Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, so wear a non-cloth mask, an N95.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:07 pm
I just got a bunch of these this week. I’m going back into the office with some flex benefits.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:12 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:51 pm
They specifically say in the article that "if she means hospitalized" it is wildly inaccurate. But she didn't say hospitalized. She said "We have over 100,000 children, which we’ve never had before, in serious condition and many on ventilators.”

And the article you shared also says, "So Sotomayor is not wrong to suggest the rate of pediatric admissions is cause for concern. On Monday, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported a sharp rise in pediatric cases, with many of the children unvaccinated."

I agree that she was not very clear in her point, and needed to be more specific. Still not sure how that makes her a goon?
https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_argum ... 4_kifl.pdf

From the transcript, emphasis added

"JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: -- counsel, those numbers show that Omicron is as deadly and causes as much serious disease in the unvaccinated as Delta did. The numbers, look at the hospitalization rates that are going on. We have more affected people in the country today than we had a year ago in January. We have hospitals that are almost at full capacity with people severely ill on ventilators. We have over 100,000 children which we've never had before, in -- in serious condition and many on ventilators."

The term "serious condition" is used to describe a patients status in a hospital.

First hit on Google:

Serious - Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable. Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious.
I agree that she should have used a different word because many people associate the word serious with hospitalization. Which is why all of the social media buzz started quoting her saying she said "hospitalized" even when she didn't.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:14 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
I just got a bunch of these this week. I’m going back into the office with some flex benefits.
I had to travel right before Omicron blew up (actually already blew up, but we didn't know what it was called yet) and bought some KN95 masks for the trip since I was going to be on a plane for hours. I paid $14.44 for 50 masks. The same masks are now 59.99.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is this misinformation or should we be mindful that this could be a problem? Take it however you like. I don't know the answer.

EU Warns Repeat Boosters Could Weaken Immune System
ByIrina Anghel
January 11, 2022, 10:10 AM MST

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... m-ema-says

European Union regulators warned that frequent Covid-19 booster shots could adversely affect the immune system and may not be feasible.

Repeat booster doses every four months could eventually weaken the immune system and tire out people, according to the European Medicines Agency. Instead, countries should leave more time between booster programs and tie them to the onset of the cold season in each hemisphere, following the blueprint set out by influenza vaccination strategies, the agency said.

The advice comes as some countries consider the possibility of offering people second booster shots in a bid to provide further protection against surging omicron infections. Earlier this month Israel became the first nation to start administering a second booster, or fourth shot, to those over 60. The U.K. has said that boosters are providing good levels of protection and there is no need for a second booster shot at the moment, but will review data as it evolves.

Boosters “can be done once, or maybe twice, but it’s not something that we can think should be repeated constantly,” Marco Cavaleri, the EMA head of biological health threats and vaccines strategy, said at a press briefing on Tuesday. “We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting.”

The EU regulator also said at the briefing that oral and intravenous antivirals, such as Paxlovid and Remdesivir, maintain their efficacy against omicron. The agency said that April is the soonest it could approve a new vaccine targeting a specific variant, as the process takes about three to four months. Some of the world’s largest vaccine-makers have said they are looking at producing vaccines that could target new variants.

— With assistance by April Roach
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:20 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:14 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
I had to travel right before Omicron blew up (actually already blew up, but we didn't know what it was called yet) and bought some KN95 masks for the trip since I was going to be on a plane for hours. I paid $14.44 for 50 masks. The same masks are now 59.99.
Yep, I just paid 90 for 60!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

holy shit. I am glad I bought 250 when I did.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Lol, isn't that what I got ridiculed on here for a year and a half ago? For saying that non-N95 masks are not effective?

And for mandates, what is the point of a mask mandate if it's not an N95 mask mandate?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:26 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Lol, isn't that what I got ridiculed on here for a year and a half ago? For saying that non-N95 masks are not effective?

And for mandates, what is the point of a mask mandate if it's not an N95 mask mandate?
Yes you did.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Cloth masks help. They double your protection over nothing. Effective isn't just a yes/no measure.

And honestly, nothing really protects you much if the infected person is maskless.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:59 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Yes you did.
Deservedly so.

Surgical masks are effective. Cloth masks help prevent high viral load droplets.

If you’re doing anything aerosolizing, you need an N95.

This has been our policy at the hospital from the start. And it’s been effective.

Just dumb and dumber prefer to learn from YouTube about things they have zero actual training on.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:54 pm
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Yes you did.
Deservedly so.

Surgical masks are effective. Cloth masks help prevent high viral load droplets.

This has been our policy at the hospital from the start. And it’s been effective.

Just dumb and dumber prefer to learn from YouTube about things they have zero actual training on.
We are talking about during surgery, right? They are for keeping bacteria from dropping into open wounds, correct? This is what we are all wearing everywhere, and even worse, the cloth masks on planes. Are we keeping others from getting bacteria on the planes, or just collecting bacteria on our otherwise disgusting masks?

Obviously N95 masks are more effective. No one is claiming that they aren't. I'm glad you've gotten the actual training to become certified and added Industrial Hygienist to your title, sauce.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:07 pm
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Yes you did.
Deservedly so.

We are talking about during surgery, right? They are for keeping bacteria from dropping into open wounds, correct? This is what we are all wearing everywhere, and even worse, the cloth masks on planes. Are we keeping others from getting bacteria on the planes, or just collecting bacteria on our otherwise disgusting masks?

Obviously N95 masks are more effective. No one is claiming that they aren't. I'm glad you've gotten the actual training to become certified and added Industrial Hygienist to your title, sauce.
Okay buddy. Keep YouTubing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:22 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Yes you did.
Deservedly so.

Keep being saucy, Doc. ;)
All love.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:30 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:22 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Yes you did.
Deservedly so.

Keep being saucy, Doc. ;)
All love.
Lol. *salty

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"Doomed To Fail" - Top Immunologist Blasts Global COVID Response Driven By "False Propaganda"
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
WEDNESDAY, JAN 12, 2022 - 12:45 PM

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/doom ... propaganda

Via Swiss Policy Research,

Professor Ehud Qimron, head of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Tel Aviv University and one of the leading Israeli immunologists, has written an open letter sharply criticizing the Israeli – and indeed global – management of the coronavirus pandemic.

Original letter in Hebrew: N12 News (January 6, 2022); translated by Google/SPR. See also: Professor Qimron’s prediction from August 2020: “History will judge the hysteria” (INN).

∗ ∗ ∗

Ministry of Health, it’s time to admit failure
In the end, the truth will always be revealed, and the truth about the coronavirus policy is beginning to be revealed. When the destructive concepts collapse one by one, there is nothing left but to tell the experts who led the management of the pandemic – we told you so.

Two years late, you finally realize that a respiratory virus cannot be defeated and that any such attempt is doomed to fail. You do not admit it, because you have admitted almost no mistake in the last two years, but in retrospect it is clear that you have failed miserably in almost all of your actions, and even the media is already having a hard time covering your shame.

You refused to admit that the infection comes in waves that fade by themselves, despite years of observations and scientific knowledge. You insisted on attributing every decline of a wave solely to your actions, and so through false propaganda “you overcame the plague.” And again you defeated it, and again and again and again.

Spoiler: show/hide

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Can you be any more heartless, Canada?
Ronald McDonald House Site to Relocate All Tenants Over 5 Who Aren't Vaccinated
Emma Mayer 6 hrs ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ro ... ar-AASIeKX

A Ronald McDonald House in British Columbia is under scrutiny after a notice was sent to all tenants stating that anyone over the age of 5 who remains unvaccinated by the end of January will be relocated to alternative housing, CityNews reported.

The Ronald McDonald House Charities, whose largest corporate partner is the McDonald's restaurant chain, is a nonprofit organization that provides sick children and their families a place to stay close to medical facilities. The charitable organization's British Columbia and Yukon branch (RMHBC) is located in Vancouver.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, this guy is seeing the writing on the wall it seems.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

More Canadian news

Thousands sign up for 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine as Quebec threatens to tax the unvaxxed

Rachel Lau
CTVNewsMontreal.ca Digital Reporter
@rachel_lau Contact

Published Wednesday, January 12, 2022 8:26AM EST
Last Updated Wednesday, January 12, 2022 11:32AM EST
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/thou ... 36806?s=09

More than 7,000 people registered for their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine Tuesday, amid threats by Quebec officials to tax the unvaccinated.

"Our highest in several days," tweeted Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé, noting that 5,000 appointments were also made on Monday. "This is encouraging."

Dubé notes the appointments were made across all the age groups, and 107,000 doses of vaccine were administered Tuesday alone.

The same day, Quebec Premier François Legault announced the province will impose a "significant" penalty on people who refuse to be vaccinated against COVID-19 for non-medical reasons.

Legault called the measure a "health care contribution," adding that he is in consultations with his finance minister and legal advisers to determine how much the fines could be.

The premier already argued $50 or $100 "is not significant" enough for him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »