Game Day: Suns (1-0) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 2, Wed 05/04/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Game Day: Suns (1-0) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 2, Wed 05/04/22

Post by In2ition »

Looking at Luka from afar, it feels like Book would have asked out if they picked him instead of Ayton. You have to be a certain type of player that fully accepts another man getting ALL the praise, while if he fails, you get the blame. I don't think that Book wanted to play the cuck to Luka's faulty self.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day: Suns (1-0) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 2, Wed 05/04/22

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I also think there's some truth to the rumors of Booker asking them to draft Ayton at that time, and I can't really fault him for it if true.

Also the 2018 version of Booker was a bit different than the guy we see now. There was still a lot of people on the "Point Book" bandwagon who wanted him to be more like Harden or Mitchell, so maybe he was in his head. I think Ricky Rubio and Monty really got him going in the right direction and lead him to embrace his best role as well-rounded offensive player.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.