2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

You mentioned Soros.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If you get a bunch of corrupt people in enough positions, the world is your oyster. You can make anything you wish happen whether the majority like it or not. Looks like we might be heading that direction. That's when a civil war becomes more likely.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 1:28 pm
If you get a bunch of corrupt people in enough positions, the world is your oyster. You can make anything you wish happen whether the majority like it or not. Looks like we might be heading that direction. That's when a civil war becomes more likely.
Maybe you don't realize this, but this is how half the country feels about what happen in the 2020 election and what the Election Integrity bill was going to create. I'm sure you disagree with their view, but I'm trying to let you know that's how they feel.

It's just like the CNN commentator talking about how Elon may make liberal voices silenced, shadow banned, or suspended from the platform. That's a level of self-awareness that was staggering, because that's exactly what happened to conservatives and what they said was happening.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:56 pm
Superbone wrote:
Maybe you don't realize this, but this is how half the country feels about what happen in the 2020 election and what the Election Integrity bill was going to create. I'm sure you disagree with their view, but I'm trying to let you know that's how they feel.

It's just like the CNN commentator talking about how Elon may make liberal voices silenced, shadow banned, or suspended from the platform. That's a level of self-awareness that was staggering, because that's exactly what happened to conservatives and what they said was happening.
What makes you think alt-right voices were silenced or shadow banned? That should be easy to prove with data, right?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 4:02 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

What makes you think alt-right voices were silenced or shadow banned? That should be easy to prove with data, right?
This is common knowledge, Indy. The people that were have that data, but a purge of a ton of them happened a few times.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Kicking people off twitter or FB for repeatedly lying isn't "silencing alt-right voices."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:38 pm
You mentioned Soros.
I mention Trump all the time too. Doesn’t make him my hero.

If Soros bankrolled a movie claiming to prove Trump lost the election would you be suspicious?

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don;t know anyone on the left side of the spectrum that talks about Soros. Or supports him. And very few could even pick him out of a lineup. It is the right side that is obsessed with him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Soros is a bad guy. His life goal is to destroy the US.

Indy

Post by Indy »

to what end?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

As far as I can tell from his past fortune building escapades, destabilizing a country makes him a shit load of money.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros
George Soros[a] HonFBA (born György Schwartz, August 12, 1930)[1][2] is a Hungarian-born American businessman and philanthropist.[8][9] As of March 2021, he had a net worth of US$8.6 billion,[10][11] having donated more than $32 billion to the Open Society Foundations,[12] of which $15 billion have already been distributed, representing 64% of his original fortune. Forbes called him the "most generous giver" (in terms of percentage of net worth).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Half the country does not believe that the election was stolen. At most it is somewhere in the low to mid 30% range, essentially entirely consisting of Republicans who are mad that Super King Trump did not win. Here are several links to show actual poll numbers on this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... lie-trump/
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ion-was-f/
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/exhau ... e-lives-on

Even if 100% of Republicans decided to "feel" that something wrong happened in the 2020 election, their "feelings" don't make it true. The complete and total lack of evidence is more important than how they "feel." I thought Trump was the "F**k your feelings" candidate, anyway? There simply are no receipts here, no evidence of voter fraud, and yet people still "feel" that something shady must have happened. Sure. GTFO of here with that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You keep saying that 2000 Mules was debunked, but that simply is not the case. You obviously haven't seen it, but I have and I debunked the bs that the "debunker" tried to make out of it. If you haven't seen it, you have no standing, imo. You are just willfully ignorant.

BTW, it's the Great MAGA King, haha. At least get the title correct. ;)
Last edited by In2ition on Fri May 13, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

"willfully ignorant" because you don't watch propaganda from a convicted campaign finance felon. OK

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am
"willfully ignorant" because you don't watch propaganda from a convicted campaign finance felon. OK
It's not propaganda, when they have the evidence of the perps dead to rights.

Indy

Post by Indy »

If that were the case they would be in court defending themselves.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Who says that it won't be filed?

Indy

Post by Indy »

you don't release a movie in hopes that officials will watch it and then contact you to file charges.