Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by Nodack »

One of the worst persons I can imagine is Trump and he is the leader of the Republican party and worshipped by a loyal cult following. Maybe Dems are crazy and Trump is a great guy and not an evil narcissistic serial lying racist sexual predator ego maniac draft dodging tax evading russian puppet con man criminal traitor extortionist cult leader they all think he is. Maybe Dems are wrong to think Conservatives believe Dem leaders are alien lizard people who worship the devil and eat babies in between selling children out of pizza shops.

What is the Conservative perspective on health care, the Russian/Ukrainian war, environment, taxes, Covid, lgbt etc? The Dems think you guy have no perspective on health care as in meaning you don’t want to do anything. No plans, no ideas, you just know you hate Obamacare. The Dems are confused by the Conservative stance on Russia. Half seem to think we should be a lot tougher in Russia and that Biden has been too weak. The other half seem to sympathize with Russia and don’t want us interfering. Covid? The Dems see the Republicans stance as just ignoring it and avoiding doing anything any expert says. Trumps Covid shot? No way? My mother summed up what the Dems think the Con stance is on blacks. “They should all back to Africa where they belong”. Taxes? The Dems believe that Cons believe in trickle down economics. Keep lowering taxes and the rich will trickle down money and our debt will pay for itself somehow.

Indy

Post by Indy »

point out anything I said as untrue. no hyperbole.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Everything you said was bs.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

I assumed you couldn't point out anything I said was inaccurate. Surprise surprise.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Russia appears to confuse ‘The Sims’ for SIM cards in possible staged assassination attempt

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/russia-ap ... n-attempt/
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

They are just trying to stop the biolabs!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's hilarious.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Indy wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:03 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:51 am
You misspelled Democrats.
They fight voting rights (which leads to all of these previous issues).
Tell me Indy is requiring to show ID "fight(ing)" voting rights?

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:26 pm
Indy wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:03 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:51 am
You misspelled Democrats.
They fight voting rights (which leads to all of these previous issues).
Tell me Indy is requiring to show ID "fight(ing)" voting rights?
That would depend on what it takes to get the ID. Is the place easily accessible without a car or having to pay for public transport? Is it open during non-traditional business hours? Does it cost money to get the ID? Is there any requirement to obtain the ID besides being a citizen (or resident depending on the election)?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lol

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nice. I still play the game World of Tanks a lot and now it seems different. I think of Ukraine and Russia every time I play.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is one of the biggest Freudian slips I have ever seen in my life. I almost can't believe it legitimately happened and is not a joke or prank.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I was going to post the exact same tweet. Finally saying the truth I see.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He is a war criminal. It is crazy how many US presidents we can say that about. All parties, going back to Washington.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Somebody should throw a shoe at that guy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Oops

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is Putin near death? Impossible to really confirm, but an interesting possibility.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There has been a crap load of news about all the different ailments Putin supposedly has. This is the first high level US acknowledgment I have heard. Now him attacking Ukraine and threatening nuclear armageddon makes more sense and makes all of this even more scary.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

US confirms military hackers have conducted cyber operations in support of Ukraine
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/politics ... index.html
Cyber Command, the US military's hacking unit, has conducted offensive cyber operations in support of Ukraine as it defends itself against Russia's invasion, the head of the command has confirmed.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Kind of an escalation directly targeting them even if it’s only cyber. That and the new longer range weapons we are giving Ukraine isn’t going to make Putin happy. We are playing a very high stakes game with Putin.

I have spent a lot of time this week watching military documentaries due to Memorial Day. Right now people are freaking out over high gas prices, inflation, maybe the prospect of a recession, illegal aliens or someone sending in a ballot from their dead mother. After seeing so many documentaries on war and what it can do to a country and it’s people and knowing Putin could rain down nukes on the country, I am a lot more worried about nuclear Armageddon, which would be infinitely worse than high gas prices and a shortage of baby formula.

We are playing a very high stakes game of poker with Putin and right now he’s getting pretty desperate and if the story is true of his advanced cancer diagnosis then he might be kind of a loose cannon. If he knows he’s going to die and has a chance to take a lot of enemies with him he might just be crazy enough to go all in. He has already survived one assassination attempt. Best case is a coup and a Russian retreat. Worst case is global nuclear war and the world as we know it ends.