Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Superbone »

Wow, thanks for sharing that with us. That's horrible. Hang in there!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Good luck to you and the family, AIG. I really hope you all recover soon and aren't impacted by long covid.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So sorry to hear it, AIG. Wishing for a fast recovery for you and your family. COVID can be serious stuff.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Wishing you recovery and healing to you and your family AIG. Thank you for sharing this. COVID sucks and is blowing up on all sides of my family.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hope you and your family feel better soon AIG.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

How's the family doing, AIG?

Found out my son got it for the 2nd time Friday. Just talked to him and he's already feeling better with no loss of taste and smell unlike last time.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:03 pm
How's the family doing, AIG?

Found out my son got it for the 2nd time Friday. Just talked to him and he's already feeling better with no loss of taste and smell unlike last time.
My wife's cough is far better and almost gone. She says it sounds like there is rattling in her lungs. Our little one still has coughing from time to time at night. I seem to be turning the corner. Thanks everyone!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodding.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Every week the number of people I know with active infections goes up. It is crazy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I just had it last weekend…not sure where I got it from. Probably the plane. Luckily wasn’t too bad for me, but it does seem to be picking up again. Not a lot in my hospital yet, but numbers are climbing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'll be on a plane flight this coming Thursday and I'm scared that my family and I will get it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It feels like it's just a matter of time. I've still dodged it from the beginning but I'll be in the AZ State Poker championships this weekend. Lot's of opportunities to get it.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:08 am
I'll be on a plane flight this coming Thursday and I'm scared that my family and I will get it.
Especially since masks are no longer required…this was the first time I’ve traveled and masks weren’t required. It felt really weird walking around an airport with no one wearing masks.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I've had, and I kid you not, 14 friends or family that have traveled via airplane over the past 30 days. All 14 and their significant others / families got Covid. And almost all of them were vaccinated and boosted. Some got hit harder than others. I've started to keep track of this much more. Before that, there was a Knowledge Conference for ServiceNow, part of work for me. I didn't attend because I had Covid but everyone, and we must have had close to 30 people attend, got Covid between the New York and Las Vegas conferences.

You can either lock yourself at home or just plan to go get Covid. My wife and I have worn masks before we got Covid and after and it's unavoidable if you ever go into public because 97% of the people you encounter aren't wearing masks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am still doing everything I can to avoid it. Since I am vaccinated, I am less worried about dying in a hospital from covid, but... We don't know the long term consequences of the disease, including the preliminary reports of blood clots (including in the brain), lung damage, and one study showed a 40% increase in likelihood to develop diabetes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I saw some data saying that you can permanently measure changes in your brain after you get COVID. I really want to avoid it.

I think I mentioned in here before that I had a really, really bad sickness around March 2020, right when COVID was starting to be a "thing" but we hadn't locked down yet, and this was just after visiting several public spaces such as a museum in San Francisco. I think I may have caught COVID back then. I did take an antibody test a few months later and it came up negative. But the antibody tests were not super accurate back then, so, shrug. I can definitely say that whatever that bug was, I was laid out for over a week, and hacking and coughing like I haven't in years and years, and even after it healed it took months before I felt like I had my full wind and energy back. Since then I have not had any really bad sicknesses, and I have periodically tested myself for COVID with take-home tests and have always come up negative.

I'm going on a family trip this Thursday, and we are getting our kids vaccinated finally today. I will also get my latest booster (fourth vax shot total) this week. And we'll mask up in the airport and on the plane. That's about all we can do. So, fingers crossed.

Indy

Post by Indy »

My wife and son just flew across the country yesterday. They saw 10 people (not staff) at Sky Harbor wearing a mask, while transmissions rates are as high as ever. It is crazy.

My son had the same kind of thing you describe, Marty. It was late January of 2020 and he had a cough and fever that lasted almost 2 weeks. Like 104-105 fever. He spent quite a bit of time in class with folks that had parents traveling all over the world at that point. I still am a little skeptical it was COVID because none of the rest of us got it and it seems we should have since we didn't take extra precautions once he was sick.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, I just completed two days of sitting with a bunch of poker players at Talking Stick Resort. We'll see if I have continued my perfect Covid-less streak.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

How'd you do?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:07 pm
How'd you do?
Not well. I was card dead for two days.