Booker

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Booker

Post by iLLmatic »

I know everyone's emotional right now after that ass kicking but I don't want to hear anymore complaints the next time Booker is snubbed for the all star game. Didn't hit his first field goal until the third? What the fuck.

TOO

Re: Booker

Post by TOO »

Would've been a great Luka sidekick. What could have been.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The guy put the team on his back for most of the season and playoffs. He deservedly was in the 4th place mvp voting, and he'll be first team all NBA. He had one bad game at a horrible time but I don't buy this narrative that this loss is on him or proves he isn't elite.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:02 pm
The guy put the team on his back for most of the season and playoffs. He deservedly was in the 4th place mvp voting, and he'll be first team all NBA. He had one bad game at a horrible time but I don't buy this narrative that this loss is on him or proves he isn't elite.
Did you watch game 6?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Not max contract worthy. Sign-and-trade him.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:51 pm
Not max contract worthy. Sign-and-trade him.
He’s more worthy than Ayton, that’s for sure.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:24 pm
I know everyone's emotional right now after that ass kicking but I don't want to hear anymore complaints the next time Booker is snubbed for the all star game. Didn't hit his first field goal until the third? What the fuck.
I’m not sure what you’re talking about. He’s made it three years in a row.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I hope Book remembers this loss and that it motivates him to work hard this offseason to come back and kick some ass next season.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:53 pm
I hope Book remembers this loss and that it motivates him to work hard this offseason to come back and kick some ass next post-season.
fify

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

He poked the bear, and the bear swatted him mightily. Hope this is a learning experience.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

LazarusLong wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:31 am
He poked the bear, and the bear swatted him mightily. Hope this is a learning experience.
We were supposed to be the bear, even since the mediocre Suns years, they have managed to put Luka down, with a consecutive 10 defeat run to show for it.

Luka spell some demons with this series, while we shrank like we were supposed to do… LAST YEAR!!

How this year turned upside down, is a big question ahead.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LazarusLong wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:31 am
For sure this was a big eye opener for Book. He has a lot to learn from what transpired. Knowing him, he will go back and try to figure out where he went wrong and become a better players because of it.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 8:02 pm
“You are only as good as your last performance.”

The whole team seemed defeated when they took the court. I seriously think something “internal” as Monty said was happening. I wonder if there wasn’t a blow up of some kind or as SchelC said they knew Pauls hand was done and gave up. Then again lot’s of guys have gotten injured all season and no-one gave up then, let alone a game seven of round two. There was talk of words between Monty and Ayton and I wonder if something was said that carried over. I saw no joy, no anger or emotion, just stoic faces. Totally uncharacteristic of the team.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Seems we went south this series when Cam Payne rode the pine. Maybe he was stirring up shit internally. He looks like he has bad breath. Wouldn't surprise me.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:09 am
Seems we went south this series when Cam Payne rode the pine. Maybe he was stirring up shit internally. He looks like he has bad breath. Wouldn't surprise me.
Dude, I get the frustration but let's not start making shit up.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:35 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
You weren't sold on the sarcasm with that bit? What I am saying though is that there definitely has to be something going on internally for the team to check out the way they did. Whether it's coach and Ayton, the team and Ayton, something Chris Paul said to someone, a look Devin Booker gave about someone bad mouthing the Kardashians. Who TF knows. But the problem was mental with this team. I didn't see a lot of physical laboring from our stars.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I agree.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:38 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:35 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
You weren't sold on the sarcasm with that bit? What I am saying though is that there definitely has to be something going on internally for the team to check out the way they did. Whether it's coach and Ayton, the team and Ayton, something Chris Paul said to someone, a look Devin Booker gave about someone bad mouthing the Kardashians. Who TF knows. But the problem was mental with this team. I didn't see a lot of physical laboring from our stars.
My bad. No, I didn't get your sentiment at all. I see now that it was just a joke and nothing malicious.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Yeah, it was mostly mental for sure. You can tell when a team just quits. We saw it last year against the Suns, when the Nuggets simply quit. Remember their coach berating them? Monty claiming the Suns wanted it really bad is just bs. If they did, they would have looked like it.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It felt like some internal things were going on. It might have been more than just knowing that Ayton didn't want to be there. They might have felt relieved to have the season end, or at least it played out like that with the @$$ kicking they got.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass