Movies / TV Shows

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: TV Shows / Movies

Post by Superbone »

Has anybody watched Tokyo Vice? It's been recommended to me.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 5:02 pm
Yeah. Solid show. I like the early episodes better, but it becomes a touch formulaic towards the end of S1.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I finished Ozark. I binged the final 7 shows this weekend. It was a great show along the lines of Breaking Bad.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:03 pm
Superbone wrote:
Yeah. Solid show. I like the early episodes better, but it becomes a touch formulaic towards the end of S1.
I'll probably have to put it on the back burner. I think I'm ready to resubscribe to Paramount as the new Star Trek series, Strange New Worlds is now out. Plus, I need to watch the last season of Discovery.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:57 am
I finished Ozark. I binged the final 7 shows this weekend. It was a great show along the lines of Breaking Bad.
I am 2 episodes into the final drop. Hope to finish it in the next week or two.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:00 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I'll probably have to put it on the back burner. I think I'm ready to resubscribe to Paramount as the new Star Trek series, Strange New Worlds is now out. Plus, I need to watch the last season of Discovery.
Don't forget Lower Decks. That is my favorite of the new trek, by far. But I have to say that the first episode of Strange New Worlds was really good.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Don't forget Lower Decks. That is my favorite of the new trek, by far. But I have to say that the first episode of Strange New Worlds was really good.
You're right. I was caught up on that at the time as well. (End of the previous season of Discovery.) I wouldn't say I liked it more than Discovery but I did like it very much. I've only heard good things about SNW. Loved the characters when they were in Discovery. Really looking forward to it. Does it have that TOS vibe?
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:44 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:15 pm
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Superbone wrote:
You're right. I was caught up on that at the time as well. (End of the previous season of Discovery.) I wouldn't say I liked it more than Discovery but I did like it very much. I've only heard good things about SNW. Loved the characters when they were in Discovery. Really looking forward to it. Does it have that TOS vibe?
So far I have not been a fan of Discovery. It looks cool, has really good characters, but I just haven't been into the story. I haven't watched a minute of the last season, so I need to try that and see how it feels.

Don't get me started on Picard. I haven't watched Season 2 at all yet. And I will watch it, which I guess says something about me because I didn't enjoy 80% of Season 1.

On to SNW--It is only a single episode, and a pilot, so it has to do a lot. In the current age of 2 hour TV pilots that spend as much as a movie to produce, it was really refreshing to see a single 1 hour show that not only set up the world (a lot of that was done in Discovery and TOS and TAS and TNG and ...) but also have a singular story that had a beginning, middle, and end. TV just isn't like that today. I wouldn't compare it to TOS, though.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wife and I just burned through the first 3 episodes of season 1 on HBO for a show called Hacks. It's great. Won't spoil it.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:28 pm
Wife and I just burned through the first 3 episodes of season 1 on HBO for a show called Hacks. It's great. Won't spoil it.
How about just a hint on the subject matter and kind of show?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I’m enjoying Mike Myers’ The Pentaverate right now. Silly comedy with Myers playing many roles.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:54 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Very solid show. Young, self-destructive female comedic writer gets paired up with a Joan Rivers-type in Las Vegas.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:06 am
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Very solid show. Young, self-destructive female comedic writer gets paired up with a Joan Rivers-type in Las Vegas.
Season 1 was very good. Looking forward to season 2 soon.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I can't remember if I said this before in here and am not bothering to search for it, but Barry is great.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sorry Bone! It's an R rated comedy about a female Vegas comedy performer that's been big for like 30 years at the tail end of her career holding on. She's becoming less relevant and a young, depressed female comedy writer that got blacklisted in the industry for a political joke about a homosexual politician on Twitter lands the only job she can get working with the comedian that's becoming irrelevant.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Wed May 18, 2022 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:21 am
I can't remember if I said this before in here and am not bothering to search for it, but Barry is great.
I love Barry. My wife isn't a fan of the dark subject matter but I've always loved Eastbound and Down and dark comedies.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Finally got around to We Own This City last night. The first episode is pretty good even if it kinda feels like a Dollar Store version of The Wire.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Man, season 4 of Stranger Things is intense!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wasn’t into history as a young guy. As I grew older I started getting into it more and more. I used to watch the History Channel often. I wondered how many different hitler shows there could possibly be. Then they switched programming to American Pickers, which is sort of interesting but, not really history. They had traveling America and eating it’s different foods shows. I pretty much stopped watching that channel. I turned to the History channel yesterday and saw a few great series. I recorded the entire Pacific war series and binge watched. Then the Grant series which along with the Theadore Roosevelt series was produced by Leonard De Caprio. I really liked the Grant one. He was a loser nobody rising all the way to George Washington status in the US. I haven’t watched the Teddy one yet.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I finished Ozark last week.
Spoiler: show/hide