil and wrong and WILL destroy our Democracy." Like I said, get down to the Capital, call your reps, demand that they arrest these people and get back to me and let me know how that went.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:52 pm
Nodack wrote:

RINO does not equal Moderate Republican. It equals Establishment Democrat masquerading as Republican.

I ignored some of it because it was just silly, as you think everything they do is somehow "...evil and wrong and WILL destroy our Democracy." Like I said, get down to the Capital, call your reps, demand that they arrest these people and get back to me and let me know how that went.
RINO does not equal Moderate Republican to you. I totally get that. I just totally disagree with you.

Replacing election officials with Trump yes men for the specific purpose of thwarting the next election results is evil and anti-Democratic. They ARE doing it and it has been widely reported by dozens of places and everyone in Washington, Dems and Cons know it’s true.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:52 pm
Nodack wrote:

RINO does not equal Moderate Republican to you. I totally get that. I just totally disagree with you.

Replacing election officials with Trump yes men for the specific purpose of thwarting the next election results is evil and anti-Democratic. They ARE doing it and it has been widely reported by dozens of places and everyone in Washington, Dems and Cons know it’s true.
I'm much closer to this than you are. Would you take my word on what is going on in the Dem political circles? Of course you shouldn't, as I have no idea what is happening day to day in the Dems local political circles. I have many people close to me that are involved very closely with what is going on in the Rep side. "Widely reported" is just saying that every Left controlled media service is telling me that this is happening. These aren't "Trump yes men", and they aren't cronies as you try to frame them. These are everyday people that have been out of the political engine, but have been inspired to take action on what they see is going on and wrong. Demonize them all you want, but it's just absolutely wrong. You're just believing a bunch of lies that are being pushed down your throat and speaking out of manufactured fear, just repeating these lies. I know you're not like that, so I can only guess where it's coming from. Dems and Cons in Washington are so out of touch on what is going on outside of that bubble of Washington.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t live in Dem circles or Con circles. I read the news. Yes, I know, all news is fake everywhere on planet earth to a right winger except for right wing extremist sites. I could post a dozens of articles from dozens of different sources that all say the exact same thing but, you will just claim they are all lying so why bother?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Everybody who's sticking with the Republican party is ending up defending 1/6 and defending overturning elections. It's their primary focus for 2024. They must be stopped at any and all costs.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They have to do whatever Trumps wants them to do or face the Maga wrath.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:25 pm
Everybody who's sticking with the Republican party is ending up defending 1/6 and defending overturning elections. It's their primary focus for 2024. They must be stopped at any and all costs.
Seems ominous. Are you saying that someone should do something highly illegal and immoral?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:45 pm
I don’t live in Dem circles or Con circles. I read the news. Yes, I know, all news is fake everywhere on planet earth to a right winger except for right wing extremist sites. I could post a dozens of articles from dozens of different sources that all say the exact same thing but, you will just claim they are all lying so why bother?
I'm just saying that being close to people in that particular situation, it's total bull crap, but whatever.