2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

We've talked this topic to death. Mainstream media outlets are imperfect, but they do real journalism and are almost always getting it right. And they are certainly not actively trying to deceive, manufacture, or lie. They sometimes mess up, but it is accidental, and rare. These alternative right-wing sites and networks like Fox, Newsmax, OAN actively manufacture propaganda and bullshit daily. They have only passing interest in truth, much more concerned with narrative, outrage, and fear. They constantly put out stories that are easily debunked. The two sides are not the same. In2 doesn't agree, but, well, he's just simply wrong. He's been shown evidence over and over that his sources are bunk, but he keeps going back to them. There's not much hope of reaching somebody who won't reconsider their garbage media diet in response to substantial evidence.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How really? What will I say next, Indy?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 pm
We've talked this topic to death. Mainstream media outlets are imperfect, but they do real journalism and are almost always getting it right. And they are certainly not actively trying to deceive, manufacture, or lie. They sometimes mess up, but it is accidental, and rare. These alternative right-wing sites and networks like Fox, Newsmax, OAN actively manufacture propaganda and bullshit daily. They have only passing interest in truth, much more concerned with narrative, outrage, and fear. They constantly put out stories that are easily debunked. The two sides are not the same. In2 doesn't agree, but, well, he's just simply wrong. He's been shown evidence over and over that his sources are bunk, but he keeps going back to them. There's not much hope of reaching somebody who won't reconsider their garbage media diet in response to substantial evidence.
In2 isn’t going to be swayed by anything you post and we are certainly not going to be swayed by anything he posts. To him everything we post is fake. To us anything he posts is fake. The country in a nutshell.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:28 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:59 pm
In2 isn’t going to be swayed by anything you post and we are certainly not going to be swayed by anything he posts. To him everything we post is fake. To us anything he posts is fake. The country in a nutshell.
I don't think that's true at all. May you please stop putting words into my mouth? I can speak for myself, and I don't need you making things up about me or what I think.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have been seeing your posts for years. I should have changed it to “IMO In2 thinks everything we post is fake.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Absolutes are point of shutting down debate. I don't have a problem discussing issues and talking them through. I actually could be persuaded into a different POV, because I don't think I know everything. It's those that REFUSE to even look at the other POV that tend to be entrenched in their own views. Do you know anyone like that?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We all form our own opinions. I try to read as many sources as possible to get my opinions. IMO you choose all right wing sites for your opinions and ignore anything else as fake. The more mainstream the source the more likely you are to ignore it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If that's your opinion of me, then you are sadly mistaken.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

1/6 committee has evidence that sitting members of Congress gave recon tours to the insurrectionists to help them plan out their attack for 1/6. This shit is evil. These people should be removed from our government and probably arrested.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I can just hear it now, they may have video and audio of their meeting and tour.
"Thank you for the reconnaissance tour, Senator and Congressman. We are planning on attacking the Capitol tomorrow and this information is going to vitally important. Can you point out the weak spots, where and how many security will here and how to turn off the magnetic door locks?"

"Oh, oh, let me think. Yes, yes, over here, let me show you and you can count the officers as we continue the tour."

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:39 pm
I can just hear it now, they may have video and audio of their meeting and tour.
"Thank you for the reconnaissance tour, Senator and Congressman. We are planning on attacking the Capitol tomorrow and this information is going to vitally important. Can you point out the weak spots, where and how many security will here and how to turn off the magnetic door locks?"

"Oh, oh, let me think. Yes, yes, over here, let me show you and you can count the officers as we continue the tour."
What would you bet on the existence of texts and emails that are clear idiots like Gosar and Biggs and MTG that are not far off from that? You keep defending people that supported an insurrection attempt.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Giving psychos a tour to help them plan out a literal attack on the Capitol is fine. But counting people's votes, that's treasonous fraud.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh boy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You'll will love this conversation.
“The Democrats stole the election”

Umm no not really, the Republicans technically did. They have been for decades- they allow
The Democrats to take control to claim to the donors that it’s the Democrats fault they didn’t get things done.

“No way”

Yes way. They invented how to steal elections. They used a BUSH during chaos and planning to take away your freedoms ..; then the first “black” president who everyone would love or not hate (cause they’d be racist) to put the nail on the coffin with Obamacare NDAA and taking coop control as head of the one world government

“No. The Republicans hate Obamacare “

But they had a Republican house and senate and did not repeal it .
The Republicans are the Democrat overlords. Do you really think that those people you see won the vote?
You think over 100MIL Americans are stupid and want men to have babies, kill babies and forfeit sovereignty? Therefore how could radical democrats really have control.

The DNC emails show Clinton vs Bernie was rigged but the RNC emails show they helped and made sure HRC would win. Remember the RNC was hacked too.

"Imma Google some of that. I didn’t know RNC was hacked too."

Facts.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What is that diarrhea?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I knew you would love it, Mori, haha.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 pm
I think maybe you think it is a clever sequence of arguments knocking down Democrat talking points? But it's mostly nonsense and straw man versions of such things. Or maybe you just thought it was funny? To me it reflects pretty big misunderstandings about what non-Republicans say and think about these various issues.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

On the GOP coup tours:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:12 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:09 pm
I think maybe you think it is a clever sequence of arguments knocking down Democrat talking points? But it's mostly nonsense and straw man versions of such things. Or maybe you just thought it was funny? To me it reflects pretty big misunderstandings about what non-Republicans say and think about these various issues.
Nope. None of that actually. This wouldn't be a non-Republican conversation.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It sure does take a long time to bring these people to justice. Should I use you inflammatory language Mori?
"IT'S AN EVIL DEMS CONSPIRACY!!!" - probably Mori somewhere
LOL, I'm just kidding. You know I love you, Mori.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, May 21, 2020
U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain Announces Charges and Guilty Plea of Former Philadelphia Judge of Elections Who Committed Election Fraud
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr/us ... iladelphia

PHILADELPHIA – United States Attorney William M. McSwain announced today that Domenick J. DeMuro, 73, of Philadelphia, PA, a former Judge of Elections for the 39th Ward, 36th Division in South Philadelphia, has been charged and has pled guilty to a two-count Information charging (1) conspiracy to deprive Philadelphia voters of their civil rights by fraudulently stuffing the ballot boxes for specific Democratic candidates in the 2014, 2015, and 2016 primary elections, and (2) a violation of the Travel Act, which forbids the use of any facility in interstate commerce (here, a cell phone) with the intent to promote certain illegal activity (here, bribery). U.S. Attorney McSwain’s video statement providing additional details about this case is available on the Office website here: https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/video ... iladelphia.

The Judge of Elections is an elective office and a paid position. In that role, DeMuro was responsible for overseeing the entire election process and voter activities of his Division. The Judge of Elections is charged with overseeing the Division’s polling place in accordance with federal and state election laws and is required to attend Election Board Training conducted by the Philadelphia City Commissioners.

The voting machines at each polling station, including DeMuro’s station, generate records in the form of a printed receipt documenting the use of each voting machine. The printed receipt, also known as the “results receipt,” shows the vote totals, and the Judge of Elections and other Election Board Officials at each polling place attest to the accuracy of machine results.

During his guilty plea hearing, DeMuro admitted that an unnamed political consultant gave DeMuro directions and paid him money to illegally add votes for certain Democratic candidates. These candidates were individuals running for judicial office whose campaigns had hired the consultant, as well as other candidates for various federal, state, and local elective offices who were preferred by this consultant for a variety of reasons.

The political consultant would solicit monetary payments from his clients in the form of cash or checks as “consulting fees,” and then use portions of these funds to pay Election Board Officials, including DeMuro, in return for tampering with the election results. After receiving payments ranging from between $300 to $5,000 per election from the consultant, DeMuro would add fraudulent votes on the voting machine – also known as “ringing up” votes – for the consultant’s clients and preferred candidates, thereby diluting and distorting the ballots cast by actual voters. DeMuro would add these fraudulent votes to the totals during Election Day, and then would later falsely certify that the voting machine results were accurate.

“DeMuro fraudulently stuffed the ballot box by literally standing in a voting booth and voting over and over, as fast as he could, while he thought the coast was clear. This is utterly reprehensible conduct. The charges announced today do not erase what he did, but they do ensure that he is held to account for those actions,” said U.S. Attorney McSwain. “Voting is the cornerstone of our democracy. If even one vote is fraudulently rung up, the integrity of that election is compromised. I want the public to know that this investigation is active and ongoing, and my Office is taking every possible step that we can to ensure the integrity of the upcoming primary and general elections in the nine counties of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.”

“This defendant abused his office by engaging in election fraud for profit,” said Assistant Attorney General Brian A. Benczkowski of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division. “Today’s conviction makes it clear that the Department of Justice will do all in its power to protect the integrity of elections and maintain public confidence in all levels of elected government.”

“Domenick DeMuro put a thumb on the scale for certain candidates, in exchange for bribes,” said Michael J. Driscoll, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Philadelphia Division. “As public trust in the electoral process is vital, the FBI’s message today is clear: election interference of any kind, by hostile foreign actors or dishonest local officials, won’t be tolerated. This is an active, ongoing investigation and we're asking anyone with information on election fraud to contact the FBI.”

“The citizenry of the City of Philadelphia, as well as this Commonwealth and these United States, needs to be confident in the integrity of our elections,” said Captain Leo Hannon, Director of the Pennsylvania State Police, Special Investigations Division. As this investigation clearly illustrates, the Pennsylvania State Police will relentlessly pursue any breach of the sacred trust bestowed upon our public officials. Our agency is proud to partner with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States Attorney’s Office, and the United States Department of Justice as a whole to root out corruption at any level of our government. Matters of public corruption and public integrity have been, and shall remain, a top priority of the Pennsylvania State Police.”

This case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, with assistance from the Pennsylvania State Police. It is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Eric L. Gibson and Richard C. Pilger, U.S. Department of Justice, Director of Elections Crimes Branch, Criminal Division, Public Integrity Section.