Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

An interesting story about a 64-year-old woman who caught COVID while speaking at a small conference. It's still out there, and it's still hard to avoid it even if you're being as careful as possible.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I personally have heard from about 20 co-workers that came down with it in the last 2 weeks. All never had it before, and were vaccinated and boosted.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:49 am
I personally have heard from about 20 co-workers that came down with it in the last 2 weeks. All never had it before, and were vaccinated and boosted.
I still haven't gotten it but that fits in with my belief that it is inevitable. Like the flu.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

By the way, I was in three different arenas at three different sporting events in two states in the last two weeks, including the sold out Game 5 of the Pelicans series, and still didn't get it.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:56 am
By the way, I was in three different arenas at three different sporting events in two states in the last two weeks, including the sold out Game 5 of the Pelicans series, and still didn't get it.
masked or not? Close co-worker was at a small party a couple weeks ago and the only person wearing a mask was an infectious disease doctor. She is not the only one from the party not infected (except for a couple that already had it in the last couple of months).

And yeah, it will likely spread everywhere, to nearly everyone.

And when the GOP is back in power they will repeal a lot of ObamaCare, including protection for pre-existing conditions.

And then COVID will be a pre-existing condition.

And then the cardiovascular and neurological issues that we are seeing coming from COVID will not be covered.

Hopefully for all of us that the reports of those issues are greatly exaggerated.

Ugh.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They'd never repeal ObamaCare! It's not they repeatedly tried to take away people's health care and failed by a single vote.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t think they will take away pre existing conditions. It was wildly popular with all Americans and Republicans were forced to campaign on not ending preexisting conditions the last decade. Maybe if they gain total control of all branches of government they might try something like that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:11 am
I don’t think they will take away pre existing conditions. It was wildly popular with all Americans and Republicans were forced to campaign on not ending preexisting conditions the last decade. Maybe if they gain total control of all branches of government they might try something like that.
They were one vote short of doing it. And the guy dying of cancer was that lone vote.

Next time it won't come down to 1 or 2 votes.

And the insurance lobby will spend even more.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:49 am
Sounds like my wife and I.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:04 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:56 am
masked or not? Close co-worker was at a small party a couple weeks ago and the only person wearing a mask was an infectious disease doctor. She is not the only one from the party not infected (except for a couple that already had it in the last couple of months).

And yeah, it will likely spread everywhere, to nearly everyone.

And when the GOP is back in power they will repeal a lot of ObamaCare, including protection for pre-existing conditions.

And then COVID will be a pre-existing condition.

And then the cardiovascular and neurological issues that we are seeing coming from COVID will not be covered.

Hopefully for all of us that the reports of those issues are greatly exaggerated.

Ugh.
I was unmasked for all. I have personally gone back to pre-pandemic ways. I was also on an airplane to/from San Diego/AZ in that timeframe. Not to mention with the unwashed masses in Vegas for three full days.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Vegas has great air filtration.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So this "monkeypox" disease is now starting to show up. Is this going to be a big one, or no big deal? I don't really know yet.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Don’t rub butts with people you can’t trust

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:25 pm
It sounds like monkeypox is not an airborne disease like COVID, and it spreads primarily through physical touch. So far it has largely been spread through sex, though it is not technically an STD.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

This wave is pretty pervasive. In the past two weeks my mother in law, her brother and sister in law (oregon), my dad in California, my brother on the east coast and probably soon to be his family. My close friend caught it hanging out with a friend outside six feet apart who turned out was positive. It’s going to infect you with all the living normal unmaksed shit
The vaccine doesn’t prevent long covid very well and BA4/5 isn’t fucking around it’s kicking the ass of our ABs. It won’t be long before we’re back to square one.

Indy

Post by Indy »

but what about my freedoms Drew?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:47 am
specialsauce wrote:
It sounds like monkeypox is not an airborne disease like COVID, and it spreads primarily through physical touch. So far it has largely been spread through sex, though it is not technically an STD.
Butt rubbing is discouraged!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:32 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:47 am
specialsauce wrote:
But it feels so good!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:32 pm
Don't tell me what to rub, this is AMERICA pal!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I sent a PCP who’s patient came to the ER with covid a message saying the data now unequivocally shows Ivermectin is not effective and now I can’t give your patient paxlovid because they interact, so please reconsider in future. His response to me was “FREEDOM OF SPEECH!”