2022 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Shabazz »

Draft Lottery is tonight. Suns have no picks in either round and generally despise the draft and players under 25.

Consensus top 3 is Chet Holmgren, Paolo Banchero and Jabari Smith in some order. Smith is my favorite of the bunch.

Does anyone care?

Mori Chu

Re: 2023 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

We might make trades in which we acquire picks. And in general it's always interesting to see who wins the lottery and who moves up.

I really hope the Lakers win and then have to give away their pick, LOL.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 4:50 pm
We might make trades in which we acquire picks. And in general it's always interesting to see who wins the lottery and who moves up.

I really hope the Lakers win and then have to give away their pick, LOL.
As much as that would hurt the Lakers, you really want the Pels to get another giant asset, while they still have Zion in the bullpen ready to go, if he ever gets ready to go?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Orlando has a lot of lanky bigs in a draft with mostly lanky bigs at the top. I just take Jabari if I’m them though.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Well, all 4 of those top 4 teams certainly are bad and need help. It feels like Orlando could have 5 #1 picks in a row and still not put together a good roster, though.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I watched almost zero college basketball this season so I don’t have much of an opinion on any of these guys.

From the little I did watch, I love Holmgren's feel for the game and motor but obviously worry about his body. He’s like the inverse of Ayton.

Banchero looks like the typical all-world player who’s been better than everyone at every level so he never really pushed himself much. That could go either way in the NBA, either he’ll put in the work and become All-NBA or he’ll kind of float and be Tobias Harris. Regardless, I think he has a really high floor.

I didn’t see Smith play at all, only YouTube clips. I don’t have a feel for him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

IIRC, Holmgren and Suggs are long time teammates. I think Suggs is probably just a high end role player at his peak, but he’s a great culture/work ethic guy. If I were a Magic fan, I’d hope the Magic pick Holmgren and do what I could to cut out the fat (Isaac, Bamba, Bol).
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think Holmgren will be great as well. He's a really unique player.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 5:53 pm
IIRC, Holmgren and Suggs are long time teammates. I think Suggs is probably just a high end role player at his peak, but he’s a great culture/work ethic guy. If I were a Magic fan, I’d hope the Magic pick Holmgren and do what I could to cut out the fat (Isaac, Bamba, Bol).
Holmgren would be awfully nice next to Ayton, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I always kinda like Orlando so I’m happy for them…also this should be the 2022 draft

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:30 pm
I always kinda like Orlando so I’m happy for them…also this should be the 2022 draft
Whoops. Can a mod fix?

The top of the '23 draft (at least) is going to be a great one. There's one generational prospect (Victor Wembanyama) and one who looks like an All-NBA type (Scoot Henderson).

Split T

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Split T »

Anybody have any players they love in this draft. I’m paying attention to who Detroit, Indy, and San Antonio draft as those would be Ayton S&T targets.

I’m also quite intrigued by Jeremy Sochan…haven’t watched him a lot, but he profiles as a big versatile defender who is also a playmaking forward. Not really a shooter at all, but I’m intrigued. KOC throws out Ben Simmons, Draymond Green, and Aaron Gordon comps.

Keegan Murray feels like a guy James Jones would like to me. Highly productive, older player with size who can shoot. The ringer throws out Siakam, TJ Warren, and Al Horford comps.

Shaedon Sharpe is also interesting…Didn’t play at Kentucky, but was a top tier recruit. Think some might have even had him #1. Athletic shooting wing with length…compared to Jalen Green, Beal, PG.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hard to get very excited about it when we don't even have a 2nd rounder. I get that we can trade for one, but still, meh.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

With James Jones, it’s kind of folly to emotionally invest in any prospects even when we do have a pick.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The draft combine is free intel. Not attending and evaluating prospects is outright negligent for a GM.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Keep an eye on this kind of stuff because I think it could indicate the Suns would be more willing to part with Cam Johnson in a trade.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Impressive.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Dragan Bender had highlights