Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Wally_West »

I’m not advocating for any of the deals I listed, I’m just saying those are the deals that I think most likely happens base on the teams that are considered the front runners to land him. I actually don’t like any of those deals but that’s kinda of what I’m expecting at this point.

I still have the slightest of hopes we can trade Ayton and who ever for KD.

My hopes dwindle by the day tho :(

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:56 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:40 am
Not gonna lie, that article doesn’t make me feel great about Jones long term. Seems like he works in our current win now state, but not someone I want at the helm for a rebuild.
I agree. I never thought Jones was any sort of special talent anyway, but this further makes me dread the inevitable rebuild after he sells the future and we stink.
The misery posts never end with you, do they? We've had arguably our best two year stretch in franchise history and you're trashing the GM as not being any sort of special and you're full of dread. What gets you through the day and looking forward to tomorrow in life? It's gotten to the point that when I see your avatar next to a post, I'm expecting to read depressing sentences and negative takes about ownership, our GM, our coaches, our roster. We could win a championship and you'd be down and out that it wasn't a sweep or that the championship t-shirts don't have the right font.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:57 pm
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
Not gonna lie, that article doesn’t make me feel great about Jones long term. Seems like he works in our current win now state, but not someone I want at the helm for a rebuild.
I agree. I never thought Jones was any sort of special talent anyway, but this further makes me dread the inevitable rebuild after he sells the future and we stink.
The misery posts never end with you, do they? We've had arguably our best two year stretch in franchise history and you're trashing the GM as not being any sort of special and you're full of dread. What gets you through the day and looking forward to tomorrow in life? It's gotten to the point that when I see your avatar next to a post, I'm expecting to read depressing sentences and negative takes about ownership, our GM, our coaches, our roster. We could win a championship and you'd be down and out that it wasn't a sweep or that the championship t-shirts don't have the right font.
I'll let you know when they win a title. I'm not excited about playoffs exits, sorry if that offends you. Paul forced his way to Phoenix, Jones hasn't done much to build my confidence in him outside of acquiring a guy who wanted to come here. Suns owner still sucks, these are simple facts bud. Another fact is Booker is not a super max player, he's probably gonna get it, because the Suns under Jones haven't developed any young talent to even consider moving a guy like Booker instead of overpaying him.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:13 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
I'll let you know when they win a title. I'm not excited about playoffs exits, sorry if that offends you. Paul forced his way to Phoenix, Jones hasn't done much to build my confidence in him outside of acquiring a guy who wanted to come here. Suns owner still sucks, these are simple facts bud. Another fact is Booker is not a super max player, he's probably gonna get it, because the Suns under Jones haven't developed any young talent to even consider moving a guy like Booker instead of overpaying him.
Moving a guy like Booker? Seriously? The one time we get talent we drafted that sticks around through the leanest years in our history only to become 1st team All-NBA, you're thinking about the failure of our GM in not having a viable replacement so we can move him? Get real. You're not worth having a conversation with that involves debate because it's in your blood to be pessimistic about all things. Wormwood would be proud.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Hard not to get excited over KD and Kyrie reports:
Kyrie eyeballing Lakers, KD not recruiting for Nets, Patty Mills hasn’t opted into next year for them.
All this coming ahead of draft…good for viewership, but also cueing GMs and priming them to make decisions. If you’re the Nets, do you re-assure KD and hear ahead of time what sort of deal Kyrie stays on? Do you blow it up and build with Ben Simmons?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Every player on your team should be in consideration for trading if it moves you closer to winning a championship.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:24 pm
See Sabonis is still on the table. ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Man I know most you guys haven't probably come up for air since the playoffs debacle but for me
After like a month unplugged from it all, I kinda forgot the trepidation by most who follow the team

Reading here and Suns Twitter this evening been 😰😰
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Who is Mark Gunnels?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:55 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:51 am
Split T wrote:
I like a GM that says "If you aren't trying to win now, you are trying to lose." But you still need to plan to win tomorrow. If the Warriors said "I don't see Poole being able to play an explicit role on our team this season" before that draft, and decided not to take him, they probably wouldn't have won another championship this season.
Right, he was necessary after the McD era where we were just grabbing whatever asset we can, but it seems we’ve over corrected.

Lots of talk on Twitter about it, outside of the Cam pick, hard to see how we’ve succeeded in the draft. Traded a pick in the CP3 deal, traded one for Shamet, and drafted Jalen Smith. So 2 hits(if you count the cp3 trade) and 2 misses, one of them a colossal miss.
What did Ty Jerome ever do to anyone that he's never mentioned as a James Jones pick?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Forgot about him…he also was mostly a failed pick

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:52 pm
Every player on your team should be in consideration for trading if it moves you closer to winning a championship.
Don't be so negative lol.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:28 pm
TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:13 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
Moving a guy like Booker? Seriously? The one time we get talent we drafted that sticks around through the leanest years in our history only to become 1st team All-NBA, you're thinking about the failure of our GM in not having a viable replacement so we can move him? Get real. You're not worth having a conversation with that involves debate because it's in your blood to be pessimistic about all things. Wormwood would be proud.
Cheers.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:07 pm

Who is Mark Gunnels?
A guy who makes his living with a keyboard and a podcast.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:27 pm
Split T wrote:

Who is Mark Gunnels?
I'll be surprised.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:39 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:

Who is Mark Gunnels?
I'll be surprised.
If the guy makes a living?
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:07 pm
TOO wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:39 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:

Who is Mark Gunnels?
I'll be surprised.
If the guy makes a living?
:?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Pretty big contrast to what Mikal said…probably the difference between someone who knows and someone who doesn’t.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think Paul is telling Ayton to get as much family time as he can, no?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Another interpretation of Paul’s quote