Game Day: Suns (2-0) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 3, Wed 05/06/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Suns (2-0) vs Mavs, WCSF Game 3, Wed 05/06/22

Post by Split T »

Every player at times thinks they don’t foul, or the refs miss when they get fouled, but I’m not sure anyone does it more than Luka

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I still can't commit an hour plus to watch the game but this box score still has me
I remember seeing something before the series about Mavs D and it's ability to take away CP3 and Book midrange will be a key in the series. I did see Book getting blitzed a bunch and not allowed to turn the corner, seeing that he went 4/6 from 3pt but only took 13 shots in total playing 40mins

That obviously isn't as crazy an anomaly as CP3 turnovers but Book hitting from deep like that 99% of the time means he's doing more work inside the 3pt line after the D looks to play up on him more.
So that has me thinking that Mavs probably did take away some of our primary actions
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not worried about this loss. We just got complacent and thought if they just roll the ball out there that we'd win. Now they know they have to fight. We're good but we're not that good. If we fight and give them our best shot, I think we still win this in 5. We'll see a more aggressive Suns team on Sunday.
"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:20 am
Wild

What a big pussy. I look forward to bouncin' him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:03 am
Is it too early to be done with Payne?
He's been horrendous in the playoffs. My biggest worry about the team so far in the postseason; without him playing well, we really struggle with our offense during times when CP3 and/or Book are resting. My second-biggest worry is that most of our wings seem to be super streaky and inconsistent with their 3-point shooting, especially on the road. We'll have to improve if we want the title.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:50 pm
I’m not too worried about it. Suns in 5. Would be nice to finish a series on our home court for a change.
It hasn't happened since May 2, 2007.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 5:51 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
He's been horrendous in the playoffs. My biggest worry about the team so far in the postseason; without him playing well, we really struggle with our offense during times when CP3 and/or Book are resting. My second-biggest worry is that most of our wings seem to be super streaky and inconsistent with their 3-point shooting, especially on the road. We'll have to improve if we want the title.
Remember when we thought we got a deal on his contract?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:08 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:50 pm
I’m not too worried about it. Suns in 5. Would be nice to finish a series on our home court for a change.
It hasn't happened since May 2, 2007.
That's quite the streak.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
He's been horrendous in the playoffs. My biggest worry about the team so far in the postseason; without him playing well, we really struggle with our offense during times when CP3 and/or Book are resting.
It's nothing to worry about. Just bench him and play Holiday instead. Simple. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Mori Chu wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
It’s ridiculous. I’ve been whining about not having an Eric Gordron or Patty Mills type guys off the bench leading up to the trade deadline. It feels almost too late to throw Holiday in the mix. IDK. For now I just hope Payne can find his groove before the WCFs.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:02 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
It’s ridiculous. I’ve been whining about not having an Eric Gordron or Patty Mills type guys off the bench leading up to the trade deadline. We can get by if Payne is rolling or getting his teammates involved but they’ve never really found their groove. It feels almost too late to throw Holiday in the mix. IDK. For now I just hope Payne can find his groove before the WCFs.
THere is no way we get back to the Finals if Payne doesn't find that groove. We can't expect Paul to be a god every game.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He was pretty good in Game 2, but literally everyone was good in that game. Besides that, his best game in these playoffs was Game 5 against the Pels when he fouled out in 12 minutes.

His biggest problem has been fouling recently which is bizarre because he didn't really have that issue in the previous playoffs. He's gotten a bad whistle a few times, but he also makes dumb swipes at the ball. He also rarely shot the Suns into a hole during the last playoffs like he is now. I thought there was a chance he could be groomed to take over for Paul, but I don't think that's at all possible anymore.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 11:48 pm
He was pretty good in Game 2, but literally everyone was good in that game. Besides that, his best game in these playoffs was Game 5 against the Pels when he fouled out in 12 minutes.

His biggest problem has been fouling recently which is bizarre because he didn't really have that issue in the previous playoffs. He's gotten a bad whistle a few times, but he also makes dumb swipes at the ball. He also rarely shot the Suns into a hole during the last playoffs like he is now. I thought there was a chance he could be groomed to take over for Paul, but I don't think that's at all possible anymore.
FF, you’re up. We’ve got a game in less than 12 hours and there’s no game day thread. Game starts at 12:30 pm PT on ESPN.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Suns numbers. Click the playoffs tab for playoff stats

https://www.basketball-reference.com/te ... /2022.html