Wordle

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Mori Chu

Wordle

Post by Mori Chu »

Do any of you do Wordle? Do we want a thread where we post our mad daily Wordle skills? Or is that lame nowadays?

Nodack

Re: Wordle

Post by Nodack »

Never heard of it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

it is lame and of course we should. I suck at it. I have played ~50 times and already lost twice.

I just started playing quordle (or however it is spelled) this week and that if fun too.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I like worldle as well

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm a wordler. Been doing it daily for a long time now. Never missed. Had a couple in two.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I must have been living under a rock.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

And I thought Wordle was a Pokemon.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You guys made me look it up.

Wordle is a web-based word game developed by Josh Wardle. Players have six attempts to guess a five-letter word, with feedback given for each guess in the form of colored tiles indicating when letters match or occupy the correct position. The mechanics are nearly identical to the 1955 pen-and-paper game Jotto and the US television game show Lingo. Wordle has a single daily solution, with all players attempting to guess the same word.

Wardle initially created the game for himself and his partner to play, eventually making it public in October 2021. The game gained a large amount of popularity in December 2021 after Wardle added the ability for players to copy their daily results as emoji squares, which were widely shared on Twitter. Many clones and variations of the game were also created, as were versions in languages besides English. The game was purchased by The New York Times Company in January 2022 for an undisclosed seven-figure sum, with plans to keep it free for all players; it was moved to their website in February 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wordle 247 3/6

⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨
🟨⬛🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

For those who want to give it a shot:

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

There were some ridiculous British words last week that I fumbled. This damn game! I guess even though I lost my streak, at least I learned what Swill and Tacit are. If you got both of those words right, you're full of shit and must be using some sort of cheat or reference when playing. I have a friend that messages me daily with his results, always in 2 or 3 tries. Even Swill and Tacit. Fuck that cheating friend of mine.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wordle 247 3/6

🟩⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:17 am
There were some ridiculous British words last week that I fumbled. This damn game! I guess even though I lost my streak, at least I learned what Swill and Tacit are. If you got both of those words right, you're full of shit and must be using some sort of cheat or reference when playing. I have a friend that messages me daily with his results, always in 2 or 3 tries. Even Swill and Tacit. Fuck that cheating friend of mine.
He's not cheating, dude. I got those too. Swill was the only combination left when I got there. Tacit is a musical term.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:04 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
He's not cheating, dude. I got those too. Swill was the only combination left when I got there. Tacit is a musical term.
I've noted Ernie and Bone are cheaters.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, tacit and swill didn't seem like strange words to me. They make it harder when there are repeat letters, though. I missed swill because I hadn't used a k, p, or w by my last guess, and I went with skill instead of spill or swill.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:53 am
Yeah, tacit and swill didn't seem like strange words to me. They make it harder when there are repeat letters, though. I missed swill because I hadn't used a k, p, or w by my last guess, and I went with skill instead of spill or swill.
Making a note that Indy is an elitist word snob...

Split T

Post by Split T »

I also got swill and tacit, but they were tough, swill especially as it’s not a word I know. I had eliminated every other option by guess 6 though so it was just process of elimination

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:52 pm
I also got swill and tacit, but they were tough, swill especially as it’s not a word I know. I had eliminated every other option by guess 6 though so it was just process of elimination
A man of luck that leverages elimination. I like your style. A tisket, a tacit, a yellow-colored basket. I guess I should have known that one since it's an old nursery rhyme.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:04 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
I've noted Ernie and Bone are cheaters.
I can't believe anything from a guy with an avatar that looks like that! :P
"Be Legendary."