Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Post by Wally_West »

Payne and Craig for Burks and Reddish would save the Knicks 4.8 million.

Indy

Post by Indy »

No Jeremi Grant for DA trades...

Split T

Post by Split T »

Unless we trade him to Portland

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Very good point

DET has 43 million in cap space after the trade.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:41 pm

Very good point

DET has 43 million in cap space after the trade.
Suns can offer Ayton more in a sign and trade.

Indy

Post by Indy »

They are going to offer both Bridges and Ayton the max.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya and I want nothing to do with a Detroit S&T offer now unless it includes Jaden Ivey, but we kinda know how JJ would feel about that. We better be smart enough to just match an offer sheet.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Pistons with Cade, DA and Bridges sound fun.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Do they have enough space to max both? Add Ivey with the 5th pick and Saddiq Bey as well and they’d have a very nice team.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It looks like they have less than 50M in guaranteed salary--but I don't know how all the cap holds work. And that is assuming they dropped all their team options.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Milwaukee Bucks' pick is protected 1 through 4. The deal also includes Detroit acquiring Portland's No. 36 pick in Thursday's NBA draft for the Blazers at No. 46, as well as a 2025 second-round pick that Detroit had owed Portland, sources said. The Pistons also get a 2026 second-round pick from the Blazers, which will be the most favorable between Portland's and the New Orleans Pelicans'.
That's a really low price for Jerami Grant and makes it possible for Detroit to put the Suns in an uncomfortable spot if they'd rather not match a max offer. On the other hand, it's not easy to get max-level guys to sign in Detroit, so there's also a good chance they'd want to avoid losing out entirely and work on a deal with the Suns.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:37 pm
The Milwaukee Bucks' pick is protected 1 through 4. The deal also includes Detroit acquiring Portland's No. 36 pick in Thursday's NBA draft for the Blazers at No. 46, as well as a 2025 second-round pick that Detroit had owed Portland, sources said. The Pistons also get a 2026 second-round pick from the Blazers, which will be the most favorable between Portland's and the New Orleans Pelicans'.
That's a really low price for Jerami Grant and makes it possible for Detroit to put the Suns in an uncomfortable spot if they'd rather not match a max offer. On the other hand, it's not easy to get max-level guys to sign in Detroit, so there's also a good chance they'd want to avoid losing out entirely and work on a deal with the Suns.
I could see their offer being Stewart and Bey (and whatever filler necessary to make salaries work). I like both players, but it doesn't seem like a recipe for taking a step forward.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Another potential DA piece looks to be on the move to Portland...

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I wonder if Jones is fine keeping DA at the 4-year max level that another team could offer? It just seems like neither side has been willing to budge on the 5-year max option.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I thought Portland would be crazy to try and retool around Lillard, but if they can really get Grant and now OG, I kinda like that team. Lillard/Simons/OG/Grant

I guess they bring back Nurkic at the 5, but they could also go small with Grant and OG at the 4/5 and put Hart I to the lineup. I don’t think they are contenders, but that’s a fun team and if Lillard can turn into 50 a game Dame at the right time, maybe they can surprise.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Related to my comment about an Ayton bidding war if Atlanta trades Collins soon.

This kind of deal could make both teams a contender for Ayton. Atlanta would have the roster spot/role and the Spurs would have the assets as I'd assume they'd be getting more stuff than Collins if they're sending Murray to Atlanta.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Can we send Ayton for Murray instead?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:29 pm
Related to my comment about an Ayton bidding war if Atlanta trades Collins soon.

This kind of deal could make both teams a contender for Ayton. Atlanta would have the roster spot/role and the Spurs would have the assets as I'd assume they'd be getting more stuff than Collins if they're sending Murray to Atlanta.

Fuck that noise, the talk should be getting in to trade for Collins or Murray, not receiving trash left over from that deal

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Phewwwww no Grant for Ayton trade. That was one of the ones I liked least so I'm glad it is off the table.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:18 pm
Phewwwww no Grant for Ayton trade. That was one of the ones I liked least so I'm glad it is off the table.
Don’t count it out yet. Wonder if Portland could turn around and send him to Phx still.